American Idol-Season 7 Part 2 - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #526
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
Luckily I'm not familiar with Hinder & Nickelback
I envy you.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #527
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
Luckily I'm not familiar with Hinder & Nickelback

same with me thank god...

Old 05-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #528
The Fly

Local Time: 05:58 AM
I am thinking that Jason's votes will go to David cook. Any adult I have talked too that liked Jason also liked Cook.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #529
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:58 PM
Jason = Dread Man Walking

(heard that on a TV recap site)
Old 05-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #530
Acrobat

Well, that was about right. "I shot the tambourine man." Hee. I'll miss your goofy self, Jason, even if you had no business making it that far.

And dear god, can poor Archie not string together a coherent sentence when Ryan asks him a question? It's not like Seacrest is asking you about global economic crisis or anything; he's lobbing softballs your way. His inability to interview is painful. Hasn't his scary stage dad coached him on this stuff?

I'm morbidly curious as to what songs the judges will saddle the contestants with next week.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #531
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:58 PM
I'm really scared to hear what monstrous craptacular song will be forced upon the winner as their crowning moment of song, and their first single.

Oy.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:06 AM   #532
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
On the Reality TV -American Idol extra-Jason admitted to wanting to go home and also admitted THAT HE CANNOT SING and DIDNT KNOW WHY HE MADE IT THAT FAR!!!...*HIS WORDS*...Im glad he realized it

His mother even admitted that Jason is a "drummer" in a band and just recently started singing ...OMG!!! I knew there was something about his mediocre singing !!!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:11 AM   #533
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:58 PM

Geez, that's just not fair to some others who were voted off before him (Michael). Too bad he couldn't be worse a few weeks ago. WTF?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:17 AM   #534
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:58 AM
Mr. Brown likes David Cook and I don't know who I like, I think maybe nobody
Old 05-09-2008, 02:06 AM   #535
The Male

If it comes down to Syesha vs. Archuleta, it'll be the worst final round in the history of the show.

Now.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #536
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Anybody catch Ryan's comment that the top 3 were all within a million votes? That surprised me. I've been going on the assumption that Archie is getting many more votes than everybody else and will walk away with this...now that I know it's close I might just flex my voting fingers in the final.

Glad to see Syesha still in...despite the constant criticism from the judges America has managed to keep a good singer in a singing contest. Wow.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #537
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:58 AM
When all those teenage girls were screaming after Archuletta's performance and the judges couldn't even begin commenting cos there was so much noise from the audience, I felt like throwing up!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #538
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 05-09-2008, 11:34 AM   #539
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoFox1
On the Reality TV -American Idol extra-Jason admitted to wanting to go home and also admitted THAT HE CANNOT SING and DIDNT KNOW WHY HE MADE IT THAT FAR!!!...*HIS WORDS*...Im glad he realized it
That makes me like him even more.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 05-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #540
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoFox1

His mother even admitted that Jason is a "drummer" in a band and just recently started singing ...OMG!!! I knew there was something about his mediocre singing !!!!!!

He also said there and in other interviews I saw that he would've loved making top 3 and continuing in the competition, but that he was really worried about doing 3 songs next week. He said he was exhausted and burned out from the schedule, which many other contestants have said as well. This is new to all of them, so it's a big adjustment. Jason said he was ready to go home in the sense that he felt like he couldn't handle all of the pressure it puts on them (I'm sure they're all feeling this way, they all looked exhausted on Tuesday and Wednesday). He clearly said he would've gladly stayed in the competition, but he was very worried about next week. He's relieved the pressure's off which is understandable. It doesn't mean he hated AI. He said it was the "time of his life" and he learned a lot about singing and performing. I don't recall him saying he can't sing, but he did say his voice is nowhere near the vocals of the others. If technically superior vocals are what the standard is, which they are on AI, this is true; especially compared to David A. and Syesha. I personally prefer voices that are raw, imperfect, and distinctive like Jason's. A large amount of the most successful singers have had numerous criticisms for their vocal ability (Elvis Presley,Bob Dylan, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Patti Smith, Bono, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.) These are all some of my favorite vocalists, but none of them have classically good voices. They're all imperfect, unique, and lacking in technical skill. To me, they communicate emotion and life to the soul, which means far more. Jason does the same. Now, he's not worthy to be included on a list with these people, but I was just making a point about vocal skill. As for not expecting to make it that far, I would hope all the contestants have that attitude. It's humility. Out of the thousands upon thousands who audition, it's a pretty big accomplishment to be among the last few standing. The competition can go anyway with the fickle voters as we've seen many times, so I can understand why Jason and other contestants have said they don't get what caused them to do so welll in the competition. Carrie Underwood said something similar to Jason in Glamour a few months back while talking about winning. That's far preferable to someone saying, "Fuck yeah, I knew I was gonna go far! I RAWK!"

Tags
american idol