Amnesiac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Stuff!

Pyramid Song, You and Whose Army, Knives Out, and Like Spinning Plates are some of their best ever!

I just picked it up a few weeks ago. I'm still trying to get into it, but unfortunately, I don't have many opportunities to just sit and hear it the whole way through. My favorite so far has been Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors.

Maybe if I could stop listening to OK Computer long enough to put something else into the CD player...

Last edited:
If you are a Radiohead nut, Amnesiac is a quality effort, I think Pyramid Song is vastly underrated. If you arent a RH fan, AMnesiac is Kid B, not my fave RH but excellent all the same......

-EP

Amnesiac definitely grew on me. I wasn't sure when I first bought it but it got better and better the more I listened to it, now it's one of my favourite RH albums.

Love knives out and pyramid song.

I've been getting into this album again recently; I've probably listened to it more this month than I've listened to Hail to the Thief. I burnt a copy of the album with all the "Pyramid Song" and "Knives Out" B-sides (everything fits on one disc provided you settle for one version of "Life In A Glass House").

My favorites are "You and Whose Army," "I Might Be Wrong" (one of their coolest riffs ever), and "Cuttooth."

I listened to nothing but this album the summer it came out.

I havent been listening to it much lately because of HTTT. I should listen to all of their albums at least once in the next 2 weeks before I see them live I suppose :up:

u2popmofo said:
I should listen to all of their albums at least once in the next 2 weeks before I see them live I suppose :up:

look at this casual mention.

mofo, you truly are a hofo.

see you in hell.

from heaven.

also: i love amnesiac, the only radiohead poster i have is from amnesiac era - cos not only do i love the album, but the artwork is fantastc.

you and whose army always gets me...just..that syncopation that is syncopated with other syncopated beats :drool: and when that drum comes in - every time - i just lose it...i can't hold conversation or think straight with that song on.

mmm...radiohead.

i don't know it too well. I tend to enjoy it while I am listening to it, but not be drawn back to it all that much. Perhaps I should join popmofo in refamiliarizing myself with the songs before I see them live :)

I've been rediscovering it this week, in fact, while working on my house. I love it. :up:

i never got into it. i'm a crap radiohead fan, perhaps i should give it another few listens. it took me this long to get into HTTT, after all...

i think that some days too - but then i listen to the bridge between optimistic and in limbo, and remember that i like kidA tons too.

usually it depends on my mood and what i'm doing whilst listening.

SkeeK said:
I think I like Amnesia better than Kid A

Yeah, I think I agree. It's always been a close call for me but lately I'm leaning towards Amnesiac...it just has some of my favorite RH songs ever on it.

Back
Top Bottom