American Idol - Season 7 - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2008, 12:59 AM   #691
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Local Time: 06:24 PM
NO FOOOKIN WAY!!!! IM STUNNED that David Hernandez got sent home!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #692
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

are you kidding.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:09 AM   #693
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:24 PM
I thought Kristy should have gone home first. I did agree with the bottom two.

More Beatles songs next week
Old 03-13-2008, 07:05 AM   #694
Refugee

Local Time: 02:24 AM
American Idol-The Top 12 Results

Before we can get to the results, who is going to be eliminated, AI has some business to take care of. Is it some Fox product placement? Of course it is. Jim Carrey is here to promote the latest Fox release “Horton Hears a Who” complete with elephant regalia. I hope his giant ears aren’t smacking the lady next to him. She looked rather peeved.

After the product placement, we’re up to the cheesy Beatles group sing. Something about the group sing seems off too me, well more off than usual. I think the stage is so cavernous that it swallows up contestants. Also, the choreography is beyond lame. Did Paula do it during one of her less lucid moments? Yea, which less lucid moment? There are so many.

But who is in the bottom 3? We get a brief overview of Tuesday night’s performances, and then it’s time to announce the first possibly eliminated contestant. Carly, Michael, Jason and Syesha are told to stand up. Carly, Michael and Jason are declared safe. Syesha is in the bottom three. She is summoned to the AI Seal of Doom and sings “Got to Get You Back Into My Life” in the most pissed off manner.

Post Syesha’ possible sing-out we get a poltical-themed pimpmerical, and we also get more “Horton Hears a Who” product placement. The top 12 get the Hollywood treatment. Don’t get used to it kids. This year you’re going to movie premiers; next year you could be selling movie tickets. But OMG! Is that Steve Carell? I heart him so much!!

Now it’s time to find out who is the second possibly eliminated contestant. Chickeze, Amanda, Kristy Lee and David C are told to stand up. Chickeze, Amanda and David C are all safe. Kristy comes down to the AI Seal of Doom and irritates us with “Eight Days a Week.” It still sucks.

During one of the most lamest moments in Idol history, Ryan takes calls from Idol viewers. I really didn’t need to know that Jason C can’t relate to Paula because she’s a girl, a six time auditioner needs to get a real job, Simon and Ryan need their very own cage match and America may have the best singers but Britain has the best judges.

Before we can get to the third possible Idol bootee, season 5’s Kat McPhee performs accompanied by crabby old David Foster. Kat, taking time off from going to the opening of envelopes, sings George Harrison’s “Something.” As expected, she sings it like a beauty pageant contestant. I can remember when season 5 winner Taylor Hicks sang this song, and it was one of his best performances. Soul Patrollers’ heads must be collectively exploding.

Okay, Jim Carrey go away. This is not about you!

It’s time to announce the third person in the bottom 3. David A, Brooke and Ramiele are safe. Hey, was that Ramiele’s BFF Danny in the audience? David H joins Syesha and Kristy Lee in the bottom three.

After a commercial break, it is finally announced who will be leaving. Syesha is safe. And for some unbelievable reason Kristy Lee is not cooked. That means Idol’s answer to Diablo Cody, David H, has been stripped of going further in the competition. He takes the news like an adult and is leaving to Ruben Studdard’s version of “Celebrate Me Home. “ I liked David a lot. I wanted to see more of him. I wish him well.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:38 AM   #695
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:24 PM
Quote:
Kat, taking time off from going to the opening of envelopes
lol. Her wedding was beautiful and so was her dress, I saw the pictures in People. Simon recently said that he never thought she could have any kind of success as a singer. Awkward much?

On one of those entertainment shows last night they said that David Archuleta's father has a stage Dad reputation and he yelled at David during the Monday rehearsals and made him cry. Allegedly when David was on Star Search his father harassed David's little girl competition and got himself banned from the set of the show.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #696
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:24 PM

Man...if Kristy Lee wasn't going to go home, then I wish she hadn't been in the bottom three so that we wouldn't have had to hear that song again.

Katharine McPhee was boring, I was really disappointed.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 03-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #697
ONE
love, blood, life

I liked Jason's answer to that question about which judge he would be. "Well...maybe Paula because she's a girl, and I could wear Randy's shoes and V-neck shirts like Simon!"
Old 03-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #698
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

i really wasnt surprised that david h was going home after his performance tuesday.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #699
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
crabby old David Foster
Too true.

I like the McPhee. I can't really explain why, because I know she's pageanty, and her CD mostly sucked, and sometimes she gets a little screechy on those high notes.

Maybe there's some secret weapon in her shiny, shiny hair that compels me to root for her.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #700
Blue Crack Addict

McPhee is hard not to like. But I agree with BC that her performance last night was a snooze. As Simon might say, it was a bit like an amateurish performance on a cruiseline. She's better than that performance, though.

I have always thought the show was cruel in many ways, one of which is when somebody like 8-days-a-week girl (sorry, still don't know names) is told basically "we hated it, it sucked, it didn't work at all" and then they have to sing it again the next night. It's humiliating.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #701
Refugee

Local Time: 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

Too true.

I like the McPhee. I can't really explain why, because I know she's pageanty, and her CD mostly sucked, and sometimes she gets a little screechy on those high notes.

Maybe there's some secret weapon in her shiny, shiny hair that compels me to root for her.

It's hypnotizing you to love her.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #702
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

lol. Her wedding was beautiful and so was her dress, I saw the pictures in People. Simon recently said that he never thought she could have any kind of success as a singer. Awkward much?

On one of those entertainment shows last night they said that David Archuleta's father has a stage Dad reputation and he yelled at David during the Monday rehearsals and made him cry. Allegedly when David was on Star Search his father harassed David's little girl competition and got himself banned from the set of the show.
I saw that show. I'm waiting for daddy dearest to get banned
Old 03-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #703
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So far this seasons AI has been pretty good. I am hoping that Brooke wins it all.

But wouldn't it be great to see this lady on the show?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #704
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Simon said something spot-on tonight.... he isn't sure they should have done The Beatles a second week in a row!!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:00 AM   #705
Blue Crack Distributor

If Kristy Lee doesn't get the boot this year, she is truly this year's Sanjaya.

I'm only halfway through, but I am hoping and praying that Amanda and Kristy Lee go tomorrow night. Amanda is HORRID.

David was great again tonight, although the talkbox was a little cringe-worthy. Dude. Are you Frampton? Or Bon Jovi?