American Idol - Season 7 - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #361
The Male

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest
I REALLY would love it if Amanda, or maybe even Carly or Brooke sang "Somebody To Love" by Jefferson Airplane. I that song and I really need someone to redeem if after what Alexis Actressing Cohen did to in in the audition rounds.
White Rabbit is better. That would freak me out, baby.

Now.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #362
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

White Rabbit is better. That would freak me out, baby.
I'm a "Somebody To Love" girl. I've been known to break out into it anywhere, anytime.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #363
Refugee

Local Time: 11:54 AM
Quote:
Another awesome recap, Golightly!

But stay away from my Danny.
Aww, I'm just a jealous hater because Danny's thighs are skinnier than my upper arms. I hate when that happens.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #364
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl

Aww, I'm just a jealous hater because Danny's thighs are skinnier than my upper arms. I hate when that happens.

He is a skinny one!

I love gay guys. I'd marry one of my gay friends, Ryan or Steve, but that part about them not being attracted to me would get old after awhile.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #365
Refugee

Quote:

He is a skinny one!

I love gay guys. I'd marry one of my gay friends, Ryan or Steve, but that part about them not being attracted to me would get old after awhile.
I want to marry my friend Rian. We would have a kick ass reception, get lots of cool gifts, and we can both have boyfriends!!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #366
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I want to marry my friend Rian. We would have a kick ass reception, get lots of cool gifts, and we can both have boyfriends!!
That's a good idea!

Ryan and Steve just understand me better than any straight guy ever has.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #367
War Child

Local Time: 05:54 AM
Quote:

Robbie Carrico-”One.” Yes, one is the loneliest number. And I might be very lonely for not joining the judges’ tongue bath. Yes, Robbie can sing, but he seems like such a poser. And another DAUGHTRY!-like wallet chain? An Axl Rose-like bandanna? The Kid Rock-like hair? Yikes!!

Poser is right.

Fucking Paula Abdul......whatever drugs she's on, they are stronger than mine. Didn't both she and Fatty McDog say that he was authentic? Wow.

7 years ago-singing with Britney Spears

now=long hair and a beard and some psuedo hippy cap makes you a "rocker". This is American Idol for crissakes. None of these guys have rock credibility. Including the judges. I do agree with Cowell quite bit, he's just obnoxious, so we are kindred spirits.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #368
Refugee

Quote:

That's a good idea!

Ryan and Steve just understand me better than any straight guy ever has.
No kidding. My gay boyfriend, Rian, understands why I'm so stoked that I got tickets to "Avenue Q." Most straight guys are like, "What the fuck is that?"

On-topic: I want to sit in a corner and smoke a bowl with Jason Castro.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #369
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Quote:
On-topic: I want to sit in a corner and smoke a bowl with Jason Castro.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #370
ONE
love, blood, life

I want to go to Woodstock with Jason Castro.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #371
Acrobat

Ah, my shameful TV crack is back! I completely ignored the audition rounds this year and started watching last night. Paula's a drunken mess, Randy's still inventing adjectives, Simon is dead-on in his critiques, and Ryan is still the most competent TV host to ever annoy the shit out of me. Basically, nothing's changed.

I missed the first four contestants, but if the recap at the end is any indication, Chikeze Jacuzzi thought he was auditioning for the Pips and wore a suit so bright that it's visible from space. And someone sang "Moon River," which is the Idol equivalent of slitting your wrists onstage. Bad move, dude. Of the rest, the ones who made impressions on me, good or bad:

Robbie - The stench of "poseur" has never wafted so strongly from a contestant as it does from you. You know how a hot road in the desert gives off steam and makes everything look blurry? That's kind of what was happening here, the poseur waves were pouring off you so strongly. Fortunately for you, you've got a strong pop voice, but quit digging in Bret Michaels' closet, mmkay?

David A. - Too. Young. Kid's got pipes and I love "Shop Around," but I can't get over his age. It's like watching a high school talent show. Come back when you've hit puberty, because the Idol machine is going to chew you up and spit you out and leave you a bitter young man working as a busboy by the time you're 21.

Danny - Oh sweet christ. If Danny and Christian from Project Runway were to ever cross paths, their combined fierceness and fabulosity would rip a hole in the space/time continuum and swallow the Earth whole. God help us all.

And the theme was "Songs from the 60s," so Danny failed on two points, here: (1) Is "Jailhouse Rock" even a song, really? There are no notes in it, as far as I can tell. (2) It came out in 1957. If you make it another week, try something that'll show off your voice, princess.

Garrett - Someone get this poor kid off the show, like yesterday, and give him a damn sandwich already. He'll need years of therapy to get over this experience.

Jason C. - Against all better judgment, he was my favorite. Granted, I can play "Daydream" on guitar, and a trained chimpanzee could probably play better than I can, but the guitar was a nice touch. And I generally don't like guys who are prettier than I am, but for some reason... yeah, I dunno. It worked for me.

Michael - I should have been thrilled at the prospect of a guy who actually sounds like a man when he sings, but this struck me as competent bar-band and little else. The guy's definitely a pro onstage. Final five at least.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #372
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Allanah

Danny - Oh sweet christ. If Danny and Christian from Project Runway were to ever cross paths, their combined fierceness and fabulosity would rip a hole in the space/time continuum and swallow the Earth whole. God help us all.

Oh my gosh, Yes please! I want to be best friends with both of them.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:03 PM   #373
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:54 AM
Luke Menard looks like Orlando Bloom and Luke Perry is they were to have a baby.

+ =
Old 02-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #374
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't see Orlando Bloom, but I definitely thought Luke Perry. I had the biggest crush on him when I was little. My mom was a big Beverly Hills 90210 fan. I still think he's hot.
It's a shame American Idol's Luke gave one of my least favorite performances last night.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:25 PM   #375
Refugee

Local Time: 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Allanah
Ah, my shameful TV crack is back! I completely ignored the audition rounds this year and started watching last night. Paula's a drunken mess, Randy's still inventing adjectives, Simon is dead-on in his critiques, and Ryan is still the most competent TV host to ever annoy the shit out of me. Basically, nothing's changed.

I missed the first four contestants, but if the recap at the end is any indication, Chikeze Jacuzzi thought he was auditioning for the Pips and wore a suit so bright that it's visible from space. And someone sang "Moon River," which is the Idol equivalent of slitting your wrists onstage. Bad move, dude. Of the rest, the ones who made impressions on me, good or bad:

Robbie - The stench of "poseur" has never wafted so strongly from a contestant as it does from you. You know how a hot road in the desert gives off steam and makes everything look blurry? That's kind of what was happening here, the poseur waves were pouring off you so strongly. Fortunately for you, you've got a strong pop voice, but quit digging in Bret Michaels' closet, mmkay?

David A. - Too. Young. Kid's got pipes and I love "Shop Around," but I can't get over his age. It's like watching a high school talent show. Come back when you've hit puberty, because the Idol machine is going to chew you up and spit you out and leave you a bitter young man working as a busboy by the time you're 21.

And the theme was "Songs from the 60s," so Danny failed on two points, here: (1) Is "Jailhouse Rock" even a song, really? There are no notes in it, as far as I can tell. (2) It came out in 1957. If you make it another week, try something that'll show off your voice, princess.

Garrett - Someone get this poor kid off the show, like yesterday, and give him a damn sandwich already. He'll need years of therapy to get over this experience.

Jason C. - Against all better judgment, he was my favorite. Granted, I can play "Daydream" on guitar, and a trained chimpanzee could probably play better than I can, but the guitar was a nice touch. And I generally don't like guys who are prettier than I am, but for some reason... yeah, I dunno. It worked for me.

Michael - I should have been thrilled at the prospect of a guy who actually sounds like a man when he sings, but this struck me as competent bar-band and little else. The guy's definitely a pro onstage. Final five at least.
Spot on. Couldn't agree more. I also noticed the wrong era when that the other dude did Elvis' "Suspicious Minds". Wasn't that song released in the 70's?