American Idol - Season 7 - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2008, 05:32 PM   #436
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:56 AM
I didn't think Colton was that bad. Certainly decent enough to make it to the top 24. I thought he was a better singer than Kyle.

And hey, someone has to be among the first few to go, so it doesn't make much sense to say that someone didn't deserve to make it that far, you know?

.. upon edit, that doesn't really make sense and I don't know what I'm trying to say, I guess.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #437
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:56 AM
I'm sorry, I just love re-watching that.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #438
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:56 AM
copy and paste into browser. or click on link.

funny stuff

Old 02-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #439
Blue Crack Distributor

From mjsbigblog...

Like last week, this week’s performance shows will be taped ahead–the guys yesterday and the girls today. This week’s theme is the 70’s. And next week’s theme? You’ll never guess! Yeah, the 80’s.

Just for the record, I hate themes for the semis. It takes away the element of surprise. That first song choice can make or break a contestant, often in a really spectacular way. Narrowing their choices down to a specific genre (and a very small list of songs–50, I’m hearing) neither gives a contestant the opportunity to shine or bomb in way that makes for good TV, or a good introduction to that contestant.

There’s been lots of speculation about why TPTB decided to use themes during the semis. Here is my favorite. The deal with iTunes dictated that contestants pick songs that would be cheap and easy to clear…

But I digress. The guys performed last night, and there are some spoilers floating around the net. I’ll grab what the peeps have been posting in comments and post

Shall I post spoilers
Old 02-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #440
Blue Crack Distributor

SPOILERS

Spoilers:

David A goes last, gets a tongue bath (that’s not a spoiler) and sings “Imagine”. Here he is performing this same song on a TV show when he was 13.

Michael is first.
Jason sings second (I believe that is Castro)

Jason C and David C each play a guitar.

Danny and David A sing slow songs. Michael sings a semi-slow song. All the rest were uptempo.

About the judges comments:

Michael: Michael did good, but judges thought he picked wrong song and Simon thought it was weak

Jason C: Thought he was good, but the judges did not like it. Said that he shouldn’t have played the guitar twice in a row.

Danny: Judges said he did better this week

Chikezie: Chikeze improved a lot. Judges seemed pleased

David A: Incredible performance and the judges loved him

David H: Probably one of the best performances. Judges thought did really good

David C: Played guitar and rocked it out. Thought he did well, but cannot remember judge’s comments

Jason Y: Did not do good and the judges “bagged on him”. Judges told him he looked like a drunk guy dancing on stage

Robbie C: Thought he did good, but the judges said that he still wasnt proving to be rock

Luke: Pretty sure he did pretty good… [becca] loved it. Doesn’t remember what the judges said.

The spoilers come from IDF. A young poster there attended the taping as part of a school trip. She’s a big David Archuleta fan.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #441
ONE
love, blood, life

That was definitely Michael's weakest performance, but even his weakest was still great. "Go Your Own Way" is one of my 5 all-time favorite songs, so I might be biased. Lila, I don't get how the person who got those spoilers acquired them. The shows are live, how could she know the judges' comments and all that before the show aired?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #442
ONE
love, blood, life

Jason C. did well. I completely disagree with the judges' comments about the guitar dragging him down. It only enhances his talent. I hate the song he chose, but I still think he sang it well. Luke definitely impressed me vocally more than last week, but I think that he was just trying to be a cheap imitation of Freddie Mercury.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #443
ONE
love, blood, life

Robbie was pretty good tonight. "Hot Blooded" is a big guilty pleasure song of mine. I completely disagree with Simon and Randy's insinuations that he's inauthentic. If he was, he would've stayed in the fluffy teen pop genre where he probably would've had a much better chance at success. It took guts for him to break out of that mold, I think. As for Danny, he has one of the best vocals in the competition this year. He sounded awesome, and I have MAD love for "Superstar" The performance could've been better, but as I said I love the vocals. Also, I think Danny's my gay soulmate. I adore him x infinity.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #444
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
i thought robbie did well as well.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #445
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
the show is ok. not a huge fan of the 70's theme but the judges are harsh tonight i think.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #446
ONE
love, blood, life

David H's vocals were 100% better than last week's and he picked a great song . He's still lacking a lot in the charisma department for me though. I'm not a fan yet. Jason Y. did much better than last week. I completely disagree with the judges. He's still far, far away from being one of my favorites, but his vocals were much better than last week. I'm still not a fan of him as a performer, but I like the song, so I give him sort-of props.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #447
ONE
love, blood, life

Chikieze is the best of the night for me, and I think it'll stay that way. He rocked it! The vocals were amazing, and the song was fantastic. I love his fashion snark on Simon. David C. has mad guitar skills. The vocals were good, not great, and I'm huge fan of "All Right"
Old 02-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #448
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest
That was definitely Michael's weakest performance, but even his weakest was still great. "Go Your Own Way" is one of my 5 all-time favorite songs, so I might be biased. Lila, I don't get how the person who got those spoilers acquired them. The shows are live, how could she know the judges' comments and all that before the show aired?
According to MJSBIGBLOG, the show was pre-recorded yesterday, and the girls are being filmed tonite to air tomorrow. Don't know why... The person who reported the spoilers was apparently at the filming yesterday. That's all I know. It's not on here in the west for another 90+ minutes.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #449
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

According to MJSBIGBLOG, the show was pre-recorded yesterday, and the girls are being filmed tonite to air tomorrow. Don't know why... The person who reported the spoilers was apparently at the filming yesterday. That's all I know. It's not on here in the west for another 90+ minutes.
That's strange. It must be true because they're all spot on. I've never heard of them pre-taping before.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:28 PM   #450
ONE
love, blood, life

David A's vocals are absolutely insane. However, if you cover "Imagine" you better be damn good. David was damn amazing. My top 5 for the night
1. David A.
2 Chickieze
3. Michael
4. Danny
5. Jason C.

Michael's still my overall favorite though.