American Idol - Season 7 - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2008, 08:43 AM   #541
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:45 AM
Good choices on the guys out, not so much the girls. Especially the first girl. Alaina is nothing special but she's better than the ghastly Amanda. Why is there one every year? You know the one, that one where you're like "WTF?" From John Peter Lowis, to Mikaila Gordon, to Sanjaya, now Amanda...

Well we're down to only 1 Jason so that eases the confusion somewhat, but I bet we have 2 David's for awhile yet.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #542
Refugee

Local Time: 06:45 AM
American Idol-The Top 20 Results Show

After a couple of abysmal nights of performance shows, results are here. Four hapless Idol wannabes will be leaving the AI stage never to be heard from again. But before we can get to the reason why we tuned in, Mom Seacrest has a question? What is up with Simon’s half-moose poses? Simon claims it’s a secret code. But obviously it’s a secret that’s not right for a family show.

Yes, the show. The show must go on. It’s the cheesy group sing. The top 20 descend the stairs from the red room of wretched waiting to sing the hits from the 1970s. Ooh, it’s painful as to be expected. To pass the time I contemplate whether the tangled mop on top of Robbie Carrico’s head is a wig and the scandalous rumor of David Hernandez’s male stripper past. Gossip sites. Gotta love’em.

Before we get to the results we get a brief overview of the boys’ performance night from the past Tuesday. I had forgotten most of them, and they should stay that way. The boys sit on the couches of judgment to await their fate. Michael Johns, Chickeze Eze, Jason Castro and Danny Noreiga are safe. Jason Yeager is leaving and not a moment too soon. I just couldn’t take him smiling and smarming through another song. During his sing out I tune into a rerun of The Office.

After a commercial break, the ladies are on the line. Kristy Lee Cook, Amanda Overmyer, Brooke White and Asia’h Epperson are safe. Alexandrea Lushinton is leaving us. Darn, just when I was going to start calling her A-Lush. And we never got to see great grandma. A-Lush leaves in good spirits and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. How sweet of her to hug David Archuleta after her sing out. Were they like totally BFF?

It’s back to the girls. Who is safe and who is going home? Carly Smithson is safe. As are Syesha Mercado and Ramiele Malubuy. Alaiana Whitaker and Kady Malloy are brought forth to the AI seal of doom. If there was any justice Kady, who gave woeful performance of “Magic Man,” would be leaving. But apparently the planets aren’t aligned correctly because Alaina is leaving us. Everyone is in shock, especially Alaina who doesn’t think she can do her sing out. She’s too upset. The remaining AI girls rally around her as she gathers up the strength to sing her swan song. Danny Noreiga cries huge tears. Wow, even I got a bit teary-eyed.

Before we get to the second boy bootee of the night, Ryan gives us the latest AI press release. On March 11 the final 12 will sing songs from the Lennon/McCartney song book. I love the Beatles but I shudder that this might be the trainwreck to end all trainwrecks. March 11 will also unveil new opening credits, a new set and an exit song by season 2 winner Ruben Studdard.

Hmm, what else? Oh yes, Idol Gives Back will air on April 9th. We are treated to last year’s highlights of Idol Gives Back fete. Ooh, OMG!!!!!! Bono!!!!!!! And did anyone see Kady jumping in her seat over the thought of Brad Pitt being on Idol Gives Back? Yea, like she’ll still be around.

Okay, back to the reason why we have tuned in. It’s time to find out the second boy to leave AI. The Davids of Hernandez, Archuleta and Cook are all safe. Luke Menard and Robbie Carrico join Ryan on the AI seal of fate. Luke is announced safe. Yes, one more week of my eye candy!!! Robbie Carrico is leaving us. Hair to today, gone tomorrow couldn’t have come fast enough for this poser.

Next week put on your leg warmers and Flashdance sweatshirts. It’s 1980s week!

Old 02-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #543
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl

Hmm, what else? Oh yes, Idol Gives Back will air on April 9th. We are treated to last year’s highlights of Idol Gives Back fete. Ooh, OMG!!!!!! Bono!!!!!!! And did anyone see Kady jumping in her seat over the thought of Brad Pitt being on Idol Gives Back? Yea, like she’ll still be around.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 02-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #544
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:45 PM
I didn't think Alaina acted entitled - I think she had a genuine reaction. Franky, I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often.

Also, going off of what looked like Kady's genuine shock, I wonder if Kady was so sure she'd be going and she'd convinced Alaina she'd be okay, so it was a bigger shock? I don't know. I felt bad for her, but am not sorry she's gone.

I'm still snickering over Robbie and his big phony rocker self being voted off. Did anyone else hear the rumor that his long rocker hair was a wig? Bwa ha haaaaa.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #545
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

My wife has been calling him "Wig Boy" since she first saw him. I asked her if maybe it's extensions and she said no, definitely wig.

I think Simon knew, too.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #546
Refugee

Local Time: 11:45 PM
I heard about the wig thing too. Too funny! Yeah, i think Kady thought it was gonna be her, so she was pretty shocked. She just barely escaped though. It's gonna be hard for her to survive next week. Same goes for Luke Perry. I'm just glad it's 80's week, so maybe the song choices will be a bit better!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #547
Refugee

I'm suspecting we'll hear the stereotypical Beatles songs for that week....and I'm not that confident how it will turn out. Hopefully they'll have a song list to choose from with a mix of stuff we wouldn't normally expect to hear. Should be some very interesting arrangements nevertheless.

Would love to see who could do a rocking version of "I've Got a Feeling".
Old 02-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #548
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I didn't think Alaina acted entitled - I think she had a genuine reaction. Franky, I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often.
I agree

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

Also, going off of what looked like Kady's genuine shock, I wonder if Kady was so sure she'd be going and she'd convinced Alaina she'd be okay, so it was a bigger shock? I don't know. I felt bad for her, but am not sorry she's gone.

I'm still snickering over Robbie and his big phony rocker self being voted off. Did anyone else hear the rumor that his long rocker hair was a wig? Bwa ha haaaaa.
I hadn't heard that. That's hilarious!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #549
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:45 AM
It was a wig. That dude was a faker and he made my skin crawl. Goodbye and good riddance.

Also...is it Tuesday yet?

Wow, I need to get a life.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #550
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

^ Yeah but he nailed Britney Spears, so there's that at least.

Re: Beatles night, all I ask is that America wise up and bounce Amanda. I predict she'll give us a hideous rendition of Helter Skelter, producing copious swearing in the CT house.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #551
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
^ Yeah but he nailed Britney Spears, so there's that at least.
Yeah, that's something to really be proud of. Well done, Phony McPhonerson!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #552
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:45 AM
Just read a small article in the USA Today paper that American Idol Is doing the Charity Show that they did last year on April 9th. A roster include Bono, Fergie, Annie Lennox & John Legend. More artists will be announced.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #553
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:45 AM
Strip club: 'Idol' once danced here

By DERRIK J. LANG, AP Entertainment Writer 14 minutes ago

"American Idol" contestant David Hernandez once entertained audiences by removing his clothes instead of singing tunes, a manager at a male strip club in Phoenix told The Associated Press.

The 24-year-old finalist from Glendale, Ariz., once worked as a stripper at Dick's Cabaret, appearing fully nude and performing lap dances for the club's "mostly male" clientele, club manager Gordy Bryan said Monday.

"He had the look and the type that people like, so he made pretty good money here," Bryan said.

It's not clear whether a history as a stripper could disqualify Hernandez from the competition. In 2003, finalist Frenchie Davis was dismissed because of her appearance on an adult Web site; but last year, Antonella Barba remained in the competition after racy photos of her surfaced on the Internet.

Fox spokeswomen Jill Hudson did not immediately return telephone calls seeking comment Monday.

According to Bryan, Hernandez steadily worked at the club for three years until September 30, 2007.

"He never renewed his licensing with the state, so he hasn't been on my roster since then," Bryan said.

Bryan said he was aware that Hernandez was a vocalist, but that Hernandez never sang at the club. Bryan said he now believes Hernandez stopped working at the club because of his participation in "American Idol." Hernandez has never been referred to as a stripper or former stripper during the Fox singing competition.

Rumors of a stripper past — along with photos of a scantily clad Hernandez working as a bartender at gay nightclub Burn — were first posted last week on VoteForTheWorst.com, a site that encourages "Idol" viewers to vote for "the bad and truly entertaining contestants."

"It was like moths to a flame," said VoteForTheWorst.com founder Dave Della Terza. "As soon as I posted that, we started getting 10, 20 letters every single day from people saying, 'Yeah, he's a stripper in Phoenix.'"

Terza and other members of VoteForTheWorst.com community scoured MySpace, Photobucket and other social networking and photo sharing sites to find information and images of Hernandez. Terza said he contacted the club to confirm the Internet chatter, but they never got back to him.

"They said they couldn't give me a statement before talking to their lawyers," said Terza.

Hernandez, who originally auditioned for "Idol" in San Diego on July 30, 2007, is in the Fox singing competition's top 16 contestants. Last week, he earned rave reviews from the judges after his performance of The Temptations' "Papa Was a Rolling Stone." He is scheduled to perform with the other male contestants on Tuesday's show.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #554
Neon Zebra

Personally, I think his past is none of America's business, but I would imagine the people at AI are very big on image.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #555
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84
Personally, I think his past is none of America's business, but I would imagine the people at AI are very big on image.
I agree. We'll get to discuss the AI double standard again though, so there's that. My guess is they end up booting him for this