American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I voted a few times for Carly tonight to see if I can help her stay. I am tired of Brooke and Kristy so I want them to go but I predict this would be the bottom three. Although DialIdol has Syesha and Brooke in the bottom two and Kristy safe... :mad:

I am sure Archuleta always wins the voting (at least according to Dialidol.com) because the teenagers have the most faithful voting. And I agree that he can sing, but most of his songs are replicas of the original and he has zero creativity... he can line up for the new Backstreet Boys.

Last edited:
GirlsAloudFan said:
Here's something I've been meaning to ask...

Out of all you faithful Idol viewers out there, and especially the ones that post in this thread, do you guys actually bust out the phone at the end of the show and vote for your favorite?

I sure as heck do.

I'm just curious how many of you actually dial up the ol' 1866-IDOLS numbers every week. My parents are huge Idol fans and when I call them to see if they'd watched the show and who they voted for they always say that they forgot to vote! Anyways....

I would, but I don't have a landline, and I don't have AT&T as my cell phone company. If I happen to be watching at a friends' who has a landline, I'll vote.

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:

:wink:

What I'm trying to say is he did not sound original to me.

Who does sound original on Idol? Cook should be singing for Disturbed, Brooke is a bad Carly Simon rip-off, Syesha does that horrific Whitney Houston impression week in and week out, and Archuleta is Josh Groban without the strength.

Out of all you faithful Idol viewers out there, and especially the ones that post in this thread, do you guys actually bust out the phone at the end of the show and vote for your favorite?
Not every year, but I'll throw votes if I have a favorite.

I would, but I don't have a landline, and I don't have AT&T as my cell phone company.
You don't have to have AT&T as your cellphone provider. You can vote with any old cellphone service. :wink:

I'm so worried that Brooke is going home tomorrow. I just have a bad feeling about it. If she leaves tomorrow, I'm gonna be very angry.

:angry: x 1,000,000

Oh, well. Hopefully I won't be so pessimistic in the morning. I'm gonna go to bed and watch reruns of Frasier.

joyfulgirl said:
I'm here to say that apparently I live under a rock because I didn't know any of the songs tonight except for Without You which I know, of course, as a Badfinger song. I guess I don't know any songs by Mariah Carey. I guess I also don't give a shit but it's still kinda weird. :shifty:

Anyway, I liked all the guys. David Cook was great, I don't care what you David Cook haters say. I also kind of finally got why the judges like David A so much. Not my thing at all but he does sing effortlessly, and never hits a sour note.

The women are so boring and unmemorable. Any of them can go. In fact, they should knock off the bottom three all at once just for fun.

I live under that same rock. Howdy neighbor :hi5:
I completely agree with your post! Archuleta has a good voice, but I just don't see him as a great performer, at least not yet. I really liked David Cook tonight. I had taped the show, and watched his performance twice. I was moved in how he choked back the tears, :hug: with his brother behind the judges (sitting next to Teri Hatcher & her daughter). I'm sure it meant a lot to him to have him there.

Funny how no one pointed out that Carly's song was not originally a Mariah Carey song in the first place. Not that I ever heard Mariah sing it (nor care). :shrug:

Last edited:
I still love David A, I can't help it. Love his voice and he's adorable, but I agree that he is not a performer yet. David Cook is, and that's why he stands out. But is he looking like a one note Daughtry? I think he's a better singer than Daughtry by far, but I would love to see him branch out and do something different. And personally I think there's something sexy about him, like something mysterious and unknowable :wink: That was very touching to see his brother there.

The women are rather forgettable. I still like Brooke but I think she might be gone (before Kristy), and even Carly, who stands out, is boring me.

I used to vote but I haven't at all this season.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Here's something I've been meaning to ask...

I've watched every season, but the only time I tried to vote was for Taylor Hicks to win the finale. I couldn't get through though.

As for last night...I still don't get David A. I'm sorry, but he is just so boring! I don't get the praise he receives! Yes, he has a wonderful voice, I'd never deny that...but he still does zero for me.

I didn't think Jason was that great last night, I agreed with Randy. :reject: I felt sorry for Brooke because I really don't think she did a good job, but I figured a Mariah song was going to be hard for her. I'm worried that she is going to go home.

Bonochick said:

As for last night...I still don't get David A. I'm sorry, but he is just so boring! I don't get the praise he receives! Yes, he has a wonderful voice, I'd never deny that...but he still does zero for me.

agreed....his innocent sheepish mug is growing thin on me...I would have to close my eyes to halfway enjoy lsitening to him...

I think these finalists are all talented as far as their voices go, but they are a boring bunch....someone needs to light a fire under them!

Oh...and I thought Mariah was so nice to all of them last night....I enjoy the small 3 seconds the mentors are shown with the singers more than anything on the show anymore:|

Yeah, i thought Mariah was really sweet to them too. She actually turned out to be a pretty good mentor. I'm gonna have to fast forward through her performance tonight though... :|
I love my Tivo! :heart:

American Idol-Top Seven Perform

Still trying to get over losing Michael Johns last week, Idol soldiers on another week. This week’s theme is the songs of Mariah Carey. In other words, it’s going to be a week of glory notes, melisima and caterwauling. Ms. Carey has had 18 number one hits, and I can’t name one of them. But my lack of Mariah Carey knowledge doesn’t matter. Looking like Olivia Newton-John in “Grease” (after the slutty makeover), Mimi gives our fearless contenders some advice on how to deliver her songs.

If David A is getting a tongue bath from the judges, then it must be Tuesday. David sings “Believe.” Technically, he sounds wonderful, but he is so soulless. He’s like this perfect little show pony who does what he’s told, but adds none of his own personality and character to his performances. But he’s sweet and inoffensive so I’m sure he’ll survive another week. But am I the only one disturbed to see a kid not even old enough to vote wearing leather pants?

Wow, I actually like what Carly is wearing this week. I guess she found a stylist who doesn’t hate her tattooed ass. Carly sings “Can’t Live (If Living is Without You.”) Well, I can live without Carly. I usually like her voice, but her desperation just jumps off the screen and slaps me in the face. Plus, I thought she sounded way too screechy in this performance, but that is to be expected when you’re singing the Mariah Carey songbook. Hey, look! It’s her husband Darth Maul!

Syesha is up next and she sings “Vanishing.” Oh, Syesha. Don’t give me any ideas. Actually, Syesha is probably born to sing Mariah songs considering she lives for delivering glory notes. Surprisingly, I wasn’t too offended by Syesha this week. I thought she sounded pretty good. She does have decent pipes. I just wish she’d tone down the beauty queen pageant vibes. And I think singing a not very well known Mariah song may work for her or against her. Not many people have heard the original and may vote for Syesha on her own merits. Or people may zone out because they’re not familiar with the song at all. Plus, going third might make Syesha forgettable.

Brooke is still kind of bummed over missing her sister’s wedding. Yea, Brooke, but you were spared from wearing an ugly bridesmaid dress with a big bow on the butt. Brooke sings “Hero” and gives it a spare and elegant Carole King vibe I like. I’m not the biggest fan of this song. It’s too high school graduation song. My idea of a high school graduation song is the Ramones’ “Rock and Roll High School.” But I digress. Though Brooke sounds a bit rushed during the bridge, I do like her performance. Simon says that it’s like her ordered a hamburger but all he got was the bun. Well, some of us like carbs!

I’m not aware of Mariah ever covering “Amazing Grace” or “God Bless the USA” so Kristy Lee ends up singing “Forever.” I feel like Kristy Lee has been on this show forever, and it’s getting tired. She has a very weak register but seems to get going once she hits the chorus. I’m not thrilled by Kristy Lee’s, but I’m not exactly offended either. It takes Paula 835 words to critique Kristy Lee. No wonder this show goes over time.

Hey look, it’s Ramiele, and Ryan looking like a complete dork in a hat!!!

This has been a very bittersweet week for David C. His brother Adam has terminal cancer and was flown to LA via medi-vac to see his baby brother perform. David C is a true pro and sings “Always Be My Baby.” It sounds a bit rough at the beginning, and I wonder if David will pull through. But then he really gets going, and gives a very memorable performance. David makes this poppy hit into a chilling stalker vibe, and I can actually imagine this as a cover on a future David album. And I’m sure I’m not the only one who got teary-eyed over seeing David’s brother in the audience.

Jason gets the pimp spot and sings “I Don’t Wanna Cry.” Jason makes this song sound completely fresh and new, but he seems awkward without his guitar (or ukulele). Still, I like his performance. I was a bit worried how he’d handle Mariah week, but my fears were unfounded. Jason held his own. Plus, going last will keep him in the audience’s memory. I’m hoping he survives another week.

In the end, Mariah week didn’t turn out to be a disaster of epic proportions that I thought it would be. Ironically, I thought our more laid back contestants, Brooke and Jason, might be out of their element but I really like their performances. I was confused on what song David C could sing but once again, he really surprised me. Despite finding him boring, I don’t think David A is going anywhere or else head will probably roll. Syesha was in her element, but she might get forgotten in the shuffle. Kristy Lee is like a cockroach. We can’t get rid of her. I think Carly might be leaving us.

I actually liked the performances overall. I hated Jason of course, but I always hate Jason so take my hatred with several pounds of salt :wink: Pretty impressed with Cook, Archie was boring as ever (love the show pony and Archu-D2 nicks). I even liked Kristy Lee a little. I think Brooke and Carly are in the bottom 3 along with one other girl.

Syesha and the glory notes...I like Syesha, a lot. I really do. I think she's getting a raw deal from the judges, the voters, and this thread...but for the love of God please stop with the gratuitous glory notes. It's really gotten to the Blake-Lewis-beatboxing level of overkill, and if she does go that will be the reason. My wife was giving me crap saying "if she can do it why not?" and I was trying to tell her that it's very likely turning people off.

party0049.gif
party0049.gif
party0049.gif
party0049.gif
party0049.gif

Back
Top Bottom