American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK I just watched...Cook is the best of a weak bunch. And ZOMG Paula "I thought he sang 2 songs" :huh: :tsk: :rolleyes: :confused: :coocoo: :coocoo: :shame: :crazy: :crazy: :yikes: :reject:

And did Hell freeze over? I think we managed to get a full episode of AI without Randy uttering the dreaded "P" word.

American Idol-Top Five Perform

It’s performance night and the final five will be singing the songs of Neil Diamond. Ryan asks the question of the ages. Which contestant will lose their cool? Um, I think the contestants lost their cool when they auditioned for this show.

Did you say hi to the voted-off Carly? Nope, me neither.

As mentioned, the top five will be singing the songs of Neil Diamond. After we get a brief retrospective of Neil’s career, which appeared to be quite sparkly, we learn the contestants will each sing two of Mr. Diamond’s songs. They now have ten chances to either entertain us or torment us.

During Jason’s moment with Neil, he starts singing the wrong lyrics to his song. Your Jeff Spicoli act is getting so tiring, Jason. He sings “Forever in Blue Jeans.” His voice isn’t very strong and he seems to be sleepwalking throughout it. However, this is probably the right song choice for Jason. I just wish he gave a rip.

David C gets Ryan to walk down memory lane. Somehow I am not surprised that the Seacrest family had a station wagon. Anyway, David performs and has his electric guitar. That alone makes me want to vote for him. He sings one of Neil’s lesser-known songs, “I’m Alive.” For the past two weeks, David has been a bit dark, so it’s good to see him totally rock out! I look forward to his next performance.

For the past few weeks, Brooke has been verging towards Frances Farmer territory. Well, apparently she’s on some anti-anxiety meds because she actually seems happy to be on-stage. She sings “I’m a Believer” and though she appears to be having loads of fun, her voice isn’t quite strong enough for this song. Plus, she comes across like she’s a host of a kiddie show found on a low-wattage Christian TV station. It’s just not that good.

David A is singing “Sweet Caroline.” This kid singing a song that Neil wrote about Caroline Kennedy when she was a little girl creeps me out. If he was wearing his leather pants from a couple of weeks ago I’d probably vomit. Though it’s good to see David sing a more upbeat song, I still find him boring. I know I shouldn’t harp on a kid, but I expect more at this point in the Idol game.

Syesha sings “Hello, Again.” Yes, once again, we say hello to Syesha. I just want to say good-bye and good riddance. Though she has a good voice, there is something so insincere under the pageant-like smile. Syesha is a black Katharine McPhee; she has a beautiful voice, but she’s just a hollow shell-a hollow shell that will kill anyone who gets in her path!!!! Just kidding…sort of.

After round one, the judges finally get to speak their piece. The only comments I care about are Simon’s. Paula is obviously blotto and can’t judge and write down comments at the same time. Apparently my job is safe.

Okay, it’s time for round two, because one round just isn’t enough.

Jason sings “September Morn,” which unbeknownst to him, is not the name of some wicked weed. This song is a bit more suited to Jason’s voice and he actually sounded pretty decent. But the last note seemed a bit off. Jason’s performance is pretty much forgettable a minute after he’s done. I’m rather bored with this guy. Being cute will take you only so far, Jason.

David C sings another lesser-known Neil song, “All I Really Need is You” and this time he accompanies himself on his trusty acoustic. I liked his first performance but this one is much better. He shows a lot of range in his voice, and always gives his performances his all without being an overly obnoxious Tracy Flick-type. Once again, I feel like I’m at a David concert. Keep it up, word nerd, and you just might win this dog and pony show.

Brooke sits down at the piano and sings “I Am, I Said.” She changes up the lyrics a bit but they don’t detract too much from the song. Brooke sounds much better this time out, and let’s her sweet vulnerability come through (we can’t all be tough like Joan Jett Brooke). The first song was totally karaoke, but this song let the real Brooke shine. Still, I think Brooke is on shaky ground. We can’t forget how she’s messed up previous performances.

David A sings “America.” “God Bless the USA” allowed this year’s cockroach, Kristy Lee, to survive another week, so singing a patriotic song will keep David around despite his performance being straight out of a middle school graduation ceremony. Plus, he’s got the squealing tweener vote. Rumor has it they totally wanted David to start dating Miley Cyrus until they found out she’s a total slut.

Syesha sings “Thank the Lord for the Night Time.” Thank the Lord this boring show is almost over. I have three words for Syesha’s performance. Cruise.Ship.Singer. But did Paula just compare Syesha to the late Minnie Ripperton? Oh, no she didn’t!

Well, performance night was hot-buttered ass. It seemed disjointed and lifeless at the same time. Not surprisingly, David C’s performances were my favorite, and I was rather charmed by Brooke’s second performance but not enough to care if she goes. David A will survive another week much to my chagrin. I can’t work up to care about Jason anymore. And Syesha has worn out her welcome. Is it the finale yet?

Golightly Grrl said:
American Idol-Top Five Perform

Well, performance night was hot-buttered ass.

Bullseye.

And was it me or did I detect a bit of snark from Syesha? That's refreshing...if she acted more like she gave a damn she'd probably get more votes.

David Cook is the only that makes you forget about what theme week it is. Every week he manages to make the songs sound current. I still probably wouldn't buy his album, but he's loads more exciting than anyone else on the show.

Spoiler - Top 4 Theme - Songs that shaped/inspired Rock n’ Roll
Published by mj April 30th, 2008 in American Idol, S7 Spoilers, Season 7 and S7 Top
A reliable spoiler at Idol Forums spilled the beans.

At last, a theme broad enough that allows the contestants a little breathing room to choose a song that really reflects who they are as artists. Even though it’s a rock theme, there really is room to stretch the boundaries beyond rock n’ roll.

The songs will supposedly come from this list of songs
http://www.rockhall.com/exhibithighlights/500-songs/ from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Just about every genre of music can be thrown into the R n’ R pot. This could be a very good week for the remaining Top 4. Just about anything would be better than this week’s speed-wreck.

Also, Natasha Bedingfield will be the musical guest for tonight’s results show. Have they given up on featuring past Idols? Maybe the producers are hoping that a known star will boost their sagging ratings…

Tons of great songs to choose from :hmm:

^ Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the scoops Lila.

Also, I'm going to be going out tonight so I won't be able to watch the show. So here's what I would have posted depending on what happens tonight. Pre-emptive posts, if you will:

Scenario #1 where Brooke is kicked off -

NOOOOOOOOO! It can't be! That's
impossible!!! :sad:

Scenario #2 where Brooke is safe -

Brookie!!!!! Still alive! Thankyou God. :hyper: :dance: :hyper:

SPOILER!!!!

YES! My Jason is safe!:yippie: :yippie: :yippie:

ETA: Is David A. really that shocked to be safe? The poor kid looked like he was going to collapse.

Last edited:
^Wait, till you see it. It made the whole call-in segment worthwhile.

Neil, where are your sparkles?:( Isn't Neil Diamond, like 104? How is his mother still alive? :lol: She looks good.

Last edited:
Well... what did you expect? Except for David C., the bunch is really meh this year :shrug: (especially with Michael & Carly out as well) I think your fave should have been in the bottom, IMO. I like him, but found him boring the last few shows :shrug: C'est la vie!

Sorry, that didn't change anything. :madspit: Besides making my butt red.

Jason whoever - looks like an elf in Lord of the Rings
David A. - go away, Poindexter!
The emo guy - nice haircut, but.............. bye bye
Am I missing anyone else? Well if I am they're no good either

Syesha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

hardyharhar said:
Sorry, that didn't change anything. :madspit: Besides making my butt red.

Jason whoever - looks like an elf in Lord of the Rings
David A. - go away, Poindexter!
The emo guy - nice haircut, but.............. bye bye
Am I missing anyone else? Well if I am they're no good either

Syesha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*gets out boxing gloves*

:mad: care to wager there buddy????

Back
Top Bottom