American Idol - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find nothing sad-face about that. Kristy Lee is boring, but Amanda was awful. Every week she sang, I thought she got worse and worse.

(But heh, I got my edit in pretty quick - I found the eliminee on Yahoo.)

U2Fanatic4ever said:
i don't think amanda should of gone home... Kristi should of.. I just don't get it...:banghead:

What's to get? Kristy is cute and has an OK voice. Same reason you're all voting for David A. :wink:

Kristy is as bland as last week's toast, and she really, really should go next.

I think David A is bland as well - I do not get why he's been annointed as The Chosen One this year.

I really couldn't believe Carly was in the bottom three. That was the big surprise. I would have been happy with Amanda or Kristy going home. Maybe this will be her last hurrah and she can still get to go on the tour being in the top 10.

I agree with cori about David A. He's got a good voice, but that ain't everything.

As for next weeks theme, I don't think they said on the show. They just mentioned some of the mentors: Mariah Carey, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Neil Diamond, and Dolly Parton. I thought I read somewhere that it was top 100 or top itunes songs :scratch: I can't remember...

U2isthebest said:
Congrats America, you've once again proved you're the dumbest nation on earth.:|

I'm probably wrong and there have been exceptions- but I think on AI when it comes down to the women, the one perceived by more of the audience to be "cuter" will stay, at least until her cuteness can't win out over her talent. Amanda was the same thing week after week, but I would still rather listen to her than Kristy's imitation of Jessica Simpson goes country, or whatever that is that she's doing. I think Carly being in the bottom three is a total joke. I guess people think Ramiele is cute. I don't get her at all. Attractiveness is a factor for the guys too, but maybe not as much.

corianderstem said:
America, you got it right. I :heart: you.

:up: :up: :up: And did you notice none of the usual boo-hooing at the elimination? I thought Amanda seemed pretty cool (still didn't like her singing) but judging by her fellow Idols' reaction maybe not.

corianderstem said:

I think David A is bland as well - I do not get why he's been annointed as The Chosen One this year.

:up: again. I think I love you :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:

I'm probably wrong and there have been exceptions- but I think on AI when it comes down to the women, the one perceived by more of the audience to be "cuter" will stay, at least until her cuteness can't win out over her talent. Amanda was the same thing week after week, but I would still rather listen to her than Kristy's imitation of Jessica Simpson goes country, or whatever that is that she's doing. I think Carly being in the bottom three is a total joke. I guess people think Ramiele is cute. I don't get her at all. Attractiveness is a factor for the guys too, but maybe not as much.

I think you see the "cute" thing with guys a lot. I think Jason is getting more votes because he's oh-so-dreamy :rolleyes: and we've seen that in the past (Cory Clark, John Peter Lewis etc). But I agree Kristy being cute is keeping her alive, though I think she's done next week barring a miraculously good performance.

And yes, Carly in the bottom is just insane.

American Idol-The Top 11 Results

Hey kids, it’s Wednesday night on Idol and we all know what that means-50 minutes of filler and 10 minutes of actual eliminations. Let’s get to business.

First, Idol has some major mentor news. Dolly Parton, Mariah Carey, Andrew Lloyd Weber and Neil Diamond will all be on board to guide the contestants during different theme weeks. I guess that means the Idol hopefuls will get to butcher country music, R & B pop, Broadway show tunes, and the oldies. Lucky us.

What else? Oh yes. Remember last year’s Idol coronation song “This is My Ow?” Oops, I mean “This is My Now.” Once again, Idol is sponsoring a songwriting contest for wannabe Diane Warrens to write the Idol coronation song for season 7. Gee, how many ways can you write about destiny, pride, inspiration and rainbows?

Now it’s time for one of the most under-whelming AI medleys I have ever witnessed. Yes, I know the group sings are completely cheesy but show some damn enthusiasm. And was Ramiele’s microphone turned off or was it just my TV?

After the Beatles medley we get a brief overview of the previous night’s performances. Those who are deemed safe and in the top ten will get to sit on some crushed velvet couches. Gee, I guess Graceland had a garage sale. The bottom three get to sit on the bed pans of destiny.

Brooke, Carly, David A and Michael are summoned to the Idol Seal of Doom. Brooke, David A and Michael are declared safe. In an Idol shocker, Carly is in the bottom three. Apparently, she didn’t have the luck of the Irish. She takes a seat on a bed pan of destiny.

After a brief commercial break, we get to see the making of a pimpmercial, which turns out to be very inspired by Ed Wood. The Idols sing the Clash classic “Should I Stay or Should I Go?” Another favorite band of mine gets murdered Idol-style.

Back to finding out who is in the top ten (and gets to go on tour) and who is in the bottom three. David C and his spit curl are safe, as are Jason and Ramiele. Kristy Lee is in familiar territory-the bottom three. Personally, I think Idol should engrave her name on one of the bed pans of destiny.

Before we can get back to announcing who is safe and who is not, we have to deal with some lame Idol business. Ryan is taking our calls. We find out Simon doesn’t spend a lot on clothes because he’s not egotistical like Ryan. However, Simon does have good things about kissing Paula. Hmm, maybe because her kisses taste like chocolate martinis. The last song Ramiele downloaded was R. Kelly’s “I’m a Flirt.” And Michael Johns thinks he peaked in Hollywood. Truer words were never spoken.

Hey remember season five’s Kellie Pickler? She’s back and she’s brought her new “shoes” with her. Speaking of shoes, she sings her country hit “Red High Heels.” Well, at least she doesn’t put me to sleep like Kat McPhee did last week. And I love her dress.

Before the final person with the lowest votes is announced, we learn some important information about “Idol Gives Back.” We also get to see Fantasia and Elliott Yamin tour Angola and pass out nets to help fight off malaria. Fanstasia sings “Amazing Grace” and Elliott gets to meet his namesake, baby Elliott. I don’t know which Elliott is more precious.

Okay, finally we find out who is the last person in the bottom three. Syesha and Chickezie are safe and join their buds on Elvis’ couches. Amanda joins Carly and Kristy Lee in the bottom three. All of them stand on the Idol Seal of Doom. Carly is announced safe and nearly has a nervous breakdown. Kristy Lee must be made of Teflon (just who is voting for her?) and is also safe. That means Amanda is leaving us. I guess “Vote for the Worst” couldn’t save her. Yep, you can tell being voted off is really destroying her. It’s probably a good thing America got rid of her before Broadway week. Can you imagine her rasping her way through “Everything’s Coming Up Roses?” Shudder.

corianderstem said:

I agree...although I will give David credit for being a much better singer than Kristy Lee. Still though...boring. :sigh:

I felt sorry for Amanda going before Kristy Lee. Even though Amanda was really predictable, and it was the same thing each week, she is more talented than Kristy Lee. I think it's a bummer that Amanda won't get to go on the tour, but Kristy Lee will. Not that I'll be going to see any show on said tour, but I'm just saying.

I was kind of happy that Carly was on the bottom because it just reinforces that nobody is safe, and you have to be very careful with selecting songs. Yes, Carly sang "Blackbird" well, she has a fabulous voice...but it was boring.

Bonochick said:

I felt sorry for Amanda going before Kristy Lee. Even though Amanda was really predictable, and it was the same thing each week, she is more talented than Kristy Lee. I think it's a bummer that Amanda won't get to go on the tour, but Kristy Lee will. Not that I'll be going to see any show on said tour, but I'm just saying.

I agree. I won't see the tour either but if I did I bet Amanda would be a lot more fun to see than Kristy Lee.

Kristy Lee :down: :tsk: Amanda is genuine--take or leave her--she is herself. I want Carly to win. I was shocked to see her in the bottom 3.

I absolutely love Amanda. I would buy her album or go see her in a heartbeat. I think most of America has forgotten what an authentic rock singer is.

David Cook, I'm looking your way.:| I like the guy's voice, and what he did with "Hello" a few weeks ago was absolutely brilliant, but I was not feeling his metal version of "Day Tripper" this week. I'm afraid if he wins, he'd just become a lower-rent Daughtry who is already a low-rent Nickleback who are a low-rent version of....suckitude.

Am I the only lame one who LOL'ed last night during the viewer call-in segment when Simon said he'd do a sequel to the kiss thing with Paula, and Ryan replies "We've got time now. You can at least get to second base.":lmao: Yeah, I thought so.:reject:

I don't think Amanda's a phony - she seems really cool, but honestly, singers like her are a dime-a-dozen, all found in bar bands and karaoke bars.

I'm still surprised she made it as far as she did. :shrug:

I stand corrected: Next week's theme is songs from the years the contestants were born. Archuleta is '90'. I would give anything to hear him bust out "Poison" by Bell Biv Devoe.:laugh:

Never trust a big butt and a smile :)

There's so many choices though, and he's actually already sang one I think...

Top 100 hits of 1990

1. Hold On, Wilson Phillips
2. It Must Have Been Love, Roxette
3. Nothing Compares 2 U, Sinead O'Connor
4. Poison, Bell Biv Devoe
5. Vogue, Madonna
6. Vision Of Love, Mariah Carey
7. Another Day In Paradise, Phil Collins
8. Hold On, En Vogue
9. Cradle Of Love, Billy Idol
10. Blaze Of Glory, Jon Bon Jovi
11. Do Me!, Bell Biv Devoe
12. How Am I Supposed To Live Without You, Michael Bolton
13. Pump Up The Jam, Technotronic
14. Opposites Attract, Paula Abdul
15. Escapade, Janet Jackson
16. All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You, Heart
17. Close To You, Maxi Priest
18. Black Velvet, Alannah Myles
19. Release Me, Wilson Phillips
20. Don't Know Much, Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville
21. All Around The World, Lisa Stansfield
22. l Wanna Be Rich, Calloway
23. I Remember You, Skid Row
24. Rub You The Right Way, Johnny Gill
25. She Ain't Worth It, Glenn Medeiros Featuring Bobby Brown
26. If Wishes Came True, Sweet Sensation
27. The Power, Snap
28. (Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection, Nelson
29. Love Will Lead You Back, Taylor Dayne
30. Don't Wanna Fall In Love, Jane Child
31. Two To Make It Right, Seduction
32. Sending All My Love, Linear
33. Unskinny Bop, Poison
34. Step By Step, New Kids On The Block
35. Dangerous, Roxette
36. We Didn't Start The Fire, Billy Joel
37. I Don't Have The Heart, James Ingram
38. Downtown Train, Rod Stewart
39. Rhythm Nation, Janet Jackson
40. I'll Be Your Everything, Tommy Page
41. Roam, B-52's
42. Everything, Jody Watley
43. Back To Life, Soul II Soul
44. Here and Now, Luther Vandross
45. Alright, Janet Jackson
46. Ice Ice Baby, Vanilla Ice
47. Blame It On The Rain, Milli Vanilli
48. Have You Seen Her, M.C. Hammer
49. With Every Beat Of My Heart, Taylor Dayne
50. Come Back To Me, Janet Jackson
51. No More Lies, Michel'le
52. Praying For Time, George Michael
53. How Can We Be Lovers, Michael Bolton
54. Do You Remember, Phil Collins
55. Ready Or Not, After 7
56. U Can't Touch This, M.C. Hammer
57. I Wish It Would Rain Down, Phil Collins
58. Just Between You and Me, Lou Gramm
59. Something Happened On The Way To Heaven, Phil Collins
60. Black Cat, Janet Jackson
61. Can't Stop, After 7
62. Janie's Got A Gun, Aerosmith
63. The Humpty Dance, Digital Underground
64. I'll Be Your Shelter, Taylor Dayne
65. Free Fallin', Tom Petty
66. Giving You The Benefit, Pebbles
67. Enjoy The Silence, Depeche Mode
68. Love Song, Tesla
69. Price Of Love, Bad English
70. Girls Nite Out, Tyler Collins
71. King Of Wishful Thinking, Go West
72. What Kind Of Man Would I Be?, Chicago
73. Get Up! (Before The Night Is Over), Technotroic
74. Here We Are, Gloria Estefan
75. Epic, Faith No More
76. Love Takes Time, Mariah Carey
77. Just Like Jesse James, Cher
78. Love Shack, B-52's
79. All Or Nothing, Milli Vanilli
80. Romeo, Dino
81. Everybody Everybody, Black Box
82. I Go To Extremes, Billy Joel
83. Whip Appeal, Babyface
84. Oh Girl, Paul Young
85. C'mon and Get My Love, D-Mob With Cathy Dennis
85. (It's Just) The Way That You Love Me, Paula Abdul
87. We Can't Go Wrong, Cover Girls
88. When I'm Back On My Feet Again, Michael Bolton
89. Make You Sweat, Keith Sweat
90. This One's For The Children, New Kids On The Block
91. What It Takes, Aerosmith
92. Forever, Kiss
93. Jerk Out, Time
94. Just A Friend, Biz Markie
95. Whole Wide World, A'me Lorain
96. Without You, Motley Crue
97. Swing The Mood, Jive Bunny and The Mastermixers
98. Thieves In The Temple, Prince
99. Mentirosa, Mellow Man Ace
100. Tic-Tac-Toe, Kyper

Personally I'd go with Janie's Got A Gun, at least it might not be boring...

What year was Michael born in? He's 29 (as of when, I don't know). Here's 1979's hits

1. My Sharona, The Knack
2. Bad Girls, Donna Summer
3. Le Freak, Chic
4. Da Ya Think I'm Sexy, Rod Stewart
5. Reunited, Peaches and Herb
6. I Will Survive, Gloria Gaynor
7. Hot Stuff, Donna Summer
8. Y.M.C.A., Village People
9. Ring My Bell, Anita Ward
10. Sad Eyes, Robert John
11. Too Much Heaven, Bee Gees
12. MacArthur Park, Donna Summer