American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy shit, you guys. I love it SO MUCH when Fantasia drops by on her spaceship from a galaxy far, far away (from the same planet as Sly Stone and Bootsy Collins, naturally) and goes abso-fucking-lutely nuts on the Idol stage. That was such a hot mess, in a really beautiful way. I've never actually done quaaludes, but I think that's what her performance was like. I also want to give a million dollars to the cameraman who cut to Simon's "WTF?" face in the middle of that performance. Fantastic.

And my boy Cook is safe. Excellent.

ETA: Archie made me like him (personally) tonight for the first time, with that completely random but hilarious "Where did they all park?" observation in that homecoming clip show. I'm sure he's an all right kid when you get him away from his father and those painful interviews with Seacrest. That said, I really hope he doesn't win.

Last edited:
Ya'll, I've seen Fantasia's biography movie on the Lifetime channel. With 'Tasia playing herself.

You don't know what :yikes: face is until you've seen that.

I'm officially done striking. Syesha is gone, and now I can watch the (predictable) finals with relative satisfaction. :up:

I actually liked Fantasia's movie...and I thought last night was hot. While I don't think she's technically hot, like in a random pic or whatever, whenever I see her on TV doing whatever I'm like, wow, hawt :) Last night scored very high on the "hawt-meter" hehe. She has been doing a bit too much screaming when she sings lately though, and I'm not a big fan of that.

Last night was as expected of course. The open cheerleading (by Simon in particular) is a bit much though...when exactly did Syesha piss in his cornflakes, and why hasn't TMZ got the scoop on it? I really hope Cook wins, though this years installment of "I Believe I Wanna Be Inside a Moment Like This is My Cow" will doubtless be more suited to Archie's sappy style. Gooey? Simon FTW.

corianderstem said:
Ya'll, I've seen Fantasia's biography movie on the Lifetime channel. With 'Tasia playing herself.

You don't know what :yikes: face is until you've seen that.

:lol: :lol: I will take your word on it!

American Idol-Top Three Results

Were you among one of the 56 million votes that came in Tuesday night? Well, I have to admit I was. I just had to throw a few votes David C’s way. Yes, I am pro-snark and I vote. But will the few crumbs I threw towards Cookie be enough to keep him in the competition? We’ll soon find out.

Hey look! It’s Ramiele, Kristy Lee, Michael, Carly, Brooke...and Andrew Lloyd Webber?

Before we get to the rest of the night, Ryan introduces the judges. Simon please button up your shirt. Half of America has just eaten dinner.

It’s time for the group sing. The two Davids and Syesha sing “Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now.” Well, I wouldn’t be so sure kids. David C looks like he just got done cleaning the garage. I love ya, Cookie, but you should dress up a little on results night. And could the dance moves be any cheesier? But hey, look at Randy and Paula get down with their bad selves!

After a commercial break, we get one of the last pimpmercials of the season. Singing “Heaven,” the contestants find out their future, which apparently includes appearing on an episode of “Cribs.”

Tuesday night’s performances were brought to you by the law firm of Cook and Cowell.

Sporting a new red hairdo and backed up by the Ikettes, Fantasia sings her single “For Me.” It’s all raw and gritty, and you just know the brigade of blondes in the mosh pit are seriously confused. And from the look on his face, so is Simon. Well, you always complain about lame cabaret, Si. This is not lame cabaret. It’s, well, I don’t know what it is.

Lil David A is summoned to Ryan’s side. We learn what David did when he went back to Murray, Utah. Um, where? He gets big hugs from the cheerleaders, which is far preferable to the swirlies he got from the jocks just a year ago. David has really grabbed the Hannah Montana fanbase, hasn’t he? Hey, I didn’t know Rollie Fingers got into politics.

Now it’s time for Syesha to join Ryan and share her hometown visit to Sarasota, Florida. Syesha, ever the politician, hugs some babies. She has a family reunion with the Mercado crew. And she gives a Miss America speech at her old high school. Wow, Mayor Luann is pistol!

Not only does David C join Ryan, so does his little bro, Andrew. It was Andrew who initially wanted to audition for AI but it is David who is going for Idol gold. And aren’t our lives better for it? David goes back to Blue Springs, Missouri, just outside of Kansas City, for his hometown visit. Wow, David can report the weather to me anytime. His surprise visit to his elementary school music teacher is quite sweet as are David’s school pictures. A fellow cheesehead drove 10 hours to cheer on David and David got to throw out a pitch at a Royals’ game.

Okay, I must be mellowing because I actually got teary-eyed watching everyone’s hometown visit. But who will duke it out next week? Well, it turns out the finale will feature a humdinger between the double Ds. David A and David C are, not surprisingly, the final two. Syesha sings her swan song but Broadway awaits.

I was wondering how obvious Simon's "WTF" face was during Fantasia's performance...guess I got my answer. Very obvious.

joyfulgirl said:

What the hell was that?! She didn't even sing. Just grunted and yelled and pranced around. :lol:

Dude I was like WTF are you kidding me? :huh:
She was horrible!!

Allanah said:
I also want to give a million dollars to the cameraman who cut to Simon's "WTF?" face in the middle of that performance. Fantastic.

Does anyone have a screenshot???

I didn't watch last night, but I saw about 5 seconds of her performance on the news this morning and got a little freaked out.

I didn't even see her performance, but this tells me all I need to know:

350trt2.gif

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

When I got in my car to go to lunch a little while ago, Annie Lennox's "Why" was on the radio and it occurred to me that if I were an AI judge I would have liked to have had the sense to assign that song to David Cooke, along the lines of giving him something to sing that isn't what he would normally do but which he could turn into his own thang. Tell me it's a genius idea.

joyfulgirl said:
When I got in my car to go to lunch a little while ago, Annie Lennox's "Why" was on the radio and it occurred to me that if I were an AI judge I would have liked to have had the sense to assign that song to David Cooke, along the lines of giving him something to sing that isn't what he would normally do but which he could turn into his own thang. Tell me it's a genius idea.

I love that song, Why. :drool:

So a few months ago, someone on the forum suggested I sign up to be in the AI audience, since I live in S.Calif., and the possibility of a Bono appearance (yeah right :giggle: ). Mind you, you have no control of where you are on the wait list to get into a show and/or which one you have the opportunity to attend. So I checked my email about 30 minutes ago, and I got the notice! I tried for the finale, but tickets were all gone. So I have a voucher for Tuesday's show. It sayds it does not guarantee entry & it's on a first come first serve basis. I don't know how many of these they send out. :hyper:

It does state on the voucher that no cell phones or cameras will be permitted. It's at the Nokia Theater downtown, across from Staples Center. But how can they check if thousands of people have cell phones on them? It says all policies are strictly enforced. Plus you have to dress appropriately, yada yada yada...

Anyone here ever been before or know someone that has attended?

Back
Top Bottom