American Idol-Season 7 Part 2 - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2008, 10:39 PM   #181
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:17 PM
I voted a few times for Carly tonight to see if I can help her stay. I am tired of Brooke and Kristy so I want them to go but I predict this would be the bottom three. Although DialIdol has Syesha and Brooke in the bottom two and Kristy safe...

I am sure Archuleta always wins the voting (at least according to Dialidol.com) because the teenagers have the most faithful voting. And I agree that he can sing, but most of his songs are replicas of the original and he has zero creativity... he can line up for the new Backstreet Boys.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:53 PM   #182
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GirlsAloudFan
Here's something I've been meaning to ask...

Out of all you faithful Idol viewers out there, and especially the ones that post in this thread, do you guys actually bust out the phone at the end of the show and vote for your favorite?

I sure as heck do.

I'm just curious how many of you actually dial up the ol' 1866-IDOLS numbers every week. My parents are huge Idol fans and when I call them to see if they'd watched the show and who they voted for they always say that they forgot to vote! Anyways....
I would, but I don't have a landline, and I don't have AT&T as my cell phone company. If I happen to be watching at a friends' who has a landline, I'll vote.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:03 PM   #183
The Male

Local Time: 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

What I'm trying to say is he did not sound original to me.
Who does sound original on Idol? Cook should be singing for Disturbed, Brooke is a bad Carly Simon rip-off, Syesha does that horrific Whitney Houston impression week in and week out, and Archuleta is Josh Groban without the strength.

Now.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:24 PM   #184
War Child

Quote:
Out of all you faithful Idol viewers out there, and especially the ones that post in this thread, do you guys actually bust out the phone at the end of the show and vote for your favorite?
Not every year, but I'll throw votes if I have a favorite.

Quote:
I would, but I don't have a landline, and I don't have AT&T as my cell phone company.
You don't have to have AT&T as your cellphone provider. You can vote with any old cellphone service.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #185
ONE
love, blood, life

Then why do they always say vote from your AT&T phone?
Old 04-15-2008, 11:36 PM   #186
The Male

Oh, and yes, I do vote. From a land line.

...pretty sure we use Verizon, BTW.

Now.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #187
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:17 AM
I'm so worried that Brooke is going home tomorrow. I just have a bad feeling about it. If she leaves tomorrow, I'm gonna be very angry.

x 1,000,000

Oh, well. Hopefully I won't be so pessimistic in the morning. I'm gonna go to bed and watch reruns of Frasier.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:54 AM   #188
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest
Then why do they always say vote from your AT&T phone?
Because they are a sponsor.

I think you need AT&T to text in votes.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:13 AM   #189
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

You can text your vote for free if you have AT&T.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:28 AM   #190
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I'm here to say that apparently I live under a rock because I didn't know any of the songs tonight except for Without You which I know, of course, as a Badfinger song. I guess I don't know any songs by Mariah Carey. I guess I also don't give a shit but it's still kinda weird.

Anyway, I liked all the guys. David Cook was great, I don't care what you David Cook haters say. I also kind of finally got why the judges like David A so much. Not my thing at all but he does sing effortlessly, and never hits a sour note.

The women are so boring and unmemorable. Any of them can go. In fact, they should knock off the bottom three all at once just for fun.

I live under that same rock. Howdy neighbor
I completely agree with your post! Archuleta has a good voice, but I just don't see him as a great performer, at least not yet. I really liked David Cook tonight. I had taped the show, and watched his performance twice. I was moved in how he choked back the tears, with his brother behind the judges (sitting next to Teri Hatcher & her daughter). I'm sure it meant a lot to him to have him there.

Funny how no one pointed out that Carly's song was not originally a Mariah Carey song in the first place. Not that I ever heard Mariah sing it (nor care).
Old 04-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #191
Blue Crack Addict

I still love David A, I can't help it. Love his voice and he's adorable, but I agree that he is not a performer yet. David Cook is, and that's why he stands out. But is he looking like a one note Daughtry? I think he's a better singer than Daughtry by far, but I would love to see him branch out and do something different. And personally I think there's something sexy about him, like something mysterious and unknowable That was very touching to see his brother there.

The women are rather forgettable. I still like Brooke but I think she might be gone (before Kristy), and even Carly, who stands out, is boring me.

I used to vote but I haven't at all this season.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:17 AM   #192
Blue Crack Addict

Check this out, a 13 year old boy from Britain's Got Talent 2008

Old 04-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #193
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlsAloudFan
Here's something I've been meaning to ask...

I've watched every season, but the only time I tried to vote was for Taylor Hicks to win the finale. I couldn't get through though.

As for last night...I still don't get David A. I'm sorry, but he is just so boring! I don't get the praise he receives! Yes, he has a wonderful voice, I'd never deny that...but he still does zero for me.

I didn't think Jason was that great last night, I agreed with Randy. I felt sorry for Brooke because I really don't think she did a good job, but I figured a Mariah song was going to be hard for her. I'm worried that she is going to go home.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #194
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick

As for last night...I still don't get David A. I'm sorry, but he is just so boring! I don't get the praise he receives! Yes, he has a wonderful voice, I'd never deny that...but he still does zero for me.

agreed....his innocent sheepish mug is growing thin on me...I would have to close my eyes to halfway enjoy lsitening to him...

I think these finalists are all talented as far as their voices go, but they are a boring bunch....someone needs to light a fire under them!

Oh...and I thought Mariah was so nice to all of them last night....I enjoy the small 3 seconds the mentors are shown with the singers more than anything on the show anymore
Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 AM   #195
Refugee

Local Time: 10:17 AM
Yeah, i thought Mariah was really sweet to them too. She actually turned out to be a pretty good mentor. I'm gonna have to fast forward through her performance tonight though...
I love my Tivo!

Tags
american idol