American Idol - Season 7 - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #166
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:07 AM
if that homeless dude hadn't gotten a chance, i was gonna get teary eyed
Simon has been SO nice this season so far...what is up with THAT?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #167
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:07 AM
I think they actually listened to the criticisms about them being too mean last year.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #168
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddysgonnapay
Simon has been SO nice this season so far...what is up with THAT?
Do you want them to be mean?

I think it's in really bad taste to be as mean as they are... literally laughing in the faces of people singing!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #169
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
Here's my theory, and why I don't feel too bad for many of these auditioners: This show has been on for 6 seasons now. People know what the deal is.

Now, granted - there are people who are a little unrealistic about the limits of their talent (i.e., karaoke girl with model hubby). I would imagine there are a few people who may actually be a bit mentally ill/unbalanced/what-have-you.

But I would guess the vast majority of those set up to look ridiculous are fully aware of what they're putting themselves into. I think a lot of them are putting on an act and have a great poker face.

I'm torn about Mr. Vocal Warm Up Bon Jovi - I'd like to think he's in on the joke and has a great poker face. But then I wonder - are there people who are actually THAT delusional about their singing ability? And who have no friends or family who care enough for some brutal honesty and to save them from becoming a national laughingstock?

I tend to lean to the side that thinks it's a total put-on. Maybe it's just me. But these folks all are aware of American Idol - I would put money on a bet that says no one who is auditioning isn't aware of what the show is.

So I don't feel too bad about watching a show that puts these people on TV for us to laugh at.

On the flip side, you have those who just make you feel sad, like Temptress. I think she was for real, and I think the judges did, too. If they thought she was putting them on, they wouldn't have been so nice to her, I think.
Quoting myself, to repeat why I don't feel bad for most of the people on this show.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #170
Blue Crack Supplier

Okay but what do you to say to my point about that first guy who sang Queen's Don't Stop Me Now. He sang with such passion and almost sounded exactly like Freddie Mercury and they told him to turn his back to the camera. How rude and childish! Idiots!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #171
Blue Crack Distributor

See other thread.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #172
Blue Crack Supplier

Yup I just did. Okay, fair enough. lol
Old 02-05-2008, 09:38 PM   #173
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:07 AM
Simon has been awesome this year. One minute he's the snide jerk we've come to know and love - "My pen has more charisma than you..." - and the next minute he's warmer and more sincere than we've ever seen him.

The blonde pageant girl Brooke looks like she might be our requisite sexpot this year.

And Josiah the kid who sleeps in his car...I have a feeling he'll be in the top 12. Great voice. Not a sound you hear everyday on this show. It's almost a shame that he's going to get his break on American Idol when he should have just gotten a band and a demo together and tried to make it that way (not that that is easy). I don't know. There was somethin about that kid's voice that really jumped out at me and my first thought was "why the hell are you trying out for American Idol?"

Two other notes:

'Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol is a really, really shitty song

And does anyone else find it hilarious the way Seacrest has introduced the show for the last two years? -

"THIS!...... is aMERican Idol"
Old 02-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #174
War Child

I felt so sad for that girl who's dad died while she was going to her audition. I'm glad she made it, she deserved it.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #175
War Child

Oh and that Brooke girl annoyed me soo much.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:47 PM   #176
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Green Eyes
Oh and that Brooke girl annoyed me soo much.
Yup!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:07 PM   #177
ONE
love, blood, life

Great episode tonight. There were a lot of talented people. I absolutely loved the nurse that sang the Janis Joplin song. Her voice was amazing. I hope she goes really far.

My friends and I were cracking up during the Glamourous sing-along.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #178
Blue Crack Supplier

I was cracking up during the "accidental" fall by Vanessa Carlton.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #179
Blue Crack Distributor

Okay, re: Queen guy.

It's not like they were all "holy shit, you're ugly. Turn around." He was doing one of those weird things that some people do with their faces when they sing.

And then Simon apologized. So there you go. I very much disagree that it was a horrible way to treat him.

I thought he was okay - not great. He has a decent voice, but not the best song to showcase that. Glad they let him through, though.

Edit: Call me a horrible person, but I really didn't like the girl whose dad had died. Everything sounded forced to me.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #180
Refugee

Local Time: 11:07 AM
American Idol-Atlanta Auditions

Past Atlanta auditions have brought us Idol luminaries like Clay Aiken, Fantasia and Jennifer Hudson. But will season 7’s Idol auditions be a Georgia peach or a bunch of Georgia pits? However, before we get to the auditions, the Seacrest family has a little reunion.

Josh Jones works for glass company, and likes working with his tools. I just hope he isn’t one. Josh sings “Don’t Stop Me Now.” After hearing him sing, I think the song should be re-named “Do Stop Me Now. No, I Really Mean It.” Josh is totally over the top, and is probably more suited to Broadway. And what is up with his freaky eyes? Paula asks Josh to turn around and face the backdrop. Somehow I think Paula would have asked him to turn around even if his eyes weren’t possessed by the devil. Despite coming across as a demonic understudy for Spring Awakening, Josh gets a golden ticket.

JP already auditioned in season 4-the season of Carrie Underwood. JP wishes he would have kept in touch with Ms. Underwood. I’m sure she wishes the same thing. JP sings “Me and My Gang.” Is he actually singing words or is that some gibberish? Despite majoring in music, Josh shows zilch musical talent. JP whines about having to go back to school. Oh poor baby. Graduating from college is such a burden. And you might want to change your major.

Finally, in season 7, truth is spoken. Paula is a girl who can’t say no; just ask Corey Clark.

Despite the exotic name, Asia’h Epperson claims to a be a small-town girl. She tells us a sad story of losing her dad in a car accident just days before the audition. Asia sings “How Do I Live Without You” and dedicates it to her dad. Hmm, something about her voice bugs me. What is it? I’m not impressed, but the judges are. Asia is going to Hollywood.

Brooke Helzie is Miss South Florida Fair. Hmm, a blonde, perky, Southern beauty queen-she’s right out of central casting. Her pageant duties have included kissing a pig. Hey, you don’t have to win Miss South Florida Fair to do that; just be drunk off your arse at bar time. Brooke sings “Who’s Lovin’ You.” She sounds okay, but the singing blondes are starting to blend into one. Brooke is so unbelievably pageant-y, plus Simon finds her annoying. And I’m sure she’ll be annoying in Hollywood. Brooke, keep this in mind. The whole blonde, ditzy, “I’ve got an IQ of room temperature” schtick was tired when Kellie Pickler did it in season 5.

The following montage of Fegie’s “Glamorous” is more like “Torturous.” And I know this is rude, but some of these people are so unattractive, I thought I was watching an episode of Springer. Or maybe these people grew up near a nuclear reactor.

Just when I think we’ve got our fill of obnoxious auditioners, we get Eva Miller. Hmm, I think she just got off the pole to audition. Eva sings “A 1000 Miles.” Her singing and dancing is atrocious. She’s not even entertaining in a so bad it’s good kind of way. Eva doesn’t get a golden ticket. However, I did crack up when she fell on her rear. And I’m so glad she was wearing leggings. I did not want to be introduced to her lady bits.

Alexandrea Lushinton brings a huge entourage, including her too-cute-for-words great grandma. At sixteen, Alexandrea is a bit unpolished, but she shows promise. Alexandrea is going to Hollywood. I hope she brings along great grandma. Great Grandma could be my favorite Idol family member since mamaleh Claudette Yamin.

Nathan Hite is sixteen and a 9th grade repeater. Hmm, that’s something to be proud of, loser. Nathan sings “Paralyzer” and is awful. And he seriously needs to turn down the ‘tude. Nathan, there is a reason why you are so behind your peers. You’re not going to Hollywood, but I’m sure there is a meth lab in some trailer park that will accept you.

Amanda Overmyer is a nurse, a goth and a biker chick, what a Renaissance woman! But can Amanda sing? Amanda sings “Mean Woman” and later sings “Traveling Band.” She doesn’t have a strictly pop voice. It’s more gritty and earthy. And though she seems a bit over the top, she’s different from a lot of the other females who are auditioning. I think AI needs a rocker girl. Amanda gets a golden ticket.

Josiah Leming has been living in his car and is a high school drop out. Yet, he’s happy. Wait, he’s not. Well, at least he has this golden opportunity to audition for Idol. Hmm, why waste your time getting your GED and maybe going to college? Josiah sings an original composition called “To Run.” He has way too much vibrato in his voice and way too theatrical. Plus, he sings in this odd British accent. I half expect him to say, “Cheerio, guvnah!” Well, it doesn’t matter what I think because Josiah is going to Hollywood. Well, at least he won’t have to live in his car.

Atlanta presented 19 Idol hopefuls with golden tickets. The final audition show features the best of the rest. And you can bet that the best of the rest doesn’t only feature the best singers, but the best of the worst. Is it Hollywood week yet?