American Idol - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, I forgot Blake was on tonight. Guess I'll watch it anyway.

I'm not bummed to see Asia'h go. She didn't do it for me. I don't mind that Danny is gone - didn't love him.

I guess I'm one of the few at least on this site who really, really likes David Hernandez. I think he's worlds better than the overhyped David A.

I'll be alone in my little corner with that opinion. :wink:

Wow, I cannot believe all the whiny comments I'm seeing elsewhere. "America voted off Danny because OMG THEY HATE TEH GAYS!!!!!"

Um.

Maybe they just don't like his singing. I didn't think he was all that great. And yeah, of course lots of shitty singers make it through far past their sell-by date, and yeah, people vote for people for all sorts of stupid-ass reasons, but COME ON.

I don't think Danny had a good solid performance for the last 3 weeks. Bad song choices. That doesn't help matters. Such is life...

I'm a little bummed Danny is gone. He was a hell of a lot more entertaining than some of the people that made it through.

I still hate Amanda.

And I was happy Kristy Lee made it because, well, she's REALLY hot. Pardon my shallowness please.

Also, I think that Luke singing Wake me up before you Go Go might be the worst thing that has ever happened on this show in 7 years. :no: Seriously cringeworthy stuff there.

Bring on the big stage! I'm pumped for the top 12...

corianderstem said:
Wow, I cannot believe all the whiny comments I'm seeing elsewhere. "America voted off Danny because OMG THEY HATE TEH GAYS!!!!!"

Um.

Maybe they just don't like his singing. I didn't think he was all that great. And yeah, of course lots of shitty singers make it through far past their sell-by date, and yeah, people vote for people for all sorts of stupid-ass reasons, but COME ON.

Yeah no kidding. Personally I'm thinking he's gone because he kinda, um, sucks. I mean, he's better than Luke, but Luke is off too. If it was all about gay don't people think David H would get voted off for giving guys lap dances? People just like to whine.

I thought America got it 75% right tonight, keeping boring Kristy with her sour note over Asia'h was a poor choice but the girls know the risks going in when they choose to sing Whitney (or Celine or Christina or whoever) songs. She tried to shoot the moon and crapped out. She wasn't going to win anyway.

With all the talk about song choices what would you guys sing, if it was you? Personally I think the 80s theme had tons of great opportunities, and I thought the idols overally didn't make the greatest picks. But they're young and didn't live through the 80s so I think that's understandable.

(and yes I know giving lap dances to guys doesn't mean he's gay - before somebody yells at me)

American Idol-The Top 12 are Announced

After a couple weeks of getting rid of Idol cannon fodder like Garret Haley and Amy Davis (uh, who, you ask) we have finally arrived to the announcement of the top 12. But first we must endure a performance by season 6 finalist Blake Lewis. Blake sings “How Many Words.” Well, I’ve got five. I Don’t Like This Song. Was Blake’s beatboxing as irritating last year as it was during his performance?

Okay, Blake’s done. I’m sure he hopes his performance raises his dismal CD sales. But I can’t contemplate that right now. 36 million Americans with no lives whatsoever voted for their favorite contestants. And we find out that Paula’s single is the number 1 downloaded video on iTunes. Simon can’t turn to Paula to say congratulations. Well, in her state, I doubt Paula can say congratulations either.

Now it’s time to announce the finalists. There are sixteen contestants but only twelve will sit on the bed pans of destiny. The guys are up first. David Cook is a finalist as is David Archuleta. David A? Well, I didn’t see that coming. Jason Castro is also in the top 12. Wow, I bet he hasn’t been this stoked since he bagged some killer weed and played hacky-sack totally baked.

Now we’re going to announce the names of some top 12 girls. One of my favorites, Brooke White, is a finalist, as is Syesha Mercado. However, it is the end of the line for Kady Malloy. Good riddance. I won’t miss her bitch face or her lack of stage presence.

Before we get to know who else is going to sit on the bedpans of destiny Ryan announces that starting next week, we can call during the show to tell America our thoughts on the show and the contestants. Yea, that’s going to go well.

Now it’s back to the guys. David Hernandez has not been stripped of his place in the top 12. Michael Johns is also a finalist. Luke Mernard, wearing a shirt to rival the ugliness of the shirt that Randy wore this past Tuesday, is not in the top 12. His prettiness could not carry him to Idol victory. But thanks for showing off your muscular arms, Luke.

Hmm, what about the remaining girls? Ramiele Malubay, Carly Smithson and Amanda Overmyer are in the top 12. Kristy Lee Cook and Asia’h Epperson are summoned by Ryan to the AI seal of doom. Asia’h is going home. My apostrophe key thanks all of America.

Now it’s time for the remaining guys to learn their fate. Danny Noreiga and Chickeze Eze join Ryan on the AI seal of doom. Chickeze is the final contestant to be announced as a member of the top 12 club. Danny, who has been TMTH throughout his Idol tenure, makes his sing out fierce!! His BFF Ramiele has a near nervous breakdown. Aw, I understand. I wanted to make Danny my gay boyfriend, too.

So ladies and gentlemen, here are your top 12 American Idol contestants.

1. David Archuleta
2. Jason Castro
3. David Cook
4. Kristy Lee Cook
5. Chickeze Eze
6. David Hernandez
7. Michael Johns
8. Ramiele Malubay
9. Syesha Mercado
10. Amanda Overmyer
11. Carly Smithson
12. Brooke White

Any thoughts other than what the hell has Paula been on this week?

Danny is a great singer, but his personality grates me majorly. He is just so snarky...I can't stand it. For that, I'm glad that he's gone. I expected Kady and Luke to be gone, but I'm surprised that Asia'h is gone. I didn't think her performance was spectacular, but she deserved to stay around longer.

corianderstem said:
I'm not bummed to see Asia'h go. She didn't do it for me. I don't mind that Danny is gone - didn't love him.

I guess I'm one of the few at least on this site who really, really likes David Hernandez. I think he's worlds better than the overhyped David A.

I'll be alone in my little corner with that opinion. :wink:

You're not alone. I agree that David H has one of the strongest voices in the competition. He lacks a little bit in personality, but hopefully he can step that up.

Not sad to see Asi'ah go either. She was ok, but nothing spectacular. And Danny 100% needed to go. He's had 3 weeks to impress and he didn't. Chickezie and David deserved that Top 12 spot more than Danny did.

Overall, i'm happy with the top 12. Kristy Lee got lucky... for the last 3 weeks. I predict she'll be gone by Top 10.

I thought Blake's performance was a little on the bad side last night, which was a bummer. I like that song a lot, though. But I prefer it on the album, where there's less beat boxing.

Paula's trainwreck rating has been on the rise this season IMO. No pretty.

Anyone have a guess at how many girls are bounced before a guy goes home? I'm going with 2 girls out before we lose our first guy.

I'm really hoping Kristy Lee is the first one out. She shouldn't have made the top 24.:huh: Now that my Danny is gone, I'm really becoming a bigger fan of Jason C., and I'm really taking notice of David Cook. I think he could be a major dark horse. I'm hoping Michael, Jason, and David all go really far.

I just found out that Jason was on that MTV reality show "Cheyenne" that was on a few years back. He was her boyfriend or her older sister's boyfriend or something. Now that I think back on it, I really do remember him being on there. Weird.

I remember hearing about that, but had never heard of ths show.

I look at Jason with his dreads and his demeanor on stage, and I totally cannot even imagine him in one of those ridiculous shows on MTV.

^He already had the dreads on. Her show actually wasn't that bad. It basically was just about her, Cheyenne, working on her debut album and moving to L.A. with her family, that was actually normal.:ohmy: She seemed like a really down-to-earth and talented kid. She wrote all of her own songs and played the guitar and she wasn't half bad for 15 or 16, whichever she was then. It's a shame her album didn't do better, but I guess people aren't interested in you if you're not a slut. I looked into it, and he was her boyfriend. The way he talks they've broken up now.

corianderstem said:
Michael Johns. :)

Yeah him. Reminds me of that Boner guy, ya know the guy from INXS...he sang that song "In a Big Country"? [/Randy Jackson]

So, I was perusing videos of some of the AI contestants on Youtube, and I found out that Jason sings in the worship band at his church. Is it terrible that I think that revelation makes the weed jokes slightly ironic?:lol:

according to MJs Big Blog...

Here is what Nigel Had to Say about Beatles week:

Now that the Idol finally has use of the entire songbook — which includes 180 tunes — Lythgoe knows just when to use them.

“When the Top 12 sing for the first time this season, it will be the music of Lennon and McCartney,” he told Seacrest. “We’ve given them a list because it’s all of the early songs — from ‘I Want to Hold Your Hand’ to ‘Got to Get You Into My Life.’ These fantastic songs. It’s one of the few areas that everybody knows.”

The list ends with Revolver–nothing from Sgt Pepper onnward…

Also according to EW.Com:

During last week's Top 12 party, EW.com caught up with American Idol vocal coach Debra Byrd and executive producer Nigel Lythgoe, and politely grilled them with some pressing questions from this year's season so far.

How big is the list of songs the contestants get to choose from?
BYRD: Well, it depends on the genre. It narrows down when there's a theme. I've never counted, but, for instance, [with this week's] songs, [from the Lennon-McCartney songbook], there's only 25 to choose from.

Whoa. So if people choose the same songs, how does it get resolved?
BYRD: Lythgoe and Ken Warwick said [that for] the [semifinal] phase of the competition that we just ended, a guy can pick a song and a female can pick [the same] song, but two guys or two women can't do it on the same day. Now that they've come together, all that's gone. So you've got to figure something else out — flip a coin or draw a name out of a hat.

How is Lennon/McCartney week shaking out for the contestants?
BYRD: It's quite interesting for them, because a lot of them don't know those songs. It's hard for a contestant when they know four Beatles songs and all four are taken. I've had that happen. It becomes extra work.

So why brag about the "Beatles catalog" finally coming to American Idol if you are only allowing 25 songs for the 12 contestants to choose from? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom