American Idol - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
American Idol-Omaha, Nebraska Auditions

American Idol has held auditions in big cities like New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. But now they are in the heartland, Omaha, Nebraska. Will we find talent we can totally embrace, or will we point and laugh Omaha-ha-ha. But hey, where’s Paula? Is “plane is late” code for “bombed out of her skull?”

Chris Burnheisel has waited seven seasons to audition for American Idol. And he came bearing gifts. Randy and an absent Paula get stuffed animals. Simon gets a jacket. Chris shows off his Kelly Clarkson photo album. Simon places it on the judging table as a good luck charm for Chris. Chris sings “Since U Been Gone” with some pretty bad gymnastic moves. He wanted auditioning to be life altering. Too bad it’s more life faltering. Still, Chris is a sweet kid. And who knows, maybe he’ll get a Idol finale red carpet gig with Omaha’s very own Fox 42. But do we really need another Ross, the Intern?

Jason Rich is a from a small town in Iowa. Aren’t all towns in Iowa small? Jason is very cute (eye candy, yum) and seems like a nice guy. But can he sing? He sings “When You Say Nothing at All.” He keeps forgetting the lyrics. Jason is very lucky the judges are actually in a good mood and gets more chances than he probably deserves. Finally, he gets it together. His voice is good, but something bugs. Could it be that he’s too bombastic? Well, it doesn’t matter what I think because Jason is going to Hollywood.

So glad you could make it Paula...

Idol treats us to a new game show. “You Forgot the Lyrics.” And boy, do they ever. Many compete for the prize but only one person can win. A leather-hatted idiot wins the grand prize. But I seriously doubt he won a golden ticket.

Rachel Wick used to be a female arm wrestler. She even challenges Ryan. Wow, nice guns, Ryan. In front of the judges, Rachel sings “Don’t Tell Me to Stop Loving You.” I think she sounds good, but the judges think she is too twangy. However, Rachel is going to Hollywood, but not before she arm wrestles Paula. Yea, that’s a fair fight.

Sarah Whitaker used to be a professional wrestler. Hey, me too! She fulfills Simon’s dream by backhanding Ryan. Sarah sings something incredibly unrecognizable. Could anyone help me here? Sarah is too weird for words. Maybe she’s Alexis Cohen’s cousin. Hey, didn’t Bon Jovi have a hit with a song called “Omaha?”

Ryan trades places with Paula. Ryan is going to judge, and Paula is going to...well, whatever Ryan does. Samantha Sidley is a victim of this little experiment. She lacks confidence, but she sings “I Don’t Know Why” with a warm, husky voice I like. She’s told she needs to get better stage skills, but she does grab a golden ticket. I’m going to keep my eye on her. I hope she doesn’t bomb in Hollywood.

Elizabeth, Denise and Michael blow the judges away and are going to Hollywood. However, Elizabeth thinks she’s on her way to America’s Next Top Model. Tyra Banks says, “That would be fierce!”

From Kenosha, Wisconsin comes Angelica Puente. She has many daddy issues and lives with her grandma. Not to be mean, but sometimes I wish these people would save the drama for Oprah. Still, Angelica is just a kid, and I like that she comes to the audition in non-hoochie wear. The judges notice Angelica’s nerves. Simon tells her to picture Randy in a bikini. Great, now Angelica is going to toss her cookies. Angelica sings “Power of Love.” Well, she’s very loud, and she has no sense of self. She’s more of an imitation. But who knows where she’ll be in 5-6 years. Despite this, Angelica is going to Hollywood. A call is made to her dad. He’s very proud. Aww.

Oh, that DAUGHTRY! He’s such an inspiration. Many rockers come out from smoky bars, Hot Topic and mom and dad’s basement to audition for Idol.

David Cook combines a faux hawk with some Manic Panic Ruby Red streaks. He tells us that he brings something different to the AI table. He sings the Bon Jovi classic, “Allentown, “ oops, I mean “Livin’ on a Prayer.” Paula looks at Davis like he’s a big bottle of Tanqueray gin. David is a good singer, but lacks strong performing skills. Still, he gets a golden ticket. And I couldn’t help but notice how cute he is. Oh goody, more AI eye candy.

Johnny Escomilla says he’s the weirdest guy you’ll ever meet. Well, I won’t argue with that. Johnny is about to audition for the judges when, speaking of Tanqueray gin, Paula let’s out a huge hiccup. Klassy! Johnny sings the old classic, “Shout.” I want to shout, “Shut up!” His shiny jacket is blinding me, and now that I’ve heard him sing, I wish I was deaf. Nope, no golden ticket to go with Johnny’s golden jacket.

Now we’re treated to a montage of bad auditioners singing Stealer Wheel’s “Stuck in the Middle With You.” Remember that scene in Reservoir Dogs? Yep, this was worse.

Leo Marlowe is funny and snarky. Hey, my kind of person! He sings “A Song for You” made notable when Elliott Yamin sang this song back in season 5. Thankfully, Leo sounds really good. He’s both talented and likable. I look forward to seeing more of him.

In the end 19 happy people got golden tickets. Still, I was left wanting after the Omaha auditions. Could it be that no delusional loser had an expletive-laced meltdown after being rejected by the judges?

Next audition stop? Sunny Miami!

That was a good episode. I thought there were a lot of talented singers tonight. Corliss and Brittany (sp?) (It's the way I spell it, so I'm going with it :wink: ) were my favorites of the evening, but I liked a lot of the people who auditioned tonight. That last guy freaked me out tremendously, though.:|

I'm not a violent person, but man, I wanted to punch that American Juniors girl.

What a little snot!

American Idol-Miami Auditions

American Idol goes back in time and comes to us Miami Vice-style. What? American Idol couldn’t come to us Golden Girls-style? Sophia Petrillo says, “Picture it. Miami, American Idol auditions, 2007.”

Shannon McGough is the first to audition. She looks like a Claire’s Boutique vomited all over her. This must the be week of “Girls Gone Gross” on Idol, and Shannon treats us to her belching repertoire. She sings “Cry” and is totally affected and obnoxious. She just can’t find the melody of the song. She’s like the theater geek version of Janis Joplin. Shannon doesn’t get the golden ticket. She’ll go back to the meat market of her parents and not the meat market of Hollywood.

Look, it’s Brett Michaels from Rock of Love! Nope, it’s actually Robbie Carricco. He has a pretty decent voice and is going to Hollywood. His friends celebrate by spraying silly string all over him. If this was really Brett Michaels from Rock of Love, he’d be sprayed with STD-laden panties.

Ghaleb claims to be 27 and has so much passion to give. He also looks like he’s wearing a wig from the Sanjaya collection. Ghaleb has a decent voice but is more suited to the Latino market. Still he gets the golden ticket and gets to feel up Paula. This is probably the best thing that will happen to Paula all day.

BFFs Corlis and Brittany look like the Weather Girls 2: Electric Boogaloo. And they’re showing all the boys some love. But can they show the judges they can sing? Corlis sings “Take 5” and dedicates it to her favorite dawg, Randy. Corlis has a fine jazzy voice, but I did detect a lisp? Brittany sings “My Guy.” She’s also in good voice, and has fun, flirty performing skills. Corlis and Brittany are going to Hollywood.

Suzanne Toon, like many before her, brings her own sad sack story. She sings “I Can’t Make You Love Me’ with a very sultry, sexy tone. She gets a golden ticket.

Ramiele is cute as a button and would love to be the first Asian Idol winner. She sings “Natural Woman” and her big voice belies her petite stature. Simon says she’s too much of a hotel singer. Hmm, I bet if Ramiele was a blonde WASP he wouldn’t say that. Fortunately, Randy and Paula say yes. Ramiele is on her way to Hollywood. I hope she proves that good things come in small packages.

Syesha Mercado is beyond adorable with an infectious smile. She tells us that good things keep coming her way. Hmm, maybe she read “The Secret.” Syesha’s dad has just graduated from rehab. But a tragic back story doesn’t mean she has talent. Syesha sings “Think.” Being loud isn’t always good, but Idol always has a couple of R & B divas. It’s no “secret.” Syesha gets the golden ticket.

After a couple of singing montages, both good and bad, we meet Richard Valles. He sings through his nose.

Remember the show American Juniors? Me neither. But apparently that forgotten show is where Julie “What does precocious mean?” Dubella got her start. She sings “Me and Bobby McGee.” She’s totally melodramatic and seriously needs to get over herself. The judges reject her, and she just can’t believe it. And why is she talking with a “I summer on Cape Cod” lockjaw? Simon nails it when he calls her over-indulged. Julie, please keep in mind that AI filled its obnoxious teen-age girl quotient when they gave abstinence chick, Amy Catherine Flynn, a golden ticket last week.

Our final Miami auditioner is Brandon Black. And no, AI did not save the best for last. Oh geez. Just shut up Brandon. He sings “I’ll Make Love to You” and is completely tedious and is trying too hard to be memorable instead of actually being talented. He sings an original composition “I’m the Next American Idol.” Can we please bring back Reynaldo Lupaz’s AI classic “We are Brothers, Forever?” Brandon is not going to Hollywood. Now we know why Paula drinks.

17 people got golden tickets, and soon we will see them in Hollywood. Next week Idol goes back to the south. Atlanta is the next audition city.

I didn't hear that it had to be pretaped, I wonder why. Because Paula can't sing? :wink:

msnbc.com

Sneak peak at Abdul’s halftime show

Despite the disappointing news that Paula Abdul’s upcoming Super Bowl performance had to be pretaped, there’s still plenty of buzz surrounding the “Idol” judge’s stage presence.

According to a source involved with the pretape, Abdul is excited to unveil a new look by makeup artist Mezhgan that will leave viewers “shocked.” What can you expect? “She’ll be wildly sexy” is all the source would say.

But one thing is certain: Abdul’s relationship with QVC played a part in the transformation. If you saw Abdul’s reality show “Hey Paula,” you know that her relationship with the television retailer seemed, um, contentious at times. However, Abdul must have had some cache with the network because Mezhgan will appear on QVC after the big game to sell the products she used on Abdul.

Golightly Grrl said:

Remember the show American Juniors? Me neither. But apparently that forgotten show is where Julie “What does precocious mean?” Dubella got her start. She sings “Me and Bobby McGee.” She’s totally melodramatic and seriously needs to get over herself. The judges reject her, and she just can’t believe it. And why is she talking with a “I summer on Cape Cod” lockjaw? Simon nails it when he calls her over-indulged. Julie, please keep in mind that AI filled its obnoxious teen-age girl quotient when they gave abstinence chick, Amy Catherine Flynn, a golden ticket last week.

Ohhh...I was hoping that imp didn't make it through. And I forgot that Catherine girl got through last week but I think I'll look forward to her crashing to defeat!

Okay... that first guy chose a great song by Queen, performed it really well and Simon doesn't like his eyes??? What a fucktard! The judges are the worst thing about this show.

Overall, tonight's show wasn't that bad I guess. Entertaining, lol. I'm surprised nobody's commenting.

if that homeless dude hadn't gotten a chance, i was gonna get teary eyed:sad:
Simon has been SO nice this season so far...what is up with THAT?

Daddysgonnapay said:
Simon has been SO nice this season so far...what is up with THAT?

Do you want them to be mean? :huh:

I think it's in really bad taste to be as mean as they are... literally laughing in the faces of people singing!

corianderstem said:
Here's my theory, and why I don't feel too bad for many of these auditioners: This show has been on for 6 seasons now. People know what the deal is.

Now, granted - there are people who are a little unrealistic about the limits of their talent (i.e., karaoke girl with model hubby). I would imagine there are a few people who may actually be a bit mentally ill/unbalanced/what-have-you.

But I would guess the vast majority of those set up to look ridiculous are fully aware of what they're putting themselves into. I think a lot of them are putting on an act and have a great poker face.

I'm torn about Mr. Vocal Warm Up Bon Jovi - I'd like to think he's in on the joke and has a great poker face. But then I wonder - are there people who are actually THAT delusional about their singing ability? And who have no friends or family who care enough for some brutal honesty and to save them from becoming a national laughingstock?

I tend to lean to the side that thinks it's a total put-on. Maybe it's just me. But these folks all are aware of American Idol - I would put money on a bet that says no one who is auditioning isn't aware of what the show is.

So I don't feel too bad about watching a show that puts these people on TV for us to laugh at.

On the flip side, you have those who just make you feel sad, like Temptress. I think she was for real, and I think the judges did, too. If they thought she was putting them on, they wouldn't have been so nice to her, I think.

Quoting myself, to repeat why I don't feel bad for most of the people on this show.

Okay but what do you to say to my point about that first guy who sang Queen's Don't Stop Me Now. He sang with such passion and almost sounded exactly like Freddie Mercury and they told him to turn his back to the camera. How rude and childish! Idiots!

Simon has been awesome this year. One minute he's the snide jerk we've come to know and love - "My pen has more charisma than you..." - and the next minute he's warmer and more sincere than we've ever seen him.

The blonde pageant girl Brooke looks like she might be our requisite sexpot this year.

And Josiah the kid who sleeps in his car...I have a feeling he'll be in the top 12. Great voice. Not a sound you hear everyday on this show. It's almost a shame that he's going to get his break on American Idol when he should have just gotten a band and a demo together and tried to make it that way (not that that is easy). I don't know. There was somethin about that kid's voice that really jumped out at me and my first thought was "why the hell are you trying out for American Idol?"

Two other notes:

'Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol is a really, really shitty song

And does anyone else find it hilarious the way Seacrest has introduced the show for the last two years? -

"THIS!...... is aMERican Idol"

Great episode tonight. There were a lot of talented people. I absolutely loved the nurse that sang the Janis Joplin song. Her voice was amazing. I hope she goes really far.:rockon:

My friends and I were cracking up during the Glamourous sing-along.:lmao:

Okay, re: Queen guy.

It's not like they were all "holy shit, you're ugly. Turn around." He was doing one of those weird things that some people do with their faces when they sing.

And then Simon apologized. So there you go. I very much disagree that it was a horrible way to treat him. :wink:

I thought he was okay - not great. He has a decent voice, but not the best song to showcase that. Glad they let him through, though.

Edit: Call me a horrible person, but I really didn't like the girl whose dad had died. Everything sounded forced to me.

Last edited:
American Idol-Atlanta Auditions

Past Atlanta auditions have brought us Idol luminaries like Clay Aiken, Fantasia and Jennifer Hudson. But will season 7’s Idol auditions be a Georgia peach or a bunch of Georgia pits? However, before we get to the auditions, the Seacrest family has a little reunion.

Josh Jones works for glass company, and likes working with his tools. I just hope he isn’t one. Josh sings “Don’t Stop Me Now.” After hearing him sing, I think the song should be re-named “Do Stop Me Now. No, I Really Mean It.” Josh is totally over the top, and is probably more suited to Broadway. And what is up with his freaky eyes? Paula asks Josh to turn around and face the backdrop. Somehow I think Paula would have asked him to turn around even if his eyes weren’t possessed by the devil. Despite coming across as a demonic understudy for Spring Awakening, Josh gets a golden ticket.

JP already auditioned in season 4-the season of Carrie Underwood. JP wishes he would have kept in touch with Ms. Underwood. I’m sure she wishes the same thing. JP sings “Me and My Gang.” Is he actually singing words or is that some gibberish? Despite majoring in music, Josh shows zilch musical talent. JP whines about having to go back to school. Oh poor baby. Graduating from college is such a burden. And you might want to change your major.

Finally, in season 7, truth is spoken. Paula is a girl who can’t say no; just ask Corey Clark.

Despite the exotic name, Asia’h Epperson claims to a be a small-town girl. She tells us a sad story of losing her dad in a car accident just days before the audition. Asia sings “How Do I Live Without You” and dedicates it to her dad. Hmm, something about her voice bugs me. What is it? I’m not impressed, but the judges are. Asia is going to Hollywood.

Brooke Helzie is Miss South Florida Fair. Hmm, a blonde, perky, Southern beauty queen-she’s right out of central casting. Her pageant duties have included kissing a pig. Hey, you don’t have to win Miss South Florida Fair to do that; just be drunk off your arse at bar time. Brooke sings “Who’s Lovin’ You.” She sounds okay, but the singing blondes are starting to blend into one. Brooke is so unbelievably pageant-y, plus Simon finds her annoying. And I’m sure she’ll be annoying in Hollywood. Brooke, keep this in mind. The whole blonde, ditzy, “I’ve got an IQ of room temperature” schtick was tired when Kellie Pickler did it in season 5.

The following montage of Fegie’s “Glamorous” is more like “Torturous.” And I know this is rude, but some of these people are so unattractive, I thought I was watching an episode of Springer. Or maybe these people grew up near a nuclear reactor.

Just when I think we’ve got our fill of obnoxious auditioners, we get Eva Miller. Hmm, I think she just got off the pole to audition. Eva sings “A 1000 Miles.” Her singing and dancing is atrocious. She’s not even entertaining in a so bad it’s good kind of way. Eva doesn’t get a golden ticket. However, I did crack up when she fell on her rear. And I’m so glad she was wearing leggings. I did not want to be introduced to her lady bits.

Alexandrea Lushinton brings a huge entourage, including her too-cute-for-words great grandma. At sixteen, Alexandrea is a bit unpolished, but she shows promise. Alexandrea is going to Hollywood. I hope she brings along great grandma. Great Grandma could be my favorite Idol family member since mamaleh Claudette Yamin.

Nathan Hite is sixteen and a 9th grade repeater. Hmm, that’s something to be proud of, loser. Nathan sings “Paralyzer” and is awful. And he seriously needs to turn down the ‘tude. Nathan, there is a reason why you are so behind your peers. You’re not going to Hollywood, but I’m sure there is a meth lab in some trailer park that will accept you.

Amanda Overmyer is a nurse, a goth and a biker chick, what a Renaissance woman! But can Amanda sing? Amanda sings “Mean Woman” and later sings “Traveling Band.” She doesn’t have a strictly pop voice. It’s more gritty and earthy. And though she seems a bit over the top, she’s different from a lot of the other females who are auditioning. I think AI needs a rocker girl. Amanda gets a golden ticket.

Josiah Leming has been living in his car and is a high school drop out. Yet, he’s happy. Wait, he’s not. Well, at least he has this golden opportunity to audition for Idol. Hmm, why waste your time getting your GED and maybe going to college? Josiah sings an original composition called “To Run.” He has way too much vibrato in his voice and way too theatrical. Plus, he sings in this odd British accent. I half expect him to say, “Cheerio, guvnah!” Well, it doesn’t matter what I think because Josiah is going to Hollywood. Well, at least he won’t have to live in his car.

Atlanta presented 19 Idol hopefuls with golden tickets. The final audition show features the best of the rest. And you can bet that the best of the rest doesn’t only feature the best singers, but the best of the worst. Is it Hollywood week yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom