American Idol - Season 7 - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #136
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:09 PM
You weren't the only one who thought that kid was a girl when he came running into the audition room.

Carly's got an interesting background. Apparently she previously had a recording contract, but sold, like, 15 copies of her album or something like that.

From what I've heard leading up to the finals, there seems to be a trend of the show taking on singers who have had some sort of professional background.

Which isn't too shocking - Taylor Hicks had released his own CD before the show, but it looks like it may be more of a trend this year, and I read the producers are saying they're kind of tapped out on undiscovered talent, so they think it's fine to take people who have had been given shots in the major leagues before, and failed.

I don't really see a problem with it. I think the rule is that they can't currently be under contract.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:09 AM
Last night was pretty depressing.

And the abstinence girl already annoys me.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #138
Refugee

Local Time: 12:09 AM
Last night sucked. I'm ready for the Hollywood rounds.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #139
Refugee

Local Time: 07:09 AM
American Idol-Charleston, South Carolina Auditions

The Idol auditions are being held in beautiful and historical Charleston, South Carolina. Charleston is considered the friendliest city in America. But will the judges be friendly to the auditioners?

Rashard Henderson is unemployed (yea, that’s a good thing to tell people) and he sports a huge afro. He tells us that he sings like Clay Aiken. Rashard sings “I Can’t Make You Love Me.” Nope, Rashard, you can’t me love you. Rashard is not going to Hollywood.

Like season 5’s Kellie Pickler, DeAnna is from Albermarle and works as a waitress. DeAnna should realize that ripping on your customers while on TV is not exactly very smart. Her dollar tips will soon be no tips. DeAnna makes Kellie Pickler look like a Rhodes Scholar. DeAnna sings “Fancy.” She’s loud and theatrical, but doesn’t get any love from the judges.

Crystal Ortiz and Randy Stark met on the Idol message boards. They sing “She’s More.” More what? More tone deaf? More pitchy? More inane? Crystal and Randy don’t get a golden ticket, but isn’t their true love golden enough?

Another team auditions, sister and brother act, Michelle and Jeffrey Lampkin. Due to their over the top theatrics, I expect them to totally suck. Michelle and Jeffrey sing “I’m Your Angel,” which is kind of creepy because their siblings. But they have good voices, with Jeffrey sounding a bit better. Both are going to Hollywood.

Next we are treated to a montage of bad singers butchering Saint Carrie Underwood of Idol’s song “Before He Cheats.” This does not help my migraine headache.

Mary Catherine Gallagher, oops, I mean Amy Katherine Flynn is on her school’s dance team and lectures about abstaining from pre-marital sex. She’s also very smug. The judges ask her to give a speech on abstinence, which makes me want to do the mattress mambo with Simon just to tick her off. Amy Katherine sings “Reflections.” Simon is right. The song is too big for her, and yes, people will find her annoying. Yet, Amy Catherine is on her way to Sodom and Gomorrah, oops, I mean Hollywood.

London Weidberg had to take a break from music to look after her ailing father. She sings “Good Morning Heartache.” Hmm, she has a warm, husky tone to her voice that I like. London is going to Hollywood.

Lindsay Goodman is an air force pilot who flies C-17s. She sings “Black Velvet.” She sounds good, but she needs stronger performance skills. You can feel her nerves. However, she’s taking off with a golden ticket.

Aretha “Big Guns” Codner tells us she’s as good as the Idol winners, and like some of the Idol winners, Aretha doesn’t have a recording contract either. She sings “I Have Nothing” and yes, she does have nothing. Aretha can’t quite accept the rejection from the judges. Her delusion is just a big as her...silver belt.

Joshua “The Judges Suck” Boson ruins “And I am Telling You.” Jennifer Hudson should smack him upside the head with her Oscar.

Throughout the show we’ve seen Oliver Highman. Before his audition, his lovely wife went into labor and gave birth to their baby girl. Emma Grace makes her appearance in time for her daddy to make his audition. Oliver sings “Get Here” and his voice all over the place. He’s just too corny and affected. Oliver is not going to Hollywood, but he has the ultimate golden ticket with his new daughter.

And on that sickenly sweet note, I promise to bring back the snark next week when Idol holds auditions in Omaha, Nebraska.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:09 AM
I thought the Air Force pilot got all nos, did they change their minds? I am finding it difficult to sit through the whole show.

I love the "mattress mambo with Simon", that's a riot
Old 01-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #141
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I thought the Air Force pilot got all nos, did they change their minds? I am finding it difficult to sit through the whole show.

I love the "mattress mambo with Simon", that's a riot
I think you're right; the Air Force pilot didn't get a golden ticket. I think my migraine last night made me a bit demented.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:14 PM   #142
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I thought the Air Force pilot was decent enough. I felt bad that they didn't put her through.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 01-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #143
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I thought the Air Force pilot was decent enough. I felt bad that they didn't put her through.
Yea, I liked her too. Her performance skills were kind of weak, but that can be worked on.

Is anyone looking forward to Smug as Shit Abstinence Chick crashing and burning?
Old 01-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #144
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:09 AM
Golightly Grrl - great writeup, but I didn't see any mention of the Irish girl who apparently got the golden ticket in years' past but couldn't go on because she didn't get her visa in time.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #145
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Golightly Grrl - great writeup, but I didn't see any mention of the Irish girl who apparently got the golden ticket in years' past but couldn't go on because she didn't get her visa in time.
It's in my San Diego recap a few pages back.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

we had the first 2 shows last night and the night before... so San Diego and South Carolina are on wednesday and thursday for me

if only they'd do the same thing (subtitle) as fast for LOST
Old 01-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #147
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
Is anyone looking forward to Smug as Shit Abstinence Chick crashing and burning?
Yes.

Or she can hook up with the boy whose virginal heart belongs to daddy. Did he make it through?
Old 01-25-2008, 02:31 PM   #148
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

Or she can hook up with the boy whose virginal heart belongs to daddy.
Genius!

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 01-25-2008, 05:11 PM   #149
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick

Genius!
Snerk! Actually I kind of hope she goes far. I have a bunch of snarky, snotty comments lying in the recesses of my brain that I totally want to use in my recaps.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #150
ONE
love, blood, life

Tonight was good. There were a lot of good singers. Well done, Omaha.

And that Jason kid...sweet fancy Moses he was HOT , and he could sing; once he actually remembered the lyrics.