American Idol - Season 7 - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2008, 11:01 PM   #721
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:00 AM
America, you got it right. I you.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #722
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
Okay, someone tell me who's going home - I got that Kristy Lee is still around (hellooooooo, Sanjaya). Who left?
Amanda.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #723
Blue Crack Distributor

I find nothing sad-face about that. Kristy Lee is boring, but Amanda was awful. Every week she sang, I thought she got worse and worse.

(But heh, I got my edit in pretty quick - I found the eliminee on Yahoo.)
Old 03-19-2008, 11:09 PM   #724
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:00 PM
My sister and I have been referring to Amanda as "the cat in heat."
Old 03-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #725
Blue Crack Distributor

Ha!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:29 PM   #726
The Male

What I heard from her performance last night was indeed awful.

Now.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:47 PM   #727
Blue Crack Addict

i don't think amanda should of gone home... Kristi should of.. I just don't get it...
Old 03-19-2008, 11:53 PM   #728
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
i don't think amanda should of gone home... Kristi should of.. I just don't get it...
What's to get? Kristy is cute and has an OK voice. Same reason you're all voting for David A.

Now.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:53 PM   #729
Blue Crack Distributor

Kristy is as bland as last week's toast, and she really, really should go next.

I think David A is bland as well - I do not get why he's been annointed as The Chosen One this year.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:50 AM   #730
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:00 AM
I really couldn't believe Carly was in the bottom three. That was the big surprise. I would have been happy with Amanda or Kristy going home. Maybe this will be her last hurrah and she can still get to go on the tour being in the top 10.

I agree with cori about David A. He's got a good voice, but that ain't everything.

As for next weeks theme, I don't think they said on the show. They just mentioned some of the mentors: Mariah Carey, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Neil Diamond, and Dolly Parton. I thought I read somewhere that it was top 100 or top itunes songs I can't remember...
Old 03-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #731
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest
Congrats America, you've once again proved you're the dumbest nation on earth.
I'm probably wrong and there have been exceptions- but I think on AI when it comes down to the women, the one perceived by more of the audience to be "cuter" will stay, at least until her cuteness can't win out over her talent. Amanda was the same thing week after week, but I would still rather listen to her than Kristy's imitation of Jessica Simpson goes country, or whatever that is that she's doing. I think Carly being in the bottom three is a total joke. I guess people think Ramiele is cute. I don't get her at all. Attractiveness is a factor for the guys too, but maybe not as much.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #732
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
America, you got it right. I you.
And did you notice none of the usual boo-hooing at the elimination? I thought Amanda seemed pretty cool (still didn't like her singing) but judging by her fellow Idols' reaction maybe not.

Quote:

I think David A is bland as well - I do not get why he's been annointed as The Chosen One this year.
again. I think I love you

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

I'm probably wrong and there have been exceptions- but I think on AI when it comes down to the women, the one perceived by more of the audience to be "cuter" will stay, at least until her cuteness can't win out over her talent. Amanda was the same thing week after week, but I would still rather listen to her than Kristy's imitation of Jessica Simpson goes country, or whatever that is that she's doing. I think Carly being in the bottom three is a total joke. I guess people think Ramiele is cute. I don't get her at all. Attractiveness is a factor for the guys too, but maybe not as much.
I think you see the "cute" thing with guys a lot. I think Jason is getting more votes because he's oh-so-dreamy and we've seen that in the past (Cory Clark, John Peter Lewis etc). But I agree Kristy being cute is keeping her alive, though I think she's done next week barring a miraculously good performance.

And yes, Carly in the bottom is just insane.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #733
Refugee

Local Time: 06:00 PM
American Idol-The Top 11 Results

Hey kids, it’s Wednesday night on Idol and we all know what that means-50 minutes of filler and 10 minutes of actual eliminations. Let’s get to business.

First, Idol has some major mentor news. Dolly Parton, Mariah Carey, Andrew Lloyd Weber and Neil Diamond will all be on board to guide the contestants during different theme weeks. I guess that means the Idol hopefuls will get to butcher country music, R & B pop, Broadway show tunes, and the oldies. Lucky us.

What else? Oh yes. Remember last year’s Idol coronation song “This is My Ow?” Oops, I mean “This is My Now.” Once again, Idol is sponsoring a songwriting contest for wannabe Diane Warrens to write the Idol coronation song for season 7. Gee, how many ways can you write about destiny, pride, inspiration and rainbows?

Now it’s time for one of the most under-whelming AI medleys I have ever witnessed. Yes, I know the group sings are completely cheesy but show some damn enthusiasm. And was Ramiele’s microphone turned off or was it just my TV?

After the Beatles medley we get a brief overview of the previous night’s performances. Those who are deemed safe and in the top ten will get to sit on some crushed velvet couches. Gee, I guess Graceland had a garage sale. The bottom three get to sit on the bed pans of destiny.

Brooke, Carly, David A and Michael are summoned to the Idol Seal of Doom. Brooke, David A and Michael are declared safe. In an Idol shocker, Carly is in the bottom three. Apparently, she didn’t have the luck of the Irish. She takes a seat on a bed pan of destiny.

After a brief commercial break, we get to see the making of a pimpmercial, which turns out to be very inspired by Ed Wood. The Idols sing the Clash classic “Should I Stay or Should I Go?” Another favorite band of mine gets murdered Idol-style.

Back to finding out who is in the top ten (and gets to go on tour) and who is in the bottom three. David C and his spit curl are safe, as are Jason and Ramiele. Kristy Lee is in familiar territory-the bottom three. Personally, I think Idol should engrave her name on one of the bed pans of destiny.

Before we can get back to announcing who is safe and who is not, we have to deal with some lame Idol business. Ryan is taking our calls. We find out Simon doesn’t spend a lot on clothes because he’s not egotistical like Ryan. However, Simon does have good things about kissing Paula. Hmm, maybe because her kisses taste like chocolate martinis. The last song Ramiele downloaded was R. Kelly’s “I’m a Flirt.” And Michael Johns thinks he peaked in Hollywood. Truer words were never spoken.

Hey remember season five’s Kellie Pickler? She’s back and she’s brought her new “shoes” with her. Speaking of shoes, she sings her country hit “Red High Heels.” Well, at least she doesn’t put me to sleep like Kat McPhee did last week. And I love her dress.

Before the final person with the lowest votes is announced, we learn some important information about “Idol Gives Back.” We also get to see Fantasia and Elliott Yamin tour Angola and pass out nets to help fight off malaria. Fanstasia sings “Amazing Grace” and Elliott gets to meet his namesake, baby Elliott. I don’t know which Elliott is more precious.

Okay, finally we find out who is the last person in the bottom three. Syesha and Chickezie are safe and join their buds on Elvis’ couches. Amanda joins Carly and Kristy Lee in the bottom three. All of them stand on the Idol Seal of Doom. Carly is announced safe and nearly has a nervous breakdown. Kristy Lee must be made of Teflon (just who is voting for her?) and is also safe. That means Amanda is leaving us. I guess “Vote for the Worst” couldn’t save her. Yep, you can tell being voted off is really destroying her. It’s probably a good thing America got rid of her before Broadway week. Can you imagine her rasping her way through “Everything’s Coming Up Roses?” Shudder.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #734
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:

I agree...although I will give David credit for being a much better singer than Kristy Lee. Still though...boring.

I felt sorry for Amanda going before Kristy Lee. Even though Amanda was really predictable, and it was the same thing each week, she is more talented than Kristy Lee. I think it's a bummer that Amanda won't get to go on the tour, but Kristy Lee will. Not that I'll be going to see any show on said tour, but I'm just saying.

I was kind of happy that Carly was on the bottom because it just reinforces that nobody is safe, and you have to be very careful with selecting songs. Yes, Carly sang "Blackbird" well, she has a fabulous voice...but it was boring.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 03-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #735
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick

I felt sorry for Amanda going before Kristy Lee. Even though Amanda was really predictable, and it was the same thing each week, she is more talented than Kristy Lee. I think it's a bummer that Amanda won't get to go on the tour, but Kristy Lee will. Not that I'll be going to see any show on said tour, but I'm just saying.
I agree. I won't see the tour either but if I did I bet Amanda would be a lot more fun to see than Kristy Lee.