American Idol - Season 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Yes. The time has come again. The greatest spectacle in Television history has returned. First auditions start tomorrow at 8 est/7 central.

There are a few changes this year to the standard Idol formula that we've grown accustomed to, including the addition of a 4th judge. Joining Randy, Paula, and Simon will be the smoking hot Kara DioGuardi. She's a songwriter/producer who wrote, among other things, the majority of Ashlee Simpson's debut album! :drool:

So who's ready for the IDOL? The good Lord knows I am.

Hellz to the yes!! I am so pumped for this tomorrow night. I actually know someone who may or may not have made the top 36. (They're doing 36 instead of 24 this year according to Ryan Seacrest).:hyper:

party0053.gif
party0053.gif
party0053.gif

I love all things Idol so, yes, the auditions are great. But I actually prefer the show once it gets into the Top 24 and beyond...once they narrow it down to the talented performers. Then when it moves to the Top 12 on the big stage, well, that's when shit gets real.

Ahhhhhh, life is good when Idol is in the air.

:heart:

The people who are deliberately terrible during auditions just to get on TV annoy me.

Still, I will be watching.

I'd read a few things about changes they were making. Less time spent in each audition city (yay), more focus on the better singers (yay), more time in Hollywood (YAY), and something about first narrowing it down to 36 instead of 24 before the final cut? something like that.

i'm looking forward to seeing what the new judge will be like. I still think they should ditch Paula.

Those were two wildly entertaining hours of television, as usual. I'm so happy to have Idol back. And I really like new judge Kara. Besides being very attractive, she seems to know her stuff and has the little sarcastic sense of humor that I dig. And she can actually sing which is a good thing for someone who, ya know, is judging singing ability.

Oh, and it was hilariously awkward when Seacrest was disgusted by the thought of kissing a girl. That dude never fails to crack me up.

Those were two wildly entertaining hours of television, as usual. I'm so happy to have Idol back. And I really like new judge Kara. Besides being very attractive, she seems to know her stuff and has the little sarcastic sense of humor that I dig. And she can actually sing which is a good thing for someone who, ya know, is judging singing ability.

Oh, and it was hilariously awkward when Seacrest was disgusted by the thought of kissing a girl. That dude never fails to crack me up.

I'm pretty sure he was more freaked out because a slutty 20 year old was hitting on him, and he would have looked like a pedophile on nation televison. That chick was such a whore. I think I caught chlamydia through my TV screen.:lol: Honey, the Rock of Love Bus auditions are down the hall. You're not that all-that.

My favorites were Scott McEnytire (blind guy), the bartender chick that sang "Sittin' On The Dock of the Bay", the girl that sang "At Last", the guy from Detroit that sang James Morrison, the rocker chick with the pinkish-orange hair, and that big blonde dude with the wife and 2 little kids that works as a roughneck or whatever it was. I don't do names this early.

The girl who sang "Barracuda" was awesome. It takes some bad-ass chops to take on Heart and not fall flat on your face.

Yeah. We need a real chick rocker on the show. Someone who isn't going to fizzle out when we realize they're a one mediocre-trick pony, like Amanda Overmeyer from last year.

Wow, that segment with Bikini Girl was one of the most obnoxious things I've ever seen on this show.

Bikini Girl came across as a smug girl with a sense of entitlement and a decent-enough voice, Simon and Randy came across like boneheads, Kara DID come across with that "jealous girl" syndrome and it seemed like she was trying to one-up Katrina. I get what she was doing with her demonstration - she was more relaxed with the line, but then she kept doing it!

Paula may have been the only one to not look like a complete bonehead out of that.

Yeah, the girl that sang Barracuda was definitely my favorite of the night. I think her name was Emily. She's got a chance to go pretty far, but you can never really guess when it's this early.

Yeah. We need a real chick rocker on the show. Someone who isn't going to fizzle out when we realize they're a one mediocre-trick pony, like Amanda Overmeyer from last year.

Wow, that segment with Bikini Girl was one of the most obnoxious things I've ever seen on this show.

Bikini Girl came across as a smug girl with a sense of entitlement and a decent-enough voice, Simon and Randy came across like boneheads, Kara DID come across with that "jealous girl" syndrome and it seemed like she was trying to one-up Katrina. I get what she was doing with her demonstration - she was more relaxed with the line, but then she kept doing it!

Paula may have been the only one to not look like a complete bonehead out of that.

:yes: to all of that

Barracuda Girl was great. I liked her look and vibe, too.

What was the name of the really happy guy with the hilariously bad dancing? He entertained the heck outta me :lol:

Entertaining for sure :up:

I agree with the above posts (not you Carlos :tongue: )

I can't wait to see bikini girl show up & fall flat on her ass in Hollywood week :corn:

I didn't even notice but I don't mind them in general. It depends on the person and what else they've got going for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom