American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember a few years ago when Mandisa sang a song about Jesus and got voted off?

I see a trend.

Just say no to Jesus, kids!

That was a complete outrage :angry:

Brooke and Jason should have been in the bottom two. :madspit:

Syesha isn't gone yet? What's wrong with America? Don't they know mediocrity when they hear it?

Oh, wait...:uhoh:

While I'm still a tad pissed about Carly I think she'll do just fine, and I'm thinking her CD might actually be good. Also the hilarity that invariably ensues when America screws up royally is always fun to see.

On a serious note, the 2 really obvious screwups this year have been Michael and Carly. This gets me wondering...I wouldn't be surprised if there's a chunk of voters out there who feel like an Irish or Australian has no business winning American Idol. Not sure how big that chunk is, and how rabidly they vote, but I could see it being a factor. A bigger factor is that those 2 likely don't really appeal to the tweener types who are most likely to vote until their fingers bleed (for Archu-D2, Jason, and David C).

American Idol-Top Six Results

After 38 million votes it’s time to find out who will be leaving the top six. Performance night featured the songs of Andrew Lloyd Webber, which turned out to be a trainwreck for some contestants and amazing performances for others (gee, guess who).

This week’s group sing is “All I Ask of You.” I usually snark on the group sings, but I actually liked this one. The harmonies were tight and there was no cheesy dance moves. I should be very grateful for small miracles like this.

Next Andrew Lloyd Webber sits a spell with Ryan. A lot of people bag on Lloyd Webber, but he added a pop rock element to musicals. If it wasn’t for Lloyd Webber, I doubt we’d have musicals like “Hair,” “Rent” and “Spring Awakening” if it wasn’t for his influence. And I saw “Cats” on Broadway, y’all.

Andrew Lloyd Webber, who was a great mentor, is very honest in his critique of the contestants. He praises Brooke for her great dress rehearsal performance (too bad she didn’t bring it to her live performance). It’s human to mess up in performances. Lloyd Webber also rips on Jason, but Jason is probably too zoned out to give a crap. Lloyd Webber also let’s us know the songs he would write for Paula and Simon’s affair to remember. I have a few title suggestions myself, but I can’t share them with polite company.

After a brief commercial break, we have the pimpmercial. The Idol-ettes sing Soft Cell’s “Tainted Love” in spot inspired by comic books and Mad Max movies. I’m grooving on Brooke’s big 80s hair, but what is on Jason’s face? Do I dare ask?

Now it’s time to announce the first of the bottom two. Which contestant will be the first to sit on a Bedpan of Destiny?

The Double Ds (tee hee) David C and David A are summoned to join Ryan. To my beloved David C, unpredictable=sing the song the way it is written. David A says a bunch of gibberish. Apparently he’s taking public speaking lessons from Jason. However, this is not Toastmasters Idol, and both Davids are safe.

Jason cover your mouth when you yawn!

Simon has often bitched that some contestants are way too Broadway. Well, for some contestants this is a good thing. Tamyra Gray from season one is now lighting up the Great White Way in “Rent.” And season two’s Clay Aiken looks like a middle-aged soccer mom. Oh, and he’s also in “Spamalot.”

Now we’re up to Simon’s latest victim, I mean discovery, Leona Lewis. She sings “Bleeding Love” a song I am not that familiar with. Then again, I rarely listen to top 40 radio. I’m pretty much out of the loop. Actually, I just don’t care.

Okay, it’s time to bring out Syesha and Brooke. Syesha gave one of my favorite performances and Brooke totally disappointed me. Of course, that means Syesha is the in the bottom two and Brooke is safe.

Who’s left? Oh yes, Carly and Jason. They join Ryan. Something is not quite right in the universe for Carly is joining Syesha on a Bedpan of Destiny and Jason is safe. Apparently stoners all over America put down their bongs, set aside the cool ranch Doritos and voted like crazy for Jason.

Both Carly and Syesha sing their songs once again, and do tremendous jobs. Wouldn’t you know it? I start to like them a bit more just as one of them is about to leave. And it’s Carly who is leaving Idol. She takes this sad news in good spirits and doesn’t have the breakdown I thought she would. I wonder if Brooke is musing, “It should have been me. No, really, it should have been me.”

Next week is Neil Diamond week. If David A sings “Girl, You’ll Be a Woman Soon” I will be disturbed on so many levels.

That was one of my favorite performances of Carly's, I was surprised to see her go...not really disappointed though, to be honest. I definitely thought it would be Brooke and Jason in the bottom two though...it should have been, if we were judging things merely on the previous night's performance. Each singer must have a huge fanbase that is going to continually vote for them regardless of the performance quality.

I hope David C. sings "Sweet Caroline". I really do.

Neil Diamond has some great songs! The above mentioned, Cherry Cherry, Holly Holy, I'm a Believer...

and for Jason, there's the Crunchy Granola Suite. I swear.

joyfulgirl said:
and for Jason, there's the Crunchy Granola Suite. I swear.

:lol:

Neil Diamond is awesome.

Ten bucks says Jason does the UB40 reggae version of Red, Red Wine ... Neil Diamond wrote it, but they don't have to do Neil's version.

corianderstem said:

Ten bucks says Jason does the UB40 reggae version of Red, Red Wine ... Neil Diamond wrote it, but they don't have to do Neil's version.

Oh, you've nailed it. I forgot he wrote that.

OK here you go:

Jason - Red, Red Wine
David C - Sweet Caroline
Syesha - I Am I Said (mondo glory note potential there)
Brooke - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
David A - Heartlight (OK just kidding, America maybe? Love on the Rocks?

Predictions sure to go wrong...

Too bad Carly's gone, she could have killed "I Am I Said" :angry:

Last edited:
Golightly Grrl said:
And season two’s Clay Aiken looks like a middle-aged soccer mom. Oh, and he’s also in “Spamalot.”

Both Carly and Syesha sing their songs once again, and do tremendous jobs. Wouldn’t you know it? I start to like them a bit more just as one of them is about to leave. .

Clay Aiken :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

and I agree about Carly and Syesha...it was sad to see the 2 who gave the best performances in the bottom 2:(

God! Has UB40 done anything original??? lol.

Actually I kinda like their song Higher Ground.

And it's not a Stevie cover! :wink:

I just watched the show and I'm gutted once again. In a perfect world I wish they had a scheme where only adults would be able to vote. It's unbelievable that someone like Jason, who after a shit performance that even Lord Lloyd-Webber basically said was crap, squeaks by and Carly gets booted. Let down once again by these twirpy tweens. Arggggg

{growly Neil Diamond voice}

And I'm not a man who likes to swear
but I've never cared for the sound of being alone!

I AM I SAID!

(ba ba ba baaaaah)

TO NO ONE THERE!

(ba ba ba baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah)

and no ONE heard AT all NOT ... even the chair!

{/Neil}

Have we ever found out how much money was raised from Idol gives back? I never watch the Wed night shows and maybe they mentioned it at some point.

corianderstem said:
{growly Neil Diamond voice}

And I'm not a man who likes to swear
but I've never cared for the sound of being alone!

I AM I SAID!

(ba ba ba baaaaah)

TO NO ONE THERE!

(ba ba ba baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah)

and no ONE heard AT all NOT ... even the chair!

{/Neil}

Did you ever read about a frog who dreamed of being a king...and then became one?

Spoilers? :shifty:
The Idols will be singing two songs from the Neil Diamond catalog tonight.

Jason Castro - “Forever in Blue Jeans” and “September Morn” - Joan, the reliable EW popwatch spoiler (check comments) left this hint: “A teeny hint for you spoiler lovers: Jason always dons durable twill weave when taking a stroll at dawn, when the foliage is dismounting.”

Jason Castro - “Forever in Blue Jeans” and “September Morn” - Joan, the reliable EW popwatch spoiler (check comments) left this hint: “A teeny hint for you spoiler lovers: Jason always dons durable twill weave when taking a stroll at dawn, when the foliage is dismounting.”
David Archuleta - “I’m a Believer”, “America” not enough concrete info to go with these choices yet…
Brooke White - “I Am I Said” at the piano - via Idol Forums message board
Syesha Mercado - According to a poster at the Idol Forums, Syesha’s 2 songs are one of the picks below. I’d go with #2.
1. “Hello Again” & “Thank the Lord for the Nighttime”
2. “Thank the Lord for the Nighttime” & “You Don’t Send Me Flowers”
3. “Heartlight (Theme from E.T.)” & “Open Wide These Prison Doors”

David Cook - from person who spoiled Brooke “…He said he tried a bunch of better known songs and then went for more of an unknown song.” BTW, this poster claims to have gotten the spoilers straight from Neil Diamond. Normally, I’d be skeptical, but this person has spoiled successfully before and seems to have good connections.
:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom