American Idol - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ramblin rose said:

It almost seems like that's how she even feels. I think week after week she knows she'll be in the bottom three and can't believe it someone else leaving.

Yeah no kidding, she came walking out like "dead girl walking" with that note and all. I feel bad. She's really not that bad, certainly not sanjaya-cringe-worthy bad.

As for Ramiele I'm sad to see her go but she really hasn't been memorable for quite a while now. I think people maybe don't realize that. If the point was to vote for the person you want to go home than the worst singer would probably go each week...but with voting for your favorite, well clearly Kristy is going to have her fans, and they'll vote. It's the singer who doesn't leave any impression that's in danger. So while I long to see someone like Jason (for example) getting the axe I know he has a voting base that will vote for him weekly no matter what he does.

Oh and as for her being tiny...I noticed how small she was awhile back when she stood next to Ryan and he towered over her. One thing I did realize for the first time last night looking at the bottom 3 - Brooke has a huge head. I mean ginormous.

I DVR and then fast forward to the good parts...a full hour is ridonkulous.

The Results show is a total waste of time! Might as well spend that hour listening to much better music on itunes. :up:

American Idol-The Top Nine Results

Tuesday night the Idol wannabes sang the best of Dolly Parton. Wednesday night they learn their fate. But first Idol has to bore us with a bunch of filler. The judges are introduced. Simon has some nerve criticizing how others dress when he hasn’t met a gray sweater he doesn’t like. Paula is dressed like a slutty school secretary. And Randy is wearing Hot Topic for the Metamucil Set. But let’s get on with the show...

The contestants start off the results who by singing Dolly Parton’s hit “9 to 5,” complete with line dancing and boot scootin’. This group sing seemed like it lasted from 9 to 5. But I did enjoy the hoyay between David C and Michael. However, it might be a little too late buttering up the judges by serenading them.

After a brief glimpse of Tuesday night’s highlights, we get to the business of the results. Michael, wearing a Dolly T-shirt is safe as is David A. Carly joins Michael and David A on the sofa of safety.

Before we get to more results we have the time waster of the evening-the audience phone calls. What did we learn kids? Syesha misses her friends and family, but the Idol-ettes are her new friends so everyone else can suck it! David C wishes he was more organized. Randy want to work with this year’s winner, who may be a boy or girl. And I guess I was right about the hoyay between Michael and David C. They want to sing “Islands in the Stream” on the Idol Tour. Oh, Simon isn’t really into apologizing.

Remember “America’s Next Great Band?” (Crickets chirping). The Clark Brothers won that show and sing “This Little Heart of Mind.” Believe me everyone; you should be very happy that Light of Doom didn’t win that contest.

Now it’s time for the Ford pimpmercial. The contestants sing “It’s Tricky.” Sometimes it’s tricky for me to stay with this show just to get the results. But I did think the basketball theme was cute.

Finally, more results. After his health scare, David C doesn’t need another scare. He is safe. Ramiele is not safe, and she takes a seat on a Bedpan of Destiny. It’s a good thing Kristy Lee has her bottom three permission slip because that’s where she’s heading.

Before we get to more results we find out how Nashville is treating former Idol contestants. Bucky Covington has found success on the country charts. Phil Stacey has an album coming out. And despite some health problems, Bo Bice continues to make music.

What’s this? More results? Syesha joins the others on the Sofa of Safety. That means Brooke and Jason could join Ramiele and Kristy Lee in the bottom three. In an Idol first, Brooke takes a Bedpan of Destiny. Jason is safe.

But before we can find out who is leaving us, we have some other business to take care of. We get more info on “Idol Gives Back.” Despite my cold, black heart I got a bit misty-eyed when the two Ethiopian sisters were reunited.

Now Dolly Parton sings “Jesus and Gravity” from her latest album. She really shows the contestants how it’s done. Though I’m not feeling the song, I have nothing but respect for her long-lasting career. The Idol winner should hope to have a third of Dolly’s success.

Well, it’s about time. We finally found out who is getting the Idol boot. Ramiele, Kristy Lee and Brooke join Ryan on the Idol Seal of Doom. Wow, Ramiele is really, really short! Brooke and Kristy Lee are safe. Miss Malubay has to go bye-bye! Aww, Ramiele. I first noticed you at your audition. You thrilled me when you sang “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me.” But because she couldn’t live up to those two things, I couldn’t remain a fan. May Ramiele gain more experience and stage skills on tour. She’s going to need them.

Golightly Grrl said:
The contestants start off the results who by singing Dolly Parton’s hit “9 to 5,” complete with line dancing and boot scootin’. This group sing seemed like it lasted from 9 to 5.

:lmao:

I can't wait until the Neil Diamond week so David Cook can do the Urge Overkill version of 'Girl You'll Be A Woman Soon' and then 'de facto' claim it as his own.

Yes, that's a prediction. What will I win?

Inner El Guapo said:
I can't wait until the Neil Diamond week so David Cook can do the Urge Overkill version of 'Girl You'll Be A Woman Soon' and then 'de facto' claim it as his own.

Yes, that's a prediction. What will I win?

:lmao: You'll win my respect. Nice reference.

Urge Overkill (and El Guapo) kick all kinds of ass. Of course I just had to throw on "Sister Havana" and my neighbors thank you.

Since we're doing predictions I've got David A singing "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" and Kristy going to the well again with "America". But who jumps on "Sweet Caroline"?

Your joke about David C is lame because the Urge Overkill version is pretty much identical to the Neil Diamond version - just more guitars.

corianderstem said:
Your joke about David C is lame because the Urge Overkill version is pretty much identical to the Neil Diamond version - just more guitars.

Hey! That wasn't me... :)

It wasn't even a joke, it was a prediction.
It's only funny because some of us know how ultra lame David Cook is.

"It has more guitars"=not the same arrangement
Same song, sure.

It's more rocking, more electric guitars, more up tempo.
If it were the same arrangement there would be one electric guitar playing one melodic lick. I am listening to the NEIL version as I type. NOT THE SAME. Perhaps, subjective.

If pointing out the obviousness of a hack cheeseball rock-lite toolbag trying to ride the quickest way to fame without honing his chops on the road on his own material is lame, so be it.

Color me as lame-o as Cook himself.

:wave:

Inner El Guapo said:
If pointing out the obviousness of a hack cheeseball rock-lite toolbag trying to ride the quickest way to fame without honing his chops on the road on his own material is lame, so be it.

Um. This is American Idol. They're all hack cheeseballs singing cover songs on TV trying to be pop stars.

Are you expecting to find an honest-to-pete real rocker guy on this show? I think you're watching the wrong show.

That's why all the David bashing baffles me. It's American Idol! The judges can blather on all they want about being "original" and "making it your own" until they're blue in the face, but we're talking about a bunch of kids trying to be pop stars on TV. Singing cover songs.

I don't understand why anyone would get all hot and bothered about someone being unoriginal on this show.

I don't care if you don't like his singing, or just don't like his face, or he looked at your mom funny - but all the unoriginal, song-stealing tool stuff is just so bizarre to me, in the context of the whole idea of the darned show.

By the way - I didn't mean to imply YOU were lame. Just your jab at David. :wink:

Last edited:
No no no, I'm not expecting anything other than exactly what is on the plate. That's the only way the show is tolerable.

I like the hot girls, I like the genuine singing talent, which has been almost non existent for a couple of years. There's nothing cooler than seeing a brilliant talent. Admittedly, this show has produced basically one in 7 seasons.

I accept all of this, believe me.
I think you're defensive about David because he makes your regions twitch. Notice I didn't rail about Michael at all. It's the difference in presentations.

I don't understand why anyone would get hot and bothered about it either, who over-reacted here and why? Coriandersterm.
That's a long name to type. I bet your hot though.

The whole idea of this show is to find a singer.
A singer who can hit the notes, who can sell some records.
Ultimately, I think American Idol is fascinating because maybe we will find a freak singer, who is just off the hook, ridiculously good.
Kelly Clarkson gave us this. Amazing singer, truly, freak finding.

Turns out, it's sort of the same vibe. Year after year.
A good looking hack has some serious shelf life.

Kelly was and is not one of the 'beautiful people' (cue the manson music) but she's made a name for herself on talent.

I am much more willing to digest a hot lady who has marginal talent than some hack dude of the same cloth. Can we agree to disagree? On a different but semi-related note, have you seen Kelly Clarkson's ass? It's wonderful and huge. That thing has it's own gravitational force. It's hot though.

I am hot for corianderstem, although that might be a dude.

I'l take my chances.

Sounds hot, I bet she's Scandinavian.

Into small penises?

Okay average size.

Fuck you judgemental bastards I am out of here.

Inner El Guapo said:
I think you're defensive about David because he makes your regions twitch.

Not so much, but nice try. (Yes, I am a chick. But only a small percentage Scandinavian.)

I don't understand why anyone would get hot and bothered about it either, who over-reacted here and why? Coriandersterm.

Hey, I may claim to have learned to not get riled up over the show, but I still get riled up over people bitching about the show or contestants. I can't explain it. It's a message board, that's what we do - we get riled up about random shit.

And I'd say describing my posts here as over-reacting to be quite a stretch.

Kelly Clarkson gave us this. Amazing singer, truly, freak finding.

Agreed.

Fuck you judgemental bastards I am out of here.

... said the person who's being all judgemental about David Cook.

Up yours as well. Have a nice night! :wave:

Last edited:
Haha, I was going for the 'funny' there.

I was hoping you'd fall in love with me as well.

Small percentage Scandanavian?
That's better than nothing.

Your humor sailed over my head in my gross over-reactive state. :angry:

Love may find its way. Norwegian/German/Irish women are very forgiving. :sexywink:

Mr. El Gaupo, I'm still in vast disagreement and bafflement over your opinions on David Cook, but I'm willing to stop trying to beat you over the head with my posts and trying to make you see the light.

I'm getting too old for internet flame wars, and American Idol is the last thing I want to start one over.

Now this weirdly obsessive, over-reactive, semi-Norwegian girl is going to bed.

Goodnight, Mr. El Gaupo. I hope you dream pleasant dreams of Kelly Clarkson's luscious ass and not David Cook's combover.

you beat my ass and injured my psyche (thatsoundgood?)

I don't want an argument either,

I want you to marry me blind.

I know you'll say no. Because you're a bitch.
And the only women who get shit done are bitches.
Signed/sexist dickhole #1567

c'mon someone found this funny.

It was all supposed to be a joke.
To be funny, I have an odd sense of humor.
I'd feel horrible if corianderstem felt like I was making fun of her.
I was going for humor in general.

I love the whole thing, y'all.

Especially the hot girls.
How many of them are Scandanavian hotties. Finnish?
Icelnadic? Nordic of some sense? Corianderstem, you have a place in y heart and shelter if you need it.

Sorry folks.

So.........

Brooke White - she's got a pretty nice voice, am I wrong?

"You're not wrong, Walter, you're just an asshole"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom