Amnesiac Is An Album - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2005, 12:14 AM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:14 PM
I'm not a big fan of this post-modern notion that nothing is better/worse than anything else. On that playing field Kenny G = Brittney Spears = Radiohead = Mozart = Neil Finn = The Beatles = 50 Cent = INXS = Kelly Clarkson. Unlike most people I have no problems with X vs Y (as distinct from X&Y ) threads, so long as people put foward actual evidence to back up what they are saying and it isn't just spewing typical elitist talking points.

On Radiohead vs The Beatles... Lets just say I would probably reach for a Radiohead CD. But their is no doubting they are both great bands (allbiet chronically over rated by critics IMO)

Old 10-09-2005, 01:14 AM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
(as distinct from X&Y )

Well in other news, along with my U2 vinyl spree, I finally bought I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings.

Let's just say the was flooding my truck when I popped it into the cd player.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:45 AM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

Well in other news, along with my U2 vinyl spree, I finally bought I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings.

Let's just say the was flooding my truck when I popped it into the cd player.
I really, really hate that EP. It was a great tour and everything and I loved seeing them live, but I think it's one of the most artificial, incoherent, jumbled "live albums" I've ever heard. I think it lacks any sense of flow, pacing, and even audio quality. Great songs. Great band. Great shows. Terrible motherfucking EP.

But at least it's got a semi-rousing version of "True Love Waits"...though I'll gladly take the bootleg of the show I got to see it live at, any day.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:26 AM   #79
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by If you shout...

I really, really hate that EP. It was a great tour and everything and I loved seeing them live, but I think it's one of the most artificial, incoherent, jumbled "live albums" I've ever heard. I think it lacks any sense of flow, pacing, and even audio quality. Great songs. Great band. Great shows. Terrible motherfucking EP.

But at least it's got a semi-rousing version of "True Love Waits"...though I'll gladly take the bootleg of the show I got to see it live at, any day.
Oh man!!! Not even Like Spinning Plates???

That EP has the best version of the song! Even though I do like the freaked out backwards album version, that piano is just And I really like that version of Idioteque too. Very energetic vocals and sing along crowd chants!
Old 10-09-2005, 02:29 AM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

Oh man!!! Not even Like Spinning Plates???

That EP has the best version of the song! Even though I do like the freaked out backwards album version, that piano is just And I really like that version of Idioteque too. Very energetic vocals and sing along crowd chants!
Don't get me wrong--the song owns, live. Just trust me when I say that the "real" live version didn't sound anywhere near as hollow, cold, and soul-less as the one on I Might Be Wrong. If I'd not seen the band, then perhaps I would really enjoy this EP as a nice little document of the best band in the world conquering the world on tour...but I did and I don't. I haven't listened to this EP even in part in at least two years. And I'm that much better for it.

Again, I'm not raggin' on anybody for liking it--the shows WERE great! I guess I just got deflowered by seeing the tour and I just can't go back to the person I was, beforehand...?

Or something like that. Trust me. If you think that THIS is Radiohead live, then you're horribly, horribly mistaken. But keep listening and try to see them next year--you'll be so floored that you won't know what the fuck is what, no more!
Old 10-09-2005, 02:35 AM   #81
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by If you shout...

If you think that THIS is Radiohead live, then you're horribly, horribly mistaken. But keep listening and try to see them next year--you'll be so floored that you won't know what the fuck is what, no more!

btw, you really think that Radiohead is the best band in the world?
Old 10-09-2005, 01:41 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

btw, you really think that Radiohead is the best band in the world?

I do, they are without a doubt think they are the best band in the world.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:33 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:14 PM
Like Spinning Plates [ALBUM VERSION] cannot be beaten. I enjoyed the live one at first but then I ended up thinking, "Hang on this is actually crap"...I cannot get enough of the reversed keyboards on the studio one.