American Idol - Season 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2isthebest said:
I REALLY would love it if Amanda, or maybe even Carly or Brooke sang "Somebody To Love" by Jefferson Airplane. I :heart: that song and I really need someone to redeem if after what Alexis Actressing Cohen did to in in the audition rounds.

White Rabbit is better. That would freak me out, baby. :heart:

Golightly Grrl said:

Aww, I'm just a jealous hater because Danny's thighs are skinnier than my upper arms. I hate when that happens.

:lol: He is a skinny one!

I love gay guys. I'd marry one of my gay friends, Ryan or Steve, but that part about them not being attracted to me would get old after awhile.:(

U2isthebest said:

:lol: He is a skinny one!

I love gay guys. I'd marry one of my gay friends, Ryan or Steve, but that part about them not being attracted to me would get old after awhile.:(
I want to marry my friend Rian. We would have a kick ass reception, get lots of cool gifts, and we can both have boyfriends!!

Golightly Grrl said:

I want to marry my friend Rian. We would have a kick ass reception, get lots of cool gifts, and we can both have boyfriends!!

That's a good idea!:hi5:

Ryan and Steve just understand me better than any straight guy ever has.:sigh:

Golightly Grrl said:

Robbie Carrico-”One.” Yes, one is the loneliest number. And I might be very lonely for not joining the judges’ tongue bath. Yes, Robbie can sing, but he seems like such a poser. And another DAUGHTRY!-like wallet chain? An Axl Rose-like bandanna? The Kid Rock-like hair? Yikes!!

Poser is right.

Fucking Paula Abdul......whatever drugs she's on, they are stronger than mine. Didn't both she and Fatty McDog say that he was authentic? Wow.

7 years ago-singing with Britney Spears

now=long hair and a beard and some psuedo hippy cap makes you a "rocker". This is American Idol for crissakes. None of these guys have rock credibility. Including the judges. I do agree with Cowell quite bit, he's just obnoxious, so we are kindred spirits.

U2isthebest said:

That's a good idea!:hi5:

Ryan and Steve just understand me better than any straight guy ever has.:sigh:
No kidding. My gay boyfriend, Rian, understands why I'm so stoked that I got tickets to "Avenue Q." Most straight guys are like, "What the fuck is that?"

On-topic: I want to sit in a corner and smoke a bowl with Jason Castro.

Ah, my shameful TV crack is back! I completely ignored the audition rounds this year and started watching last night. Paula's a drunken mess, Randy's still inventing adjectives, Simon is dead-on in his critiques, and Ryan is still the most competent TV host to ever annoy the shit out of me. Basically, nothing's changed.

I missed the first four contestants, but if the recap at the end is any indication, Chikeze Jacuzzi thought he was auditioning for the Pips and wore a suit so bright that it's visible from space. And someone sang "Moon River," which is the Idol equivalent of slitting your wrists onstage. Bad move, dude. Of the rest, the ones who made impressions on me, good or bad:

Robbie - The stench of "poseur" has never wafted so strongly from a contestant as it does from you. You know how a hot road in the desert gives off steam and makes everything look blurry? That's kind of what was happening here, the poseur waves were pouring off you so strongly. Fortunately for you, you've got a strong pop voice, but quit digging in Bret Michaels' closet, mmkay?

David A. - Too. Young. Kid's got pipes and I love "Shop Around," but I can't get over his age. It's like watching a high school talent show. Come back when you've hit puberty, because the Idol machine is going to chew you up and spit you out and leave you a bitter young man working as a busboy by the time you're 21.

Danny - Oh sweet christ. If Danny and Christian from Project Runway were to ever cross paths, their combined fierceness and fabulosity would rip a hole in the space/time continuum and swallow the Earth whole. God help us all.

And the theme was "Songs from the 60s," so Danny failed on two points, here: (1) Is "Jailhouse Rock" even a song, really? There are no notes in it, as far as I can tell. (2) It came out in 1957. If you make it another week, try something that'll show off your voice, princess.

Garrett - Someone get this poor kid off the show, like yesterday, and give him a damn sandwich already. He'll need years of therapy to get over this experience.

Jason C. - Against all better judgment, he was my favorite. Granted, I can play "Daydream" on guitar, and a trained chimpanzee could probably play better than I can, but the guitar was a nice touch. And I generally don't like guys who are prettier than I am, but for some reason... yeah, I dunno. It worked for me.

Michael - I should have been thrilled at the prospect of a guy who actually sounds like a man when he sings, but this struck me as competent bar-band and little else. The guy's definitely a pro onstage. Final five at least.

Allanah said:

Danny - Oh sweet christ. If Danny and Christian from Project Runway were to ever cross paths, their combined fierceness and fabulosity would rip a hole in the space/time continuum and swallow the Earth whole. God help us all.

Oh my gosh, Yes please!:hyper: :faint: I want to be best friends with both of them.:drool:

Luke Menard looks like Orlando Bloom and Luke Perry is they were to have a baby. :giggle:

ss_070227_twics_06_widec.jpg
+
LukePerry_150.jpg
=
luke-menard-01-2008-02-19.jpg

I don't see Orlando Bloom, but I definitely thought Luke Perry. I had the biggest crush on him when I was little. My mom was a big Beverly Hills 90210 fan.:lol: I still think he's hot.:drool:
It's a shame American Idol's Luke gave one of my least favorite performances last night.

Allanah said:
Ah, my shameful TV crack is back! I completely ignored the audition rounds this year and started watching last night. Paula's a drunken mess, Randy's still inventing adjectives, Simon is dead-on in his critiques, and Ryan is still the most competent TV host to ever annoy the shit out of me. Basically, nothing's changed.

I missed the first four contestants, but if the recap at the end is any indication, Chikeze Jacuzzi thought he was auditioning for the Pips and wore a suit so bright that it's visible from space. And someone sang "Moon River," which is the Idol equivalent of slitting your wrists onstage. Bad move, dude. Of the rest, the ones who made impressions on me, good or bad:

Robbie - The stench of "poseur" has never wafted so strongly from a contestant as it does from you. You know how a hot road in the desert gives off steam and makes everything look blurry? That's kind of what was happening here, the poseur waves were pouring off you so strongly. Fortunately for you, you've got a strong pop voice, but quit digging in Bret Michaels' closet, mmkay?

David A. - Too. Young. Kid's got pipes and I love "Shop Around," but I can't get over his age. It's like watching a high school talent show. Come back when you've hit puberty, because the Idol machine is going to chew you up and spit you out and leave you a bitter young man working as a busboy by the time you're 21.

And the theme was "Songs from the 60s," so Danny failed on two points, here: (1) Is "Jailhouse Rock" even a song, really? There are no notes in it, as far as I can tell. (2) It came out in 1957. If you make it another week, try something that'll show off your voice, princess.

Garrett - Someone get this poor kid off the show, like yesterday, and give him a damn sandwich already. He'll need years of therapy to get over this experience.

Jason C. - Against all better judgment, he was my favorite. Granted, I can play "Daydream" on guitar, and a trained chimpanzee could probably play better than I can, but the guitar was a nice touch. And I generally don't like guys who are prettier than I am, but for some reason... yeah, I dunno. It worked for me.

Michael - I should have been thrilled at the prospect of a guy who actually sounds like a man when he sings, but this struck me as competent bar-band and little else. The guy's definitely a pro onstage. Final five at least.

Spot on. Couldn't agree more. I also noticed the wrong era when that the other dude did Elvis' "Suspicious Minds". Wasn't that song released in the 70's?

Dude's a hottie.

I liked hearing the little clip of him singing "Bend and Break" by Keane at his initial audition. Love that song.

Too bad he's probably out like Outy McOuterson tonight. :(

I don't think he will be out tonight based soley on his looks....I think it will be either Chick-eaze or Peter Frampton Jr. tonight:wink:

Daddysgonnapay said:
I don't think he will be out tonight based soley on his looks....I think it will be either Chick-eaze or Peter Frampton Jr. tonight:wink:

No one's out tonight. The girls are singing. :wink:

And don't forget, 2 guys and 2 girls are out tomorrow.

I see your point. Maybe he got some female votes... maybe some ex-90210 watchers?

Definitely Leif Garrett/Peter Frampton has to go! I think if Luke Perry gets saved tonight, then Moon River dude will go.

ultravioletluvv said:
I see your point. Maybe he got some female votes... maybe some ex-90210 watchers?

Definitely Leif Garrett/Peter Frampton has to go! I think if Luke Perry gets saved tonight, then Moon River dude will go.

I'm hoping it's Moon River/Jason Y and Luke, as gorgeous as he is. Both of their performances bored me to to tears. Garrett/Frampton wasn't great, but he deserves another chance, I think.

The sad thing is i can't even remember who Jason Y is... So based on that fact alone, he should probably go home tonight.

He's the dude I wanted to like, but he sang Moon River. I mean... just .... why. WHY??? Why would you pick that song?

That's funny. I remember Moon River, but don't remember his name. Yep, he totally blew it with that song... and he dedicated it to his grandma? He should have known better.

Did anyone else notice that Carly Smithson was not there with the other girls last night? I wondered if all the controversy made them give her the boot. But then i saw they've been promoting her on commericals, so who knows.

I'm not sure whether all this publicity will help or hurt her. I guess we'll find out.

I noticed that as well. I hope they don't disqualify her, because it wouldn't be fair to bring her all this way and then cave to pressure and tell her "oh, sorry, you can't be in it."

And then they'd have to boot the other people who had record deals in the past, so I don't think she's going anywhere, at least as fas as the powers-that-be have anything to do with it.

Yeah, i don't think they can boot her. Taylor Hicks had an album out before he did AI. And i'm sure there are plenty more people who did also.

I can understand the difference between Taylor and Carly, though. Taylor wasn't signed to a label (I don't think - wasn't his album self-released, or independently released?), and Carly was.

But they can't start nitpicking like that - their best bet is to leave things as is, which is that they can't be signed when they audition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom