American Idol-Season 7 Part 2 - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2008, 03:40 AM   #511
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:57 PM
I'm a little bit schlammered and I was going to post something really negative about D. Cook, but then I decided against it.

Syesha FTW.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #512
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:57 PM

Jason didn't seem upset at all about going home. I have a feeling he knows he stuck around a lot longer than he should have in this type of competition, so I think he just enjoyed it while it lasted and had fun with it. It did honestly seem like he was relieved and happy to be leaving.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 05-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #513
Blue Crack Addict

for once the audience got it right... and didn't pull a 'sanjaya' on us...
Old 05-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #514
ONE
love, blood, life

Jason is too good for AI. He's a real artist, raw, imperfect, and unique; not the frontman of a Hinder cover band like David C, a soulless pageant queen version of the already overrated Whitney Houston like Syesha , or the missing Jonas brother like David A.

Celebrating mediocrity: It's the American way!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #515
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Local Time: 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
Jason didn't seem upset at all about going home. I have a feeling he knows he stuck around a lot longer than he should have in this type of competition, so I think he just enjoyed it while it lasted and had fun with it. It did honestly seem like he was relieved and happy to be leaving.
I noticed that too!! seemed like he just wanted it to be over...I think it was Simon who commented that Jason might have been intentional to be real bad on Tuesday...

Anyhoo, Glad he is gone
Old 05-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #516
Refugee

Local Time: 12:57 AM
American Idol-Top Four Results

Did you listen to Ryan Tuesday night and vote? Well, apparently a lot of you did because over 51 million people voted and it’s a very close race. But sadly, someone has to leave us on results night. Who will it be?

But first there is some business to tend to. Ryan introduces the judges. According to Paula you can wear that ugly bridesmaid dress again. And Simon is surprised about the disastrous song choices the contestants made. To me, at this point of the game (seven seasons of AI) Simon should not be surprised about disastrous song choices. He should be comforted. It’s a crazy, messed-up world we live in but knowing some kid will pick a song so ghastly that it makes the baby Jesus cry makes me feel all warm inside.

Oh gee, it’s time for the group sing. The contestants sing “Reeling in the Years” and I’m trying to reel in the vomit. This is such a talented bunch but they have zilch chemistry together. By this time they should have bonded but it’s as if they just met and are still wary of each other. I keep thinking of Elvis week on AI two years ago. Taylor, Kat, Elliott and the DAUGHTRY! sang a medley of Elvis songs and looked like they were having a load of cheeseball fun. But this time out, I get nothing.

After the group sing, we get treated to an overview of the previous night’s performances. What a thrill...

Finally we get to the first of the results. Little David A is summoned to join Ryan. There is a place on the Sofa of Safety with his name on it. David A is safe.

But before we get to find out more results, we learn what kind of shenanigans the Idol-ettes get up to when they’re not on-stage. David C, David A, Jason and Syesha flew to Las Vegas on a luxury jet (oy, the carbon footprint) and got the star treatment. They met lots of their fans and some cute dolphins. Ooh, Syesha’s green dress is gorgeous! I want it! The contestants also got to see the Cirque du Soleil tribute to the Beatles, which to me looked rather creepy.

Okay, more results. David C is safe and gets to sit his cute booty on the Sofa of Safety. Syesha and Jason are left in the wings. But of course, we won’t find out which one is leaving us until later in the show.

The pimpmercial is to the Johnny Clash classic “Ring of Fire” and the contestants are dressed as bullfighters and are fighting a car. This is odd.

It’s my favorite time waster of the evening, the viewer calls. What did we learn, class? David C says “we’ll see” when asked if he’ll go on a date with Emily from Pittsburgh (I think that means no). But he has heard good feedback from Raine Maida from his favorite band Our Lady Peace. That’s pretty cool. Syesha is challenged by stage fright and she later tells us being the only girl in the top four in uncomfortable but at least the dudes are funny. David A is “duh.” And Jason says he’s challenged by his brain being dead. No kidding. Simon is wondering why he hasn’t been knighted and he needs to ask the Queen why this hasn’t happened. Ryan, why hasn’t Simon been knighted yet? Well, Simon may not be a knight but he thinks he’d make a great James Bond. Cowell, Simon Cowell. Nope, it doesn’t quite work. However, he often leaves the contestants shaken not stirred.

Maroon 5 is here to entertain us with their single “If I Never See You Again.” I kind of like Maroon 5’s pop-stylings and they’re good looking enough to be featured in Sassy’s (RIP) “Cute Band Alert.”

Speaking of cute, season 4’s runner-up Bo Bice is back and he’s singing his brand of Southern-fried rock with his song “Witness.” It’s great to see him singing music that really reflects who he is as an artist instead of the pallid dreck 19E forced on him for his first post-Idol CD. But he needs some deep oil conditioner for his hair, just sayin'.

Finally, finally, it’s time for the results. Well, it’s a good thing Jason packed his bags because he’s leaving us. Jason, you did give some notable performances. I adored your renditions of “Hallelujah” and “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.” They were lovely and heartfelt. But you lost something in the past few weeks. However, in retrospect, I realize that maybe your somewhat charming cluelessness didn’t make you a stoner; it makes you my cat.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #517
Blue Crack Distributor

I don't know why some of you (looks at GirlsAloudFan and U2isthebest) keep slamming David Cook. He's shown much more range than Daughtry ever did. I assume you bring up the Hinder thing because he's got the "rock" voice, like Daughtry did.

Is this still about the whole "he let people think it was his own arrangement" thing?
Old 05-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #518
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Thank God Jason went home
Old 05-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #519
Refugee

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I don't know why some of you (looks at GirlsAloudFan and U2isthebest) keep slamming David Cook. He's shown much more range than Daughtry ever did. I assume you bring up the Hinder thing because he's got the "rock" voice, like Daughtry did.

Is this still about the whole "he let people think it was his own arrangement" thing?
I agree with you about DC being way better than Daughtry. And the majority of the viewers agree that he is the best, which is why he will probably win. I think the two people you mentioned just have different taste. I mean, they were huge Brooke fans, afterall.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #520
Blue Crack Distributor

I know, I know, it's probably just a matter of taste. I'm just still surprised after all the former brouhaha died down, that they're still making little jabs at poor little Cookie.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #521
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I know, I know, it's probably just a matter of taste. I'm just still surprised after all the former brouhaha died down, that they're still making little jabs at poor little Cookie.
I just don't dig his sound. All his arrangements sound like they could be Hinder/Nickleback/Daughtry/Creed covers, and I loathe and despise them. His voice is in that vein lately too and it grates on me.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #522
Blue Crack Distributor

Entertainment Weekly

American Idol: Springsteen Ticket Auction to Help David Cook’s Brother

MYFOXNY.COM — Steven and Maureen Van Zandt donated two tickets to upcoming Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band shows at Giants Stadium. The tickets are up for auction on eBay.

Steven is a member of Bruce’s E Street Band and these seats are the Van Zandts’ personal guest seats. The winner of the auction will also be invited to attend Steven’s backstage pre-show reception.

All the proceeds from the auction will go toward a fund to fly Idol contestant David Cook’s brother, Adam Cook, from his home in Indiana to Los Angeles for the finale week performances on May 20 and 21. Adam, who is battling cancer, is only permitted by his doctors to fly on a special medical flight which costs nearly $80,000.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Salt Lake Tribue

‘Idol’: Archuleta to appear at pep rally

Murray High School junior David Archuleta will be coming home to a hero’s welcome Friday after surviving another elimination round on FOX’s “American Idol.”
Murray City officials are predicting more than 20,000 people will turn out for Archuleta’s appearance during a pep rally at his high school Friday afternoon. The school is opening its football stadium to the public to come see the fanfare.

That night, Archuleta is expected to perform the national anthem at the Utah Jazz’s NBA playoff game against the Los Angeles Lakers. The whole visit will be filmed by FOX for broadcast during next week’s “Idol.”

Kansas City.com

David Cook’s ‘American Idol’ homecoming plans include free concert, parade

“American Idol” contestant David Cook will perform a free show at the Power & Light District during a “homecoming” visit to Kansas City Friday.

He’ll start the day with an appearance Friday morning on the Fox 4 Morning Show.

The free Power & Light mini-concert is set for 11:30 a.m. He’ll then be in a “David Cook Homecoming Celebration Parade and Concert” in Blue Springs. The parade starts at 3:30. The following Blue Springs concert is sold out.

Bradenton.com

Idol contestant brings spotlight to Sarasota

Here is where you can see her perform on the Suncoast:

First up: downtown Bradenton at 10:30 on Barcarrota Boulevard. Next, her alma mater, Booker High School. Her performance for the students is closed to the public. Finally, she’ll head by helicopter to the Ca d’Zan mansion at the Ringling Estate for another concert, this one open to the public. It starts at 3pm.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #523
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest
I just don't dig his sound. All his arrangements sound like they could be Hinder/Nickleback/Daughtry/Creed covers, and I loathe and despise them. His voice is in that vein lately too and it grates on me.
Fair enough. I know it's kind of bitchy of me to keep harping on your dislike of Cook, and I'm sorry.

... and here I thought I wouldn't get all involved in this stupid show anymore.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #524
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Fair enough. I know it's kind of bitchy of me to keep harping on your dislike of Cook, and I'm sorry.

... and here I thought I wouldn't get all involved in this stupid show anymore.

No worries! I actually liked him in the beginning. I thought his version of "Happy Together" was really good, it had a Doors-like sound to me. "All Right Now" rocked. What he did with "Hello" was brilliant, but of course any changes would be an improvement on that song. "Eleanor Rigby" was good too, but he started losing me when he metaled-up "Day Tripper"
Old 05-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #525
Blue Crack Distributor

Luckily I'm not familiar with Hinder & Nickelback

Tags
american idol