Amnesiac Is An Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amnesiac is a coaster.

bluemoon.jpg.w560h747.jpg

Zootlesque said:

No way! Are you serious? :ohmy:

I don't quite know why, just clicked. I think it's well put together, nice beat etc. Found it to be one of the redeeming features of the album. :shrug:

They played it in Sydney last time they were in Aus, I didn't go unfortunetly - pretty rare song live from what I see. :(

timothius said:

I don't quite know why, just clicked. I think it's well put together, nice beat etc. Found it to be one of the redeeming features of the album. :shrug:

They played it in Sydney last time they were in Aus, I didn't go unfortunetly - pretty rare song live from what I see. :(

It was fucking played live??? How were the vocals? LMAO. Is it even a song to be played live?

It sounds like some alien transmission radio static just cut and pasted in between Pyramid Song and You And Whose Army. Of course, I'm not saying I don't love that beat!

i'm not sure, but i think i might actually like amnesiac more than kid a.

might explain a few things, yes?

caisenma

Zoomerang96 said:
i'm not sure, but i think i might actually like amnesiac more than kid a.

might explain a few things, yes?

caisenma

That explains why you don't sign off as 'a dik'.

:happy:

mr bra needs to un-hook his misunderstanding regarding this beautiful bossom of a record.

you should have seen our msn convo this afternoon.

we were throwing more nhl goalie puns around than

people

...throw

...stuff

..........................to

........there. ?

WOW.

i am SO sorry.

Okay... so after listening to Amnesiac a couple of times, I haven't quite had that mind blowing experience I had with Kid A which is no doubt a better album. But I have to mention Pyramid Song, You And Whose Army, I Might Be Wrong and Like Spinning Plates (esp. the live version on IMBW) all of which are amazing! Pyramid Song was an instant favorite. You And Whose Army reminded me of Floyd circa 1968 (More). :love: IMBW is just wicked! Packt Like Sardines is cool but didn't really do much compared to Everything In It's Right Place. Actually I've got to listen to the second half more. I don't even remember how Hunting Bears & Life in a Glass House go.

Zootlesque said:
:grumpy:

Okay, Pulk/Pull is the greatest song ever!

Let's see if this will get Timmy's attention. :wink:

:lol:

Probably not the greatest song ever, I would say... the most interesting song on Amnesiac.

Nice review, reminds me of most of my thoughts after the first few listens. :wink:

Last edited:
Pulk/Pull = too awesome for words!! I don't what it is about it, 5 or so years ago I would have dismissed that kind of stuff immediately but it's surprisingly bloody amazing!

round and round and round and round and round and round........

cut the kids in half.........

cut the kids in half......

cut the kids in half.............

releeeeeeeease me....

releeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase me.

Zoomerang96 said:
the difference between coldplay and radiohead threads, is that the radiohead threads don't suck shit.

*sigh*

"Once one (You) can overcome one's prejudices against something (Coldplay), it is hard to take anything one might say with a pinch of salt, and it minimises the potential for others to respect one's opinion, because it is submerged in such bias, that it is on the brink of invalidity."

I resisted the temptation to start a new thread about this. Like Spinning Plates is so awesome, I can't get over it! The 'I Might Be Wrong' sessions live version blows the album version out of the water!!! That lush piano..... :combust:

I guess its the minor keys that make it sound so :sad:

My God.. this band is just fucking genius! :drool:

Experimental=:rockon: = Amnesiac = :up:

but some songs on Amnesiac are just plain annoying
Life in a glass house

Back
Top Bottom