American Idol - Season 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I missed it but I heard on the radio that Ryan Seacrest tried to high 5 the blind guy? :rolleyes: What a douche.

He could have just forgotten the guy was blind for a second. At least he didn't perv over Bikini Girl like Simon and Randy. If a dude in his 40s like those 2 is getting all hot and bothered over a girl my age or younger, they're pretty sick.:down:

Yeah, I didn't think it was a big deal. Shaking someone's hand or giving them a high five becomes routine (especially if you're a TV host), and forgetting for a moment that they can't see you doesn't make you a douche.

Sticking your hand out and then saying, "What, are you blind or something?", however, would. ;)

Ron kept reminding me it was on when I was watching Forensic Files, so I turned it for him.
See, I can be sweet. :cute:

I can understand RC wanting to connect with the blind man, it was out of habit and he was in the moment.
I think he is a douche either way, but I wouldn't hold it against him.

Bikini Chick did what it took.
Kudos to her for using all that she had to get into the finals.
And what I mean is, that her body may be just about all she has.
She had a nice shape, but fug face.
Talent was half decent...I might have put her through.
I liked her determination.
:up:

But I guess for some guys, it's all about the body and not the talent.
Simon and Randy drooling over her really was a bit much. :tsk:
Lets see how she does.

:lol:There were some hilarious people tonight. Only 4 people really stood out to me, one was the girl that sang "Cry Baby" by Janis Joplin, Danny Gohke, the guy that just lost his wife:sad:, his best friend that auditioned before him, and Lil Rounds, the last one who lost her home in the tornado.

ETA: Tonight renewed my deep and abiding love for Jason Castro.:heart: I would love to be his future wife and have his dreadlocked, hippie babies.

Danny Gohke, the guy that just lost his wife:sad:

He was my favorite tonight. I really liked him and his "crazy vocals" as Randy so eloquently put it. And, yeah, there was some funny stuff for sure. I don't know why but I couldn't stop laughing at that girl who kept saying "God's gonna get you"

:lol:There were some hilarious people tonight. Only 4 people really stood out to me, one was the girl that sang "Cry Baby" by Janis Joplin, Danny Gohke, the guy that just lost his wife:sad:, his best friend that auditioned before him, and Lil Rounds, the last one who lost her home in the tornado.

ETA: Tonight renewed my deep and abiding love for Jason Castro.:heart: I would love to be his future wife and have his dreadlocked, hippie babies.

Franco and Castro babies.
Greedy girl!

:wink:

Some good contestants this evening. I liked the guy who lost his wife too. What a sad story :sad: And the other dad (the welder). I can't remember them all. I should take notes like GoLightlyGrl usta. Where is she anyways? :waiting: :wink:

Same here.

I didn't think much of the "jazzy" guy in the dumb hat who sang "Over the Rainbow." He definitely has a very nice voice, but he sang so farking loudly and over-the-top in parts, I was stunned when the judges didn't mention it (especially since they called out someone else later for being loud and over-the-top). He was so shouty, I had to turn down the volume.

I think my favorite from last night was the Janis Joplin singing girl. She seems very down-to-earth with a big voice. Reminds me of Kelly.

I didn't think much of the "jazzy" guy in the dumb hat who sang "Over the Rainbow." He definitely has a very nice voice, but he sang so farking loudly and over-the-top in parts, I was stunned when the judges didn't mention it (especially since they called out someone else later for being loud and over-the-top). He was so shouty, I had to turn down the volume.

I think my favorite from last night was the Janis Joplin singing girl. She seems very down-to-earth with a big voice. Reminds me of Kelly.

Agree totally about jazzy hat guy. I couldn't believe the judges went for it. He hurt my ears. Also agree about Janis girl. I liked her confidence and terrific voice. I think she could go far.

I don't see why not. Probably the raciest thing on it is the back-and-forth joking between Seacrest and Cowell about how they're both gay and deeply closeted (oh har-freaking-HAR, boys). I would think that would go over her head.

Well, the reason I ask is because my daughter was telling me that her classmates (girls), all watch this show. She does not.
I do not allow her to watch it, because I believe that if I let her do this, I would be allowing her to see people be made fun of. I dunno. I just don't want her to think that this is right at her age.
:hmm:

That's a good reason for not letting her watch it, to be honest. They have toned down the mocking portion of the auditions so far this season, which is wonderfully refreshing.

They still have a good share of the bad singers, but so far they haven't paraded out anyone that's made me want to turn the channel (i.e., someone who seems to be just on this side of mentally ill).

After the auditions are over and they're down to the top 12, most of the "making fun of" is done. Simon still makes mean comments when someone stinks, but it's a lot different once the auditions are over.

Yeah, the fact that some of these extreme exmaples of people auditioning are borderline mentally ill, is just down right wrong.
I'll be honest, I laughed....and after this was brought to my attention, I would go :doh:...where are the parents or family members?

Wow, Carlos, what a thoughtful and loving father you are for you to want to protect your daughter from this kind of shame.

Unfortunately, she will have to learn sometime that there really are people like this in the world, and even worse. :yes:
You can't protect them forever, but I guess you can try.

:up:

I applaud you, Carlos :)

But like the others have said, they've definitely toned it down this year. If you're still not sure, let her start watching at the Top 36 episodes. The performances are all usually pretty good at that point, and even if they aren't, the critique isn't horrible.

Me, too. Those were the only two I even liked tonight. I wished they'd shown a few of the gals they sent through - all we saw of them was "you're going to Hollywood!"

Did they need to spend so much time on that obnoxious Puerto Rican girl? She was ridiculous, although she was better than I was expecting her to be. I thought she was going to be one of those singers with the Big Buildup ...... Now We Laugh At You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom