American Idol - Season 7 - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2008, 12:59 PM   #841
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

From my own experience in another show's thread I accidentially gave away the show before everyone else (my excitement came over me) and got a ass-chewing by people who were on the west coast...
Really? I feel sorry for those people who believe it's okay to chew someone out over an AI "spoiler." Seriously people, stay away from the internet if you don't want to be spoiled. Yahoo always has it on their front page before the west coast has finished airing.

I agree with BC but Idol has long been about a gimmick or looks and not so much singing. (see Sangya or Kellie Pickler ) That being said, please America, send Kristy home. If next week is country week she may get to stay and send someone who does not deserve it home.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:11 PM   #842
Refugee

Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I like Jason in general, but not for American Idol. To me, American Idol should be finding someone who has an amazing voice. While other factors come into play, such as personality, this is ultimately a singing competition. I like that the contestants are allowed to play instruments this year, but I worry that it's too much of a crutch for Jason. If you take away his guitar on some of the songs he's used it on and just focus on his voice, the vocals aren't that impressive.

Like I said though, I like Jason in general. But he often seems more like a dude who should be strumming in a coffee shop, not performing for millions on American Idol.
I totally agree with you on this. I like Jason and his laidback, hippie vibe. But sometimes he gets lost on the huge AI stage, plus I wonder how he'll do when he's playing huge arenas on the tour. He's much more suited to coffehouse, clubs and small theaters. My alma mater has a very well-respected theater and I think Jason could really shine there.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #843
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

Really? I feel sorry for those people who believe it's okay to chew someone out over an AI "spoiler." Seriously people, stay away from the internet if you don't want to be spoiled. Yahoo always has it on their front page before the west coast has finished airing.

I agree with BC but Idol has long been about a gimmick or looks and not so much singing. (see Sangya or Kellie Pickler ) That being said, please America, send Kristy home. If next week is country week she may get to stay and send someone who does not deserve it home.

the ass chewing didn't come from this show in particular.. it was another TV show...
Here, I was just trying to help out the person who posted the spoiler to spare them from possible negative posts in regards to that..

As Sicy said, it is just respectable that people wait until it airs on the west coast before posting the results..
Old 03-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #844
Refugee

Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

I totally agree. If people are so into these shows and don't want to be spoiled, then wtf are they doing on message boards about the shows anyway? I'm on mountain time and I know what sites' home pages will have spoilers, so i stay away from them for a good hour before the show airs. But people coming to Interference and willfully clicking on a thread about the show is just asking to be spoiled.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #845
Refugee

To chime in. Personally I avoid all websites and message boards pertaining to the particular tv show I do not want to learn results from. Though sometimes I could give a toss and want to find out anyway

But regarding what is acceptable, I suppose that should come down to what the official policy is of this forum.

For the show....damn I'm surprised Syesha was in the bottom 3. I have a feeling that David A's (who I call Mickey Mouse for some reason) luck is going to run out soon. And is David Cook now become a front runner?? And who exactly are the front runners?
Old 03-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #846
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Slipstream
But regarding what is acceptable, I suppose that should come down to what the official policy is of this forum.
Yeah there's really no policy for this. I think people just need to be able to police themselves.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:00 AM   #847
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

David Cook is an unoriginal bastard
Old 03-28-2008, 01:20 PM   #848
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:31 AM
Let's say this: try to avoid saying specifically who got the boot until it's done on the west coast.

West coast people, try not to read the thread until it's done, unless you don't care about being spoiled.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #849
Blue Crack Distributor

I spoil in sky blue
Old 03-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #850
Refugee

^I love this cat!

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
Let's say this: try to avoid saying specifically who got the boot until it's done on the west coast.

West coast people, try not to read the thread until it's done, unless you don't care about being spoiled.

I also like how people do the invisible text thingy.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #851
Blue Crack Distributor

wink Invisible like I did above :sexywink:

Old 03-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #852
Blue Crack Addict

I didn't watch it until last night and had no trouble avoiding spoilers. I did not enter this thread, for starters.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #853
Refugee

Local Time: 07:31 PM
Very sad news. Claudette Yamin, mother of season 5's Elliott Yamin, has passed away.
http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.a...4-01-0168.html
Old 04-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #854
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
Very sad news. Claudette Yamin, mother of season 5's Elliott Yamin, has passed away.
http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.a...4-01-0168.html
I saw that. I feel so bad for Elliot and his family. She was a sweet lady.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #855
ONE
love, blood, life

If this is to be believed, here be song spoilers for Dolly night!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319931/.../101952878?p=1