American Idol-Season 7 Part 2 - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #61
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

But Terri Hatcher, please never sing again.
Amen Sister! wow that was embarassing!

the Annie Lennox segment got me all teary-eyed

Old 04-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #62
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:47 PM
Robin Williams!

Old 04-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:47 AM
I have to admit it - Robin Williams just had me laughing my ass off.

I was like this the entire time he was on stage.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #64
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:47 AM
I know this is way late, but who the hell invited Dane Cook to this thing? Ugh.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

I thought it was pretty good overall. I just gotta say, I Bono. I don't care what anyone says. He is who he is, and he wears his heart on his sleeve. Performance-wise Annie Lennox was amazing I loved the Idols' performances of "Seasons of Love" and "Shout to the Lord". I've been a big fan of both of those songs for years. Robin Williams is frickin' hilarious. "Simon, I love you in a Brokeback way!"
Old 04-10-2008, 07:30 AM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:47 AM
I only saw parts of it because I was trying to watch something else at the same time

But I think I'd still rather see and hear Teri Hatcher singing than Fergie. At the very least it's a dead heat, and I'd rather look at Teri

I liked Jimmy Kimmel making fun of Simon
Old 04-10-2008, 09:13 AM   #67
Refugee

Local Time: 01:47 PM
American Idol-Idol Gives Back

I’ve decided not to write a full recap of “Idol Gives Back.” I’m on a lethal cocktail of ibuprofen and Riesling (or as Paula calls it, “Lunch”) so I just want to sit back, relax and watch the show. However, I will make a few comments about the highlights and lowlights.

The crew from “So You Think You Can Dance?” join the Idol contestants in the opening number, and totally blow them out of the water. I was totally thrilled by their dance moves, and the Idol-ettes just got lost in the shuffle. But what was Brooke wearing? A girl’s gym suit from 1959? And Ryan? Don’t ever dance again!

During the evening, countless celebrities will plead for us to give to Idol Gives Back. Many we are already familiar with, but who is Mary Murphy and why is she screaming at me?

The cost of Snoop Dogg’s bling could feed an entire African village for a year or pay for several kids to go to a State U.

Listening to Terry Hatcher sing is less painful than seeing her kiss Ryan Seacrest.

Billy Crystal and Miley Cyrus meet. Well, that’s a sentence I never thought I’d write. But was it really necessary for Miley to end up singing two songs? Especially when she can’t actually sing?

The Idol contestants are really earning their keep. They’re answering the phones. I should have called, and hopefully I could have gotten Ryan to say, “Golightly Grrl writes the best American Idol recaps ever!” What? Too self-serving?

I got to admit I really enjoyed Fergie joining forces with Heart on the blistering hot “Barracuda.” Wow, two one-handed cartwheels, Fergie? Color me impressed!

I think I can sum up Jimmy Kimmel’s roast of Simon in a few short words. Nipples, pepper mills, Olsen twins.

I totally loved the contestants singing “Seasons of Love” from “Rent.” Jason actually looks like he could be in “Rent.” David A looks like he could be in the Disney version of “Rent.”

We’re introduced to the recently crowned “Russian Idol” who turns out to be a very unfunny Robin Williams, complete with ugly shirt.

Throughout the evening, we learn about the good causes Idol is trying to help and the issues people in the United States and Africa are facing. I’m thrilled to see plenty of Bono. But one question, Bono. When is the next U2 album coming out? It’s been nearly four years. I can’t wait any longer.

Towards the end of the evening, Mariah Carey sings “Fly Like a Bird.” So nice for you to dress up, Mimi.

The Idol Contestants, dressed in white and accompanied by the Robed Choir of Absolute Sincerity, sing “Shout to the Lord.” Thursday night, the booted Idol will be shouting something else.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:47 AM
Who do you guys think is gettin' the boot tonight?

I think it'll be Syesha. She's a beautiful young girl and she has a big voice but I think it's her time.

She'll probably have a career as an actress or a correspondent on TV guide channel or somethin' so I won't feel too bad if she's gone.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I kind of think it'll be Syesha too, unfortunately. I'm a bit nervous for Carly though.

I'd love to see a guy eliminated though...
Old 04-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #70
The Male

Local Time: 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan

I'd love to see a guy eliminated though...
Why? The women are clearly inferior this year. The only one I really like at this point is Carly.

Now.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life

I would be fine with Syesha leaving tonight, but I think we all know I want Kristy gone.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #72
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:47 AM
I TiVo'd the show, so never saw Mariah Carey. It cut off at 10:01, so I'm guessing the show ran late. Oh well. Thought it was pretty boring. I was able to fast forward thru a lot of it. I'm conflicted in watching the celebrities going to visit the different villages/cities/countries. I'm hoping it's more than a photo op for them and they are sincere in their desire to help. We all know of Bono's sincerity & it came thru for Annie Lennox too. I don't know... I try to give when I can, not cuz these celebs tell me to do so.

And I'm also confused about the Idols answering the phones & taking pledges. The show was filmed on Sunday 4/6, so who could have been calling?
Old 04-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

The part at the Kodak theatre was taped Sunday. The part at the regular studio with the Idols in their RED/ONE/Africa gear, the "Seasons of Love" performance and the phone calls was all live last night.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #74
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:47 AM
so it was spliced together to look like one show?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Why? The women are clearly inferior this year. The only one I really like at this point is Carly.
Because I don't particularly like any of them except Michael (and Dovid C is alright). My guess though is Brooke, Carly & Syesha in the bottom 3 with Syesha out.

Tags
american idol