American Idol-Season 7 Part 2 - Page 56 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2008, 01:14 AM   #826
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Local Time: 09:26 AM
It was such a GREAT show!! I'm still wiping my tears.. Im SO HAPPY FOR COOK!! and I have NO DOUBT that Archuleta will make it big!!!...VERY TALENTED DAVIDS

Old 05-22-2008, 01:14 AM   #827
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post

6. George Michael? Way to ruin your own song, dude. What's up with the hand flinging? Are you Mariah Carey now?
!
Nooo! Now don't be dissing George, corigirl! I found the performance oddly moving. I was a wreck. I mean, he looked kinda weird, and he seemed kinda weird, but I got all choked up. That song. That song. The hand fling was weird but at the same time, he seemed real. He's a complicated person. And now I need to hear all George Michael hits.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:14 AM   #828
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:26 PM
Quote:
3. Robert Downey Jr., please do me now.
Hee. Get in line, sister. Love him.

And I forgot to mention the Guitar Hero commercials! Cook's was hilarious. Archuleta's? Kinda creepy.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:15 AM   #829
The Male

George Michael was really great, BTW. Never been a fan of his outside of a couple of songs, but he's such a great singer, and an inspiration to many Idol-hopefuls.

To celebrate Cook's epic victory, I'm visiting Axium's myspace. Not my thing, but his voice saves like every song.

Now.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:17 AM   #830
Blue Crack Addict

I missed the whole Robert Downey Jr thing because my cable and recording was suddenly fucking up and I panicked, and was fiddling with the damn thing, changing the batteries in the remote, and...crap.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:18 AM   #831
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
I missed the whole Robert Downey Jr thing because my cable and recording was suddenly fucking up and I panicked, and was fiddling with the damn thing, changing the batteries in the remote, and...crap.
It was hilarious. Will post a youtube link when I can find one.

EDIT: here's one:
Old 05-22-2008, 01:21 AM   #832
Blue Crack Distributor

Wow, so I'm the lone dissenter on George? I think he's a fantastic singer, and that's one of my all-time favorite songs, but I thought it was kind of a mess. The performance, his voice ... it all seemed off to me.

Did he murmur something to Seacrest about having a cold afterwards, though? I missed what he said. If that's the case, that explains a lot.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:23 AM   #833
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
Nooo! Now don't be dissing George, corigirl! I found the performance oddly moving. I was a wreck. I mean, he looked kinda weird, and he seemed kinda weird, but I got all choked up. That song. That song. The hand fling was weird but at the same time, he seemed real. He's a complicated person. And now I need to hear all George Michael hits.
joyful, have i told you that i love you?

Old 05-22-2008, 01:24 AM   #834
Blue Crack Distributor

You people are all on the crack, I swear.

I'll have to go watch it on YouTube or find an MP3 or something and see if I'm the one smoking the bad crack.

I forgot to add:

Is it just me, or did Amanda Overmyer look really, really unhappy to be there? She looked like she couldn't even muster any ounce of fake excitement during the songs. I bet that Idol tour is going to be an eternity for her.

(And wow, I'd forgotten how bad she was. How the heck did she even make it as far as she did?)
Old 05-22-2008, 01:30 AM   #835
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
It was hilarious. Will post a youtube link when I can find one.

EDIT: here's one:

OMG, Downey Jr is brilliant

I have to have him.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:30 AM   #836
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:26 PM
I didn't care much for GM's performance either. Love that song, but Carrie killed it during Idol Gives Back. And yes, he said he had a cold.

Also, I want a full-length version of David Cook singing "Freedom."
Old 05-22-2008, 01:34 AM   #837
Blue Crack Distributor

Cori - GM did mention having a cold & I think he hoped it would be gone by the time the tour started in San Diego.

Now about the show!!!
I read spoilers up until George Michael making an appearance, and stayed off the computer til just now.

I'm so happy for David Cook - I got all emotional & cry-ey for him as well. I even set the TiVo to go 5 minutes over, just in case. Of course, Seacrest doesn't announce the winner til 9:59, so you know we're going over. The show goes over about 6 minutes. Oh well, I got 99% of it recorded.

I don't know George Michael's songs (maybe a couple of hits, like the ones in the group sing), but it kind of bored me. But that's just me.

Loved the Pips
Loved the Guitar Hero commercial for DC
Liked Carly & Michael performing together. They did well again (they performed together on Ellen in Chicago). Trying to remember it all!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:36 AM   #838
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Wow, so I'm the lone dissenter on George? I think he's a fantastic singer, and that's one of my all-time favorite songs, but I thought it was kind of a mess. The performance, his voice ... it all seemed off to me.

Did he murmur something to Seacrest about having a cold afterwards, though? I missed what he said. If that's the case, that explains a lot.
I'm not saying it wasn't a mess. That's the weird thing. I mean, it was definitely strange. But I was moved. I was kinda shocked at first and then I was just...I don't know. I can't even explain it. It was as if he finally had the maturity and life experience and personal pain to make his words real, even if his voice and the performance wasn't as strong as he used to be. He seemed vulnerable and it made the song...real. I keep coming back to that word.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, lol.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:36 AM   #839
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm so happy for David Cook! He deserved to win, and he's so talented. What a great finale!

I think my favorite part of the night (or one of them, at least) was their trip to Pitka, the love guru Hilarious!

Other fav moments:
-David Cook's Guitar Hero commercial LOL!!! I agree with Allanah, Cook's was funny, Archuleta's was just a little......scary
-Michael and Carly singing 'Letter' I forgot how much I'd missed Michael!!!
-The 'Pips' Those three are just hil-arious.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:38 AM   #840
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
joyful, have i told you that i love you?

Tags
american idol