American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a little considerate to not post the winner until everyone has finished watching.... still 45 minutes here.

Well, now, Sicy, you know you shouldn't have come in here if you didn't want to know! Silly woman. I agree with you but people especially LemonMelon can't be trusted. :wink: I'm in mountain time and did not even turn on my computer until it was over because i really didn't want it spoiled for me.

It's a little considerate to not post the winner until everyone has finished watching.... still 45 minutes here.

Well, now, Sicy, you know you shouldn't have come in here if you didn't want to know! Silly woman. I agree with you but people especially LemonMelon can't be trusted. :wink: I'm in mountain time and did not even turn on my computer until it was over because i really didn't want it spoiled for me.

Those are really good points. I always thought that this forum should have a specific spoiler policy as to when it's okay to post about shows we've watched. I'm never sure if it's okay or not.

TWOP, probably the biggest television forum out there, has a policy of allowing posts after the show has aired in the Eastern time zone, and people west of there know to stay out of the forums of a particular show until the show has aired in their time zone if they don't want to be spoiled.

Plus, I sorta just wanted to use the multi quote feature. :wink:

I know, I go back and forth with this issue. On one hand while its considerate to wait, the watchers of these shows should not check the threads until its over for them. So its really a toss up.

Thoughts:

- Jordin and Carrie? Fire your stylists. Stat. (Carrie's performance freaking rocked, though. When did she get so cool? She was like a robot during her season.)

- Was Jason shaking with nerves or emotion during "Hallelujah"? I got genuinely nervous for him during that performance.

- Archie really should have sung "Apologize" on the show. He might have won it.

- 97.5 million votes? Holy shitballs.

- I made a joke a few days ago that the coronation song would probably be about rainbows. I DIDN'T MEAN IT. And then, lo and behold, 10 seconds into it, I hear the words "magic rainbow." Not just a rainbow. Nope. A magic rainbow. Jesus H. Christ.

- David Hernandez getting the "naked" line in the George Michael medley was classic.

- Cook!!!! AWESOME. My favorite hasn't been the winner since Kelly won this thing. About damn time. And I have never seen Simon look so happy when the winner was announced. I loved that.

You would miss my smartass remarks for that hour or so.

That would be tragic.

Now would be a good time for me to use the multi-quote feature if I knew how because I need to quote about the magic rainbow and insert a funny smilie.

I know, I go back and forth with this issue. On one hand while its considerate to wait, the watchers of these shows should not check the threads until its over for them. So its really a toss up.

: sigh : I'm with you. I never thought I'd get spoiled in EYKIW. :grumpy:

Anyway.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I can't believe he actually won! That's so awesome! I'm feeling a little giddy about it. So giddy, in fact, that I think I even might actually like the winning song. (Okay, maybe not, but at least it was David C singing it.)

Some thoughts:

1. Oh, Fox. Using two hours of prime zillion-person Nielsen ratings to shill your latest shit.

2. Gladys Knight and the "Pips"? Awesome.

3. Robert Downey Jr., please do me now.

4. I normally don't notice this type of thing, but MAN, Seacrest was wearing a lot of makeup tonight. Cook, too, at least at the end.

5. ZZ Top? Bryan Adams? Way to be hip and current, Idol.

6. George Michael? Way to ruin your own song, dude. What's up with the hand flinging? Are you Mariah Carey now?

7. I hope Archie's dad doesn't punish him too hard for daring to lose.

8. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

6. George Michael? Way to ruin your own song, dude. What's up with the hand flinging? Are you Mariah Carey now?
!

Nooo! Now don't be dissing George, corigirl! I found the performance oddly moving. I was a wreck. I mean, he looked kinda weird, and he seemed kinda weird, but I got all choked up. That song. That song. The hand fling was weird but at the same time, he seemed real. He's a complicated person. And now I need to hear all George Michael hits.

3. Robert Downey Jr., please do me now.

Hee. Get in line, sister. Love him.

And I forgot to mention the Guitar Hero commercials! Cook's was hilarious. Archuleta's? Kinda creepy.

George Michael was really great, BTW. Never been a fan of his outside of a couple of songs, but he's such a great singer, and an inspiration to many Idol-hopefuls.

To celebrate Cook's epic victory, I'm visiting Axium's myspace. Not my thing, but his voice saves like every song.

I missed the whole Robert Downey Jr thing because my cable and recording was suddenly fucking up and I panicked, and was fiddling with the damn thing, changing the batteries in the remote, and...crap. :grumpy:

Wow, so I'm the lone dissenter on George? I think he's a fantastic singer, and that's one of my all-time favorite songs, but I thought it was kind of a mess. The performance, his voice ... it all seemed off to me.

Did he murmur something to Seacrest about having a cold afterwards, though? I missed what he said. If that's the case, that explains a lot.

Nooo! Now don't be dissing George, corigirl! I found the performance oddly moving. I was a wreck. I mean, he looked kinda weird, and he seemed kinda weird, but I got all choked up. That song. That song. The hand fling was weird but at the same time, he seemed real. He's a complicated person. And now I need to hear all George Michael hits.

joyful, have i told you that i love you?

:wink:

You people are all on the crack, I swear.

I'll have to go watch it on YouTube or find an MP3 or something and see if I'm the one smoking the bad crack.

I forgot to add:

Is it just me, or did Amanda Overmyer look really, really unhappy to be there? She looked like she couldn't even muster any ounce of fake excitement during the songs. I bet that Idol tour is going to be an eternity for her.

(And wow, I'd forgotten how bad she was. How the heck did she even make it as far as she did?)

I didn't care much for GM's performance either. Love that song, but Carrie killed it during Idol Gives Back. And yes, he said he had a cold.

Also, I want a full-length version of David Cook singing "Freedom."

Cori - GM did mention having a cold & I think he hoped it would be gone by the time the tour started in San Diego.

Now about the show!!! :yippie: :yippie: :yippie: :yippie: :yippie:
I read spoilers up until George Michael making an appearance, and stayed off the computer til just now.

I'm so happy for David Cook - I got all emotional & cry-ey for him as well. I even set the TiVo to go 5 minutes over, just in case. Of course, Seacrest doesn't announce the winner til 9:59, so you know we're going over. The show goes over about 6? minutes. Oh well, I got 99% of it recorded.

I don't know George Michael's songs (maybe a couple of hits, like the ones in the group sing), but it kind of bored me. But that's just me.

Loved the Pips :lol:
Loved the Guitar Hero commercial for DC :combust:
Liked Carly & Michael performing together. They did well again (they performed together on Ellen in Chicago). Trying to remember it all!

Last edited:
Wow, so I'm the lone dissenter on George? I think he's a fantastic singer, and that's one of my all-time favorite songs, but I thought it was kind of a mess. The performance, his voice ... it all seemed off to me.

Did he murmur something to Seacrest about having a cold afterwards, though? I missed what he said. If that's the case, that explains a lot.

I'm not saying it wasn't a mess. That's the weird thing. I mean, it was definitely strange. But I was moved. I was kinda shocked at first and then I was just...I don't know. I can't even explain it. It was as if he finally had the maturity and life experience and personal pain to make his words real, even if his voice and the performance wasn't as strong as he used to be. He seemed vulnerable and it made the song...real. I keep coming back to that word.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, lol.

:yippie: :yippie: :yippie: :yippie:

I'm so happy for David Cook! He deserved to win, and he's so talented. What a great finale! :love: :love:

I think my favorite part of the night (or one of them, at least) was their trip to Pitka, the love guru :wink: Hilarious!

Other fav moments:
-David Cook's Guitar Hero commercial LOL!!! I agree with Allanah, Cook's was funny, Archuleta's was just a little......scary :yikes:
-Michael and Carly singing 'Letter' :drool: I forgot how much I'd missed Michael!!!
-The 'Pips' :lol: Those three are just hil-arious.

Back
Top Bottom