Americas Next Top Model #9 - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #61
Refugee

Local Time: 01:39 AM
Ebony would not be the first person to be really enthusiastic about a new career endeavor and then find out it's not for her and bail out. She does seem like a bundle of insecurities and the criticism got to her. I like Ebony and I hope she does well.

Heather and Lisa continue to amaze me, and Bianca is starting to grow on me too. The others are kind of meh to me.

And is it just me, or does Tyra seem to hate Lisa?

Old 10-25-2007, 05:06 PM   #62
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:39 PM
I thought Tyra was too bitchy to Ebony on her departure. But oh well.

It did indeed appear to be Heather having a problem in the preview, but I had to roll my eyes at the voiceover calling it a "tragedy."

God forbid I'm wrong, but if they're calling an ambulance, it's probably just the yearly bout of a model having a medical issue and needing to go to the hospital, and managing to drag her sick butt back to panel and get to stick around because she sucked it up and showed she was in it to win it!

(Or something like that.)

Old 11-07-2007, 09:22 PM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:39 PM
I'm sorry to see Sarah go. It seems like all the token plus-size girls never have the confidence to go far on this show. She also did seem to lose weight to me, IMO.

I'm glad to see Lisa step it up, and I hope that continues. I'd like to see her and Heather be the final two.

I cannot wait to see next week's episode. It looks like Heather has had it with some of the girls. Its good to see her stand up to herself like that, and not take their crap.

Also, Chantal is starting to get to me. I see her getting more bitchier and catty as the show goes on. It would be from two things - one, if she continues not to do well, she'll be obnoxious to the other girls, or two, if she does better it'll go straight to her head and she'll become arrogant.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
I liked tonight's episode. I do like heather....
Old 11-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:39 PM
Heather is strongly becoming my #1. Love the intensity about her when she takes a photo.

I wish Sarah had been able to stay longer. Saw some promise in her! Would be nice to see a plus size girl win this competition and make her mark on the fashion world.

Great episode tonight
Old 11-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #66
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Im just watching it right now so I cant wait to see what happens
Old 11-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #67
Blue Crack Distributor

God, I'm really starting to hate Tyra. She seems more and more self-righteous and boy oh boy you'd better bow down to Queen Tyra on that show!

Anyway.

I don't know why they even bother with the plus-size models. They have one on the show every year, and it seems like they look for a reason to boot them as quick as they can.

That being said, I do see the dilemma with Sarah, if she was indeed losing weight (I don't think she looked any thinner than she did from the audition episode). If you're not quite a plus size, and you're not a size negative-three, you're in model limbo.

This is such a lackluster bunch. I can barely even see Saleisha's face because I'm so distracted by her butt-ugly haircut. And what's up with them giving models ratty-ass weaves? What is that thing on Jenah's head? The same thing happened with Brittany last season - can they not afford decent weaves? Do they have to look like straw?

I really, really prefer the episodes with an actual photoshoot - my favorite bit about the show is seeing the photos.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #68
Blue Crack Distributor

I admit it: no matter how many times I've seen these episodes at this point, I always get sucked into the weekend reruns on MTV and VH1 of the previous cycles (oh how I wish they'd rerun cycle 1 or even ACKNOWLEDGE the existence of Adrienne, but that's another rant for another day).

You know who one of my all-time favorite contestants is? Joanie from the cycle where Danielle won (cycle 6, I think?).

I wasn't really disappointed when Danielle won because I liked her a lot as well, but compared to the other blonde girl who won the next cycle (CariDee), I thought between the two of them, Joanie was far better than CariDee.

She's just so beautiful, and seemed really down-to-earth. She had consistently great pictures, but so did Danielle and (I hate to say it) Jade. I even liked Furonda, the girl who looked a little like a praying mantis but was so likable and delightfully goofy. That was a good cycle.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #69
War Child

Local Time: 01:39 AM
Joanie - I was shocked Danielle won - but without sounding like an ass it was time for a more 'exotic' beauty to win.

I also really liked Jade from that season. She photgraphed a bit old, was a real diva - but damn - she was fierce! Smile with your eyes!!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #70
Blue Crack Distributor

I know what you mean - I kind of felt that when CariDee and Melrose were the two finalists in the next season, the producers had been thinking "okay, we can have a white blonde girl win now."

I think my all-time favorite winner was Yoanna. She had the most gorgeous face.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #71
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I was surprised when Dani won over Joanie. The judges kept complaining about Dani's accent, and how it was too thick. But yep, the winners are fixed. I think it was fixed for Jaslene to win because they needed a full-blooded Latina to win. I also wouldn't be surprised if Heather wins, not just because she is good, but because of her Asperger's.

Naima used to be my favorite, but I saw a pic of her with a real mohawk - with the sides of her head shaved. I was freaked out when I saw that!
Old 11-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #72
Blue Crack Distributor

I liked Naima on the show, but she looks like a hot mess and often unattractive every time I've seen her outside of the show.

I don't really care how fixed the show is - I still love it ... warts and all!

I think Heather will win this season because honestly, I think she and Lisa are the only two remotely attractive models on it this year!

Edit: you know, I don't think Jaslene winning means it's fixed. She was strong through the whole season and took some amazing photographs. I'm sure the producers were thrilled that a Latina was a frontrunner, but I preferred her over Natasha (who was hit or miss for me) and Rene (who took some good pictures, but I just didn't like all that much).

And as far as Dani's accent, yeah, they made a big deal out of it on the show, but let's be real - when is she really going to need to speak in public as a Top Model winner, other than the "My Life As A Cover Girl" segments?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I think my all-time favorite winner was Yoanna. She had the most gorgeous face.
I totally agree. I looooooved Yoanna.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #74
Blue Crack Distributor

Although if I recall correctly, she recently went blonde, which makes me say
Old 11-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:39 PM
yeah i always watch the reruns even though ive seen them like a billion times all ready
this season isnt that good, but i like lisa