Americas Next Top Model #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ebony would not be the first person to be really enthusiastic about a new career endeavor and then find out it's not for her and bail out. She does seem like a bundle of insecurities and the criticism got to her. I like Ebony and I hope she does well.

Heather and Lisa continue to amaze me, and Bianca is starting to grow on me too. The others are kind of meh to me.

And is it just me, or does Tyra seem to hate Lisa?

I thought Tyra was too bitchy to Ebony on her departure. But oh well.

It did indeed appear to be Heather having a problem in the preview, but I had to roll my eyes at the voiceover calling it a "tragedy."

God forbid I'm wrong, but if they're calling an ambulance, it's probably just the yearly bout of a model having a medical issue and needing to go to the hospital, and managing to drag her sick butt back to panel and get to stick around because she sucked it up and showed she was in it to win it!

(Or something like that.)

I'm sorry to see Sarah go. It seems like all the token plus-size girls never have the confidence to go far on this show. She also did seem to lose weight to me, IMO.

I'm glad to see Lisa step it up, and I hope that continues. I'd like to see her and Heather be the final two.

I cannot wait to see next week's episode. It looks like Heather has had it with some of the girls. Its good to see her stand up to herself like that, and not take their crap.

Also, Chantal is starting to get to me. I see her getting more bitchier and catty as the show goes on. It would be from two things - one, if she continues not to do well, she'll be obnoxious to the other girls, or two, if she does better it'll go straight to her head and she'll become arrogant.

Heather is strongly becoming my #1. Love the intensity about her when she takes a photo.

I wish Sarah had been able to stay longer. Saw some promise in her! Would be nice to see a plus size girl win this competition and make her mark on the fashion world.

Great episode tonight :up:

God, I'm really starting to hate Tyra. She seems more and more self-righteous and boy oh boy you'd better bow down to Queen Tyra on that show!

Anyway.

I don't know why they even bother with the plus-size models. They have one on the show every year, and it seems like they look for a reason to boot them as quick as they can.

That being said, I do see the dilemma with Sarah, if she was indeed losing weight (I don't think she looked any thinner than she did from the audition episode). If you're not quite a plus size, and you're not a size negative-three, you're in model limbo.

This is such a lackluster bunch. I can barely even see Saleisha's face because I'm so distracted by her butt-ugly haircut. And what's up with them giving models ratty-ass weaves? What is that thing on Jenah's head? The same thing happened with Brittany last season - can they not afford decent weaves? Do they have to look like straw?

I really, really prefer the episodes with an actual photoshoot - my favorite bit about the show is seeing the photos.

I admit it: no matter how many times I've seen these episodes at this point, I always get sucked into the weekend reruns on MTV and VH1 of the previous cycles (oh how I wish they'd rerun cycle 1 or even ACKNOWLEDGE the existence of Adrienne, but that's another rant for another day).

You know who one of my all-time favorite contestants is? Joanie from the cycle where Danielle won (cycle 6, I think?).

I wasn't really disappointed when Danielle won because I liked her a lot as well, but compared to the other blonde girl who won the next cycle (CariDee), I thought between the two of them, Joanie was far better than CariDee.

joanie1.jpg

joanie2.jpg

joanie3.jpg

She's just so beautiful, and seemed really down-to-earth. She had consistently great pictures, but so did Danielle and (I hate to say it) Jade. I even liked Furonda, the girl who looked a little like a praying mantis but was so likable and delightfully goofy. That was a good cycle.

Last edited:
Joanie - I was shocked Danielle won - but without sounding like an ass it was time for a more 'exotic' beauty to win.

I also really liked Jade from that season. She photgraphed a bit old, was a real diva - but damn - she was fierce! Smile with your eyes!!!!

I know what you mean - I kind of felt that when CariDee and Melrose were the two finalists in the next season, the producers had been thinking "okay, we can have a white blonde girl win now."

:lol:

I think my all-time favorite winner was Yoanna. She had the most gorgeous face.

I was surprised when Dani won over Joanie. The judges kept complaining about Dani's accent, and how it was too thick. But yep, the winners are fixed. I think it was fixed for Jaslene to win because they needed a full-blooded Latina to win. I also wouldn't be surprised if Heather wins, not just because she is good, but because of her Asperger's.

Naima used to be my favorite, but I saw a pic of her with a real mohawk - with the sides of her head shaved. I was freaked out when I saw that!

I liked Naima on the show, but she looks like a hot mess and often unattractive every time I've seen her outside of the show.

I don't really care how fixed the show is - I still love it ... warts and all!

I think Heather will win this season because honestly, I think she and Lisa are the only two remotely attractive models on it this year!

Edit: you know, I don't think Jaslene winning means it's fixed. She was strong through the whole season and took some amazing photographs. I'm sure the producers were thrilled that a Latina was a frontrunner, but I preferred her over Natasha (who was hit or miss for me) and Rene (who took some good pictures, but I just didn't like all that much).

And as far as Dani's accent, yeah, they made a big deal out of it on the show, but let's be real - when is she really going to need to speak in public as a Top Model winner, other than the "My Life As A Cover Girl" segments?

Last edited:
yeah i always watch the reruns even though ive seen them like a billion times all ready
this season isnt that good, but i like lisa

I realized I forgot Chantal - I do like her as well, but I don't think she'll last much longer.

I've just realized something - is it me, or when VH-1 or MTV reruns ANTM, they don't show Cycle 4? I haven't seen that one in a while. Is it because they don't want to show when Tyra flipped out on that girl, Tiffany?

Pearl said:
I've just realized something - is it me, or when VH-1 or MTV reruns ANTM, they don't show Cycle 4? I haven't seen that one in a while. Is it because they don't want to show when Tyra flipped out on that girl, Tiffany?

It's just you - I've seen that cycle several times. I have to turn the channel for the ending of that episode; I can't watch it.

What is with Benny Ninja? He's everywhere this cycle!

I'm not surprised Ambreal was eliminated. She never read model to me.

I feel sorry for Heather. She seems to be letting the pressure of the competition get to her. The preview of next week's show have her screwing up on her CoverGirl lines. I hope that doesn't lead to her going home.

I'm glad Saleisha did well on the challenge. I think she is more of runway model than a photo model. And as for Lisa, she needs to step it up. I know I've said this already, but boy does she.

OK, my reviewing is done! :)

Heather continues to be right there at the top of my list. Just like Yoanna did Heather posseses that unique beauty. Wouldn't be disappointed either though if Lisa were to take it all. She has quite a bit of beauty and grace about her.

Going to get really interesting with the season going to China now! :hyper: However I didn't agree with getting all of the girls excited than telling someone they were going to have to leave. Thought maybe that could have been handled a bit differently. Like wait till you have the number of girls you want then announce China. Sure Ambreal knew she was voted off but still just seemed kind of mean.

On a different note my favorite season was with Caridee and Melrose. I would have chosen one of the twins out of that season though. May have been indentical but they were definitely a lot of differences about them and they both photographed well.

Seriously bad move - Lisa's photos have been beautiful. I think Bianca and Heather were the weak links - way moreso than Lisa. Lisa did seem to be a bit over it all though. I love Heather - but the how thehell will she do the final Covergirl ad?

Back
Top Bottom