American Idol - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultravioletluvv

Refugee
I can't believe it's time for this again! Every season since season 3, i keep saying i'm done with this show, but it always sucks me back in! The trainwreck factor is just too strong i guess!

I wonder how wasted Paula will be this season?
Who will be the William Hung or Bush Baby of this season?
What scandalous item from a contestant's past will get him booted this season?
How many times will Randy say "Dawg" this season?

Here we go!!!!

On a side note, Taylor Hicks was dropped from his record label this week. Sorry, i can't help but laugh at that one. Worst winner EVER!

ultravioletluvv said:
On a side note, Taylor Hicks was dropped from his record label this week. Sorry, i can't help but laugh at that one. Worst winner EVER!

Not just Taylor Hicks, but Ruben Studdard has been dropped too.

And yes, Hicks was/is a sham who set a record for 'fastest sell-out ever'. Less than a week after winning AI, he gave his song to a Ford commercial. Let's be fair - it may well have been part of his AI contract to do that, but either way it's awful. If was part of his AI contract, then there is something completely and utterly wrong about the way AI approaches the music industry(and of course, there is), and if it wasn't part of his AI contract, then he was the fastest sellout ever.

Last edited:
Yeah, Ford is a huge sponsor of the show. You can't accuse him of selling out for that. He had no control over it.

I hear they're focusing less on the celeb guest "mentors" this year, which is a good thing.

I suspected as much.

Still, the fact that AI automatically puts its winner's song in a commercial right away is just awful.

I expect that kind of stuff from AI though. It's all about the $$$!

I actually liked Ruben when he was on the show, but unfortunately his appeal is limited. The only winners who will ever do well is the ones that can be easily plugged into Pop/Rock or Country. I'm at the point where I don't even care who wins anymore. I just wanna be up on all the craziness that everyone's talking about.

awwwwwww Bush baby

((((((((((
kennetheyes.jpg
))))))))))

For the record, I still love Taylor Hicks. I was sad when the Ford commercial stopped airing, I enjoy every bit of Taylor that comes my way. He is the only idol whose album I've bought, and if he releases another album, I'll be all over that.

:heart:

Anyhoo, looking forward to another season! :hyper:

Well, i guess i will come clean and admit to buying Clay Aiken's album. I remember thinking what an amazing voice he had. I still think he's great, but his sound is just a bit too cheesy for me. He does Christmas albums very well though. :wink:

I think Blake's CD isn't selling well. Which isn't too shocking - I don't think Jordin's CD is doing that well, either.

Honestly, I think Blake's CD is pretty good! I was surprised how much I like it. Only a small amount of beatboxing, and a lot of fun dancey pop.

Daughtry is garbage. He is desperately trying to imitate Veddar and Cornell, but he ends up sounding more like Kroeger(Nickelback). All musicians bring some amount of imitation to the table - that's the nature of art, really - but it always feels like Daughtry is 1000% imitation.

Maddy just picked up the Blake Lewis CD and is listening to it now. So far so good she says :up:

They wait so long after the finale to release the CDs, that interest seems to wane. Then they released Blake's CD on 12/4, which kind of gets lost in the holiday shuffle. I think Jordin's was released right before the Thanksgiving holiday (that week). But I've never seen any advertising for either, and I don't use iTunes or shop there ever, so... No promotion = no sales, or so it seems :sigh:

So when does the trainwreck begin, next Monday?

namkcuR said:
but he ends up sounding more like Kroeger(Nickelback).

I have to agree. Daughtry seems pretty one-note to me, and it's not a note I particularly care for.

Good for him with his success, though.

Kelly is still my favorite Idol. :heart:

Lila64 said:
Maddy just picked up the Blake Lewis CD and is listening to it now. So far so good she says :up:

I saw him on something the other night--I forget which late night show. My very first observation was that he's put on weight (not saying that's bad, just noticeable). My second was that he's really good! He seemed totally comfortable in his skin and I liked the song.

joyfulgirl said:

I saw him on something the other night--I forget which late night show. My very first observation was that he's put on weight (not saying that's bad, just noticeable). My second was that he's really good! He seemed totally comfortable in his skin and I liked the song.

He was on Fox' New Year's Eve countdown. He performed a song, and Jordin was there too. I was flippin' channels.

I was underwhelmed by Jordin's "Tattoo" as a lead-off single. It's a little meh. I downloaded the album to see if I wanted to pick it up or not. It's not bad, but nothing very exciting.

I'll pick it up used, eventually ... because I'm kind of weird like that. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom