American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2isthebest said:
Ruben was amazing. That is all. The man can SANG!

Amen!

Oh and because of Simon's big mouth, Archie might end up winning this. Not that it wouldn't have happened anyway with all those insane screaming girls. :censored: :crack:

But anyway, I don't think the judges should be even allowed to say shit like Round 2 belongs to you or.. that was a clear knockout etc. Could easily influence votes.

Last edited:
Cook had a very good night. The Collective Soul song (which I wasn't familiar with) was very good for him and he performed it very well. ISHFWILF was pitch-perfect. Knocked it out of the park. The original songs were (as far as I could hear, as I turned the volume down for them) terrible as always, so those don't count.

Archie was fucking boring as always. Same lazy, poor singing technique and the same crappy ballads he always does. Picking your best song and doing it worse than before? Not smart, kid. He has this thing in the bag, but that speaks more about the tastes of America than it does about his own talent. :down:

PS: Imagine barely sounded like Imagine. He did so many runs that he missed the original melody completely. And the judges COMPLETELY overrated him, as always.

But anyway, I don't think the judges should be even allowed to say shit like Round 2 belongs to you or.. that was a clear knockout etc. Could easily influence votes.

But, that is the point. :|

The reaction from the judges was annoyingly predictable. David A is a good singer but he sang the same song 3 times. I think David Cook deserves to win...but ya know. Not gonna happen unless tonight make alot of Daivd Cook's fans mad.

DaveC's line is busy. Always a good sign.

But prepubescent Josh Groban still has this in the bag.

Zootlesque said:

Dude! All 6 lines are gonna be busy as heck, don't you think? :huh:

:lol: Well, yeah. But this is arguably the worst I've ever seen it. I was actually able to get through several times in 10 minutes last year, but have only got through once so far.

Zootlesque said:
How many times can one vote? :shifty: I have already voted thru txt message. Can I call and vote as well? :hmm:

I think the Archie voters would know more about crowding the lines than I would, but yes, you can vote as often as you want in any way you wish.

I'm voting via a land line.

LemonMelon said:
I think the Archie voters would know more about crowding the lines than I would, but yes, you can vote as often as you want in any way you wish.

Holy shit! But that's hardly fair. :lol:

Zootlesque said:

Holy shit! But that's hardly fair. :lol:

Indeed. Hopefully the tween girls will be forced to bed early because of finals or whatever.

Oh, hell, they'll probably keep hitting redial in their sleep. :(

I'm attempting 15 votes tonight, and I've gotten through 10 times. Not so bad now. I seem to get through about 25-30% of the time.

EDIT: Make that 20. And now I'm done. :up: Hope those extra 5 I did count towards something.

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
I'm attempting 15 votes tonight, and I've gotten through 10 times. Not so bad now. I seem to get through about 25-30% of the time.

EDIT: Make that 20. And now I'm done. :up: Hope those extra 5 I did count towards something.

how did ya do it? I am using a land line and nada yet for the past 50min.

are u voting for cook? which number/s did you dial?

hitting redial constantly.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

how did ya do it? I am using a land line and nada yet for the past 50min.

are u voting for cook? which number/s did you dial?

hitting redial constantly.

Voting Cook with these numbers:

1-866-43657-01
1-866-43657-03
1-866-43657-05

Just kept hitting redial and hoping for the best. I used line 1.

Doesn't it cost money to text each time?

U2Fanatic4ever said:

don't ya have to be with att? or is just charges apply with another carrier?

have sprint..

Oh do you have to be with AT&T??? I have Verizon and I've been voting all along. Is it all a waste? :lol:

Just finished round 1 here in mountain time and I have to say, Clive Davis picked perfect songs for each of them. I guess that's why he's the man. I though DC did a great job, but holy shit, David A on Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me was absolutely fantastic.

Fast forwarding to round 2...

Btw, did Ryan say Bruce Springsteen has ties to Clive Davis? Was there really a time when Clive, His Highness of Overratedness, valued brilliant artistry and originality like The Boss over trite top 40 crap.:ohmy:

joyfulgirl said:
but holy shit, David A on Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me was absolutely fantastic.

Doesn't it slightly bother you that it's the exact same thing he does every week?

It was alright, but not a patch on Elton's.

LemonMelon said:

Doesn't it slightly bother you that it's the exact same thing he does every week?

It was alright, but not a patch on Elton's.

I thought it was the best thing he's done all season. It's the only thing he's done that I liked, really, and I'm just giving credit where I think credit is due. :shrug:

Of course Elton's is better. That's a given.

I'm a DC fan myself but I think it's clear Little Archie's got this thing wrapped up, and DC will be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom