American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shit. Okay, I tried to edit my previous post, but I waited too long. In any case, after watching the performances (without judges' comments) a second time, I have no idea how Cook couldn't win this. He really did sound incredible. That's one of those songs where... okay, the first time I *really* listened to it was when I bought The Joshua Tree when I was 17, and that song flat-out made me tear up when I cranked it in my car, because it's so gorgeous. If his version of "Still Haven't Found" is on iTunes, I'll totally buy it. My favorite performance of the night, by far. The guitarist did a really nice job on that one, too (I was worried that the Edge's sound would be lost, but I thought it was great). I'd probably pay for "The World I Know" as well.

Anyway, I actually have the Shitty Coronation Song that Cook sang stuck in my head, as opposed to Archie's, which I forgot the instant I heard it. Again, I'm baffled by the judging. The hell, dude?

In any case, this was a really excellent finale night. I enjoyed everything about the show (other than Simon's judging. Heh.) Bravo to all involved. I'm betting tomorrow is gonna rock.

Spoilers for Wednesday from mjsbigblog:

More For Wednesday:

•David Cook and Mariah Carey will duet on “Always Be my Baby”
•David Archuleta and Neil Diamond will duet on “America” (this is still a rumor)
•While many of the ex-Idols have been invited back for the finale, many in the Top 24 have not… (Danny Noriega for one)
•Seal will perform, according to the FOX report.
•Donna Summer and ZZ Top are performing according to this. Yay? :der:
•“Other rumors include a performance by the Jonas Brothers and perhaps a gift from his pop holiness, Kanye West. We’ll see…” From here.
•Jason Castro has a clue for one of the guest stars, he says that one was known as “codename Virgin Airlines”
•Uhm. The biggest star in the world is George Michael. WTF?

GirlsAloudFan said:
Thoughts going out to Luke....

And also thoughts going out to Lila and Maddy :hyper:....

Let me get this straight, are Lila and Maddy mother and daughter? And they are both veteran members of Interference?

If so, the question I pose is this...

Is that the sweetest, cutest, and coolest thing I've come across so far on Interference?

The answer is a resounding YES. :up:

Flirty.gif

Though Maddy hasn't really posted much in ages until this past Monday. hardy mainly appears in the Lemonade Stand :)

Last edited:
testing, 1 2 3, testing :shifty:

•Nigel Lythgoe says the kids will be singing 8 new songs tonight. The Top 5 have duets, except for Jason Castro who will be singing “Hallelujah” by himself. David Archuleta and David Cook will sing a duet–at first it was going to be “Homeward Bound” but they decided on “Hero” from Spiderman (Cookie suggested it). Nigel says “the most famous star in the world” may not be a musician. From an interview with Nigel and the Davids this morning on KISS.
•Tonight’s “Dead Elvis” virtual reality video features people who are very much alive, according to TMZ: “The finale will include a virtual hologram of Gladys Knight singing “Midnight Train to Georgia” with Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Downey Jr. singing backup as the Pips.” Jordin Sparks will also be performing.

Once again, David Archuleta had way too much praise heaped upon him. I just don't get it! He bores me! :banghead:

I also can't believe that they knocked David Cook's coronation song. Those things are usually horrible cheesefests...but he made it tolerable! Scratch that...he did more, he made it enjoyable. David Archuleta's was just your typical, predictable, hokey song...and they ate it up. Blugh.

Oh man, oh man, oh man - I'm actually excited to watch tonight, to see if there's a surprise upset in the making. I read somewhere today that the Idol producers are rumored to greatly prefer a Cook win. Archie comes with his own goals and visions, apparently. By that, I assume they mean his dad. They want someone who'll be an easier Idol to manage. Maybe they think they'll have that in Cook? Anyway. Who knows?

I was thinking about what I posted last night about liking Cook and finding Archie dull. The funny thing is, if I heard Cook on the radio, I probably wouldn't give him a second listen - he does have that gravely rocker voice that I usually find pretty boring.

But in the context of the show, I like him a lot. Who knows what kind of music he'll end up doing - I'll be bummed if it's Daughtry-type stuff, but if it's less "gruff," more ... hell, anything other than Daughtry-esque, I'll probably be pleased.

I guess when it comes to Idol, I often judge the singers in the context of the show. And Archie ... well, Archie just sounds like every other little crooning teen who's been on the show. Better than a lot of them, for sure. But just more of the same you expect from Idol.

^From what I've heard, David C's pre-Idol recordings were pretty good. He's a decent songwriter and is apparently less Nickleback-esque than he comes off. I think he'd want wayyyy more creative control over his album than Bobby Brady would.

Here's a link to a site where you can hear the songs from the indie album he released a few years ago. I actually dig some of the songs.:up: http://www.davidcooktheamericanidol.com/music/ "Analog Heart" is his solo album and the one I'm talking about here.

Last edited:
I have to say, he looks WORLDS better with that new haircut than he did with that combover-looking thing he had early on.

I've decided to make my inaugural post on the new Interference here in the A. Idol thread!!!

Excited for tonight...I remember the big two-hour finale show last year between Blake and Jordin was VERY fun and had some cool moments. I've said it before, but I really, really hope Carrie makes an appearance tonight. Anyway, go Archie! (Even though I'm expecting D. Cook to walk away with it)

Man, I'm going to have to avoid the net tonight, once it hits 9:00 on the east coast. For once this season, I'd hate to get accidentally spoiled. :uhoh:

Wow Cook was perfect for that Chad Kroger song Hero! If I hadn't been watching, I'd have thought it was Nickelback singing. :lol:

:hug: how's the show so far? my mom is telling me everything from the AI forum, but she's talking pretty quietly :grumpy:, so I don't know exactly what is going on :shrug: I'm so excited!!!!!!!!! We voted so many times....I don't know if my mom already said how many or not

Back
Top Bottom