American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, no I've never known anyone who's attended but good luck Lila and I hope you get to go. That would be awesome. And, yeah, I don't know what the best way would be to sneak in a cellphone but it would nice to have some pictures....even if they were of the cellphone variety.

Well, I don't want to take the cellphone (w/camera) in so I can sneak pictures or make calls, etc. If I'm in downtown L.A. with my daughter waiting in line all day or whatever, I'd like to have access to the outside world and make/receive calls as needed. More for my safety/sanity, not for sneaking pics or texting. And parking isn't exactly close, especially if you have to dress nice (ie: no sneakers per se), so I wouldn't think I could get out of line to go back to my car. I guess that should be the least of my worries, but I'd hate to take Maddy out of school & spend all this time to go downtown, etc., and not get in....

and my Mom has a dr. appt. & my hubby has volunteered to take her to it, so that's a whole day in itself :sigh:

joyfulgirl said:
When I got in my car to go to lunch a little while ago, Annie Lennox's "Why" was on the radio and it occurred to me that if I were an AI judge I would have liked to have had the sense to assign that song to David Cooke, along the lines of giving him something to sing that isn't what he would normally do but which he could turn into his own thang. Tell me it's a genius idea.

I agree. David Cook + Why = Brilliant.

corianderstem said:
I didn't even see her performance, but this tells me all I need to know:

350trt2.gif

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That is priceless. :eeklaugh:

Lila64 said:
So a few months ago, someone on the forum suggested I sign up to be in the AI audience, since I live in S.Calif., and the possibility of a Bono appearance (yeah right :giggle: ). Mind you, you have no control of where you are on the wait list to get into a show and/or which one you have the opportunity to attend. So I checked my email about 30 minutes ago, and I got the notice! I tried for the finale, but tickets were all gone. So I have a voucher for Tuesday's show. It sayds it does not guarantee entry & it's on a first come first serve basis. I don't know how many of these they send out. :hyper:

It does state on the voucher that no cell phones or cameras will be permitted. It's at the Nokia Theater downtown, across from Staples Center. But how can they check if thousands of people have cell phones on them? It says all policies are strictly enforced. Plus you have to dress appropriately, yada yada yada...

Anyone here ever been before or know someone that has attended?

I've often wondered that very same thing. These days where can you even GET a cell phone that's not got the photo feature? The feature can be turned off tho. My last employer had a no cell phone rule but I refused to adhere to that....I was determined that ONE day I was going to be the hero if some freak decided to go postal or whatever and while diving for cover I'd grab the phone and be the one to dial 9-1-1 with my phone!! I kept it off tho and stashed my phone in a hidden pocket in my purse. It was small and thin enough (KRZR) to stick in my wallet actually. So if your phone is that small, Lila, I'd take it with you, just turn it off and hide it when and if you get in. And good luck if you do go!!

from mjsbigblog:

The Season 7 finale is this Wednesday. As usual, TPTB are keeping details of the final cheesefest close to their vests. But there is information leaking out here and there. Here’s what we got so far:

♦David Archuleta and David Cook will perform 3 songs according to reliable spoilers on Idol Forums. One will be picked by Clive Davis (!!!) Wasn’t he recently banished to an island for irrelevant record executives? WTF??!!? One will be chosen by the contestants–either a reprise of a song already sung during the season, or something new. The third song will be whatever ghastly song wins the Idol Songwriters Contest. There are rumors swirling that there will be a twist regarding the coronation song. Maybe there will be two winning songs? Perhaps re-arrangements by the contestants will be allowed? If you remember, last year, Blake Lewis was forced to sing the horrid “Here Is My Now” just as it was written, and the results weren’t pretty. Hopefully both Cookie and Archie will be handed songs they can make their own.
♦Paula Abdul will debut a song from her upcoming album, and the Top 12 will also be performing alongside Paula for a special group number. Oh goodie! Yahoo.
♦Two Idols from each of the past 6 Seasons of Idol will be appearing on the finale. Bo Bice has already announced that he’ll be one of the twelve. Yahoo.
♦Jason Castro told an interviewer from the TV Guide channel that each of the Top 5 will duet alongside a special celebrity guest. Castrocopia.
♦The Jonas Brothers will be appearing. Finally, something the kids will love. According to recent Nielsen data, the kids haven’t been loving much about Idol these days.
♦The band One Republic (responsible for the mega-hit “Apologize”. Ryan Tedder from the band recently wrote for Clay Aiken and Blake Lewis) canceled a gig in order to be available for the finale. Daily Press
♦There was a rumor floating about that Bryan Adams would be one of the celebrity guests, but I cannot find the source of that rumor. Anybody???
♦The So You Think You Can Dance dancers will be appearing according to Ellen DeGeneres. They will preview their routine on Wednesday’s show.

Lila64 said:

♦Two Idols from each of the past 6 Seasons of Idol will be appearing on the finale. Bo Bice has already announced that he’ll be one of the twelve. Yahoo.

Carrie!!!!!!!!

Lila64 said:

♦Jason Castro told an interviewer from the TV Guide channel that each of the Top 5 will duet alongside a special celebrity guest. Castrocopia.

Brookie!!!!!!!

Contrary to reports, Bo will not perform on the show. He did say he was going to the finale but during last Saturday's performance of Bo and his band at the Rochester soccer game that featured the Rhinos, a fan asked him and he said he was not going to perform but will join in some related events. This according to his no. 1 unofficial fansite, bonafidebicedotcom.

Still hoping though that there'd be changes like when Prince showed up last minute two years ago. Bo was actually supposed to perform then.

So, how bad do you guys think the coronation song will be? I'm tempted to devise a drinking game wherein I do a shot whenever the words moment, destiny, dream, heaven, or fly show up. Then I decided I didn't want to die of alcohol poisoning.

I bet it's about rainbows or something. And I hope, for Cook's sake, that they're allowed to re-arrange it. Even if he out glory-notes Archie (which I think he can), he'd look ridiculous singing "This Is My Moment of Dreamy Dreams in Heaven" or whatever the hell it is as it was originally written.

I have no idea who will sing with whom in the finale. Maybe Natasha Bedingfield for Archie? And it might be fun if Lionel Ritchie joined Cook for "Hello."

You know what would be a great coronation song???

U2 Beach clip 404!!!!

"All my life I've been waiting for this moment I'm in!!!!!"

It would be so hot.

Allanah said:
So, how bad do you guys think the coronation song will be?

Really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really bad.

Really.

Lila I honestly cannot imagine that they can really enforce that cell phone rule. Cameras maybe, but the world cannot live without cell phones.

That's what I'm thinking too, but I called the number on my voucher today, and she says they do enforce it. How? I don't know :shrug: I don't want to be stopped at security and then be sent back to my car in the middle of the heat of downtown Los Angeles :| Do I risk it? :shrug:

If hubby's offer to voluntarily drive us downtown and drop us off/pick us up stands... then who knows. Don't know if he'd hang around the area or maybe pick up lunch for us - that way I could keep the phone on me for a bit.

I wouldn't tempt fate, Lila. Find a way to go in without it; they probably have metal detectors or something.

Quick edit: I have no idea how reliable this is, but some lady on some news show (I was flipping channels and not paying attention) said that Cook will be singing... (I'll use spoiler-font just in case)....

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Holy shit, y'all. I really hope this is true.

Last edited:
:shifty:Song Spoilers:

Personal song choices have leaked: David Archuleta will reprise “Imagine” per Nigel Lythgoe Thursday on Ryan Seacrest’s KISS morning show. David Cook will sing a new song, U2’s “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”. Cookie is the first Idol to get a U2 song cleared for competition.
The Davids picked their own coronation song from the 10 most popular songs in the list of 20 that were available for online voting. How’s that for a twist? We don’t know which song either contestant has chosen yet.
Clive Davis chose a song for the Davids. There are rumors swirling about, but there are no clear choices yet. I’ll bet the picks are AWESOME! /sarcasm
:shifty:

OK I called the Archie reprise, was hoping Cook would reprise "Hello" because that was brilliant...though what he picked, well that's something. Clive's picks are sure to be turkeys, and I like the new twist on the coronation song...long overdue.

Back
Top Bottom