American Idol - Season 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting... so were Danny & Kris separated by the million votes? :hmm: What was Danny & Kris' reactions?

Yes, Ryan said the person going home was separated from the person in 2nd place by a million votes. He didn't say whether Kris or Adam got the most, though. Kris looked shocked. Adam looked thrilled. They announced Kris as safe first as to keep the Danny/Adam plot suspenseful to the last possible second. Danny didn't seem all that surprised, maybe a little disappointed which is understandable. He handled it well, though.

I ain't gonna lie - the studio version is much better than that version from last night. I was pleasantly surprised. There's a good two minutes of subtleness before the ruckus starts, and the ruckus is more controlled than it was live.

I ain't gonna lie - the studio version is much better than that version from last night. I was pleasantly surprised. There's a good two minutes of subtleness before the ruckus starts, and the ruckus is more controlled than it was live.

Word. As Bono says, "One" is a 'slow burner'. While the patented Adam scream (as pitch perfect and brilliant as it is), may not be right for it, it does need the long build-up to the bridge part, which should be sung with more force than the first part of the song. While Adam probably could have kept it more restrained I do feel it was more the time constraint that cut out half the song that made it more awkward than Adam's actual singing of it.

Amazingly Beautiful...this is what we should have heard last night! :applaud:

If they cut out the filler, when they got down to only 3 contestants they probably could sing the whole song. Michael Slezak from Entertainment Weekly said this,
on a night where if Kara's combined critiques had been tossed in the dumpster, Adam, Kris, and Danny would've almost had time to respectively perform ''Paradise by the Dashboard Light,'' ''Alice's Restaurant,'' and ''American Pie'' in their entirety.
in his recap last night. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom