American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
I saw something about this on TV last night-William Hung got a record deal

On Wednesday, Hung performed at UC Berkeley?s men?s volleyball game, where he received a $25,000 check from the Fuse music channel and a record offer from Koch Entertainment. If he accepts, Hung will be in good company, the Koch Entertainment stable of talent includes Ringo Starr, Montell Jordan, and the Bangles. The deal reportedly includes a music video that will air on Fuse.

:lmao: wtf!

tiny dancer said:
He's also going to perform this coming Monday March the 1st.
Can't wait.

Haha, that show's gonna be great. :D.

Originally posted by tiny dancer
And I liked Lotoya on last night's show.

Yeah, she was really good. I'm glad she got through. :). It's just so funny-when she talks, she's all soft-spoken and everything, and then when she sings...hello.

I'm also glad the other girl got through-she's good. I did like that girl with the southern accent, though-she does have a good voice. But eh, oh, well-she'll get her chance again with the wild card portion of the show when that comes around.

At least this group was definitely a lot better than last week's group, thankfully.

Angela

Mrs. Edge said:
Matthew Metzger....:drool:

:drool:

Ugh...my sister has a crush on him. To me he looks like a blond JC Chasez. :huh:.

I wish Lisa had stayed in for tonight!

Originally posted by HelloAngel
Is it just me.. or do Elizabeth Letendre and Katie Webber looks like TWINS??? :eeklaugh: :scratch:

They DO! I was thinking they looked similar, too! Yes!

My three definite picks out of tonight's group: George, Suzy, and Jennifer. Can't really think of a fourth one...Leah was okay...I guess I'd go with her. Katie was okay, too, but it was a little forced at times.

What'd everyone think of the guy who did the Elvis song? Oh. My. God...

Also, in regards to last week-I'm really glad that Jasmine girl got through. :). She was really good-I can't believe she's only 17.

And my parents despise that redheaded kid that got through last week, too-they don't think he's good at all. My sister likes him, though. As for me...eh...he's not the worst guy I've ever heard, but I'm not falling all over him, either.

Angela

Last edited:
Ah, I like him because he reminds me of this famous ballet dancer called Robert Tewsley that no one here will have heard of! LOL!

tewsleyx.gif

I like JPR. He may not be the best singer but he is fun to watch and has plenty of personality. Plus, he is a spitting image of my boyfriend's friend Jon. I am glad that he is in the top 12.

HelloAngel said:
Ugh Leah LaBelle - there's just something about that girl that I don't like.. I dunno.... *grumble grumble*

Me too. She's awful. I'm surprised she made it this far.

did anyone hear the fact that william hung actually got a recording contract?

for making a fool of himself on national television!

in all seriousness, and not being racist (pst! im the same race as him!)

im sure he is a nice guy, or something, im not sure about the world's infatuation for rewarding the exceptionally terrible

ie does anybody remember eric "the eel" mossambini at the sydney olympics swiming the 100mtrs?

GET WITH IT PEOPLE!!

Sicy said:
Diana DeGarmo should win this.

You can tell she really wants to win and she has been doing this for a long time, I saw a clip of her on when she was very young and was in the CNN talk show from years ago, she has the same passion as then. THe only problem I see is when she is listening to the judges she doesn't have the most friendly personality like she doesn't take criticism well but maybe she does and it just doesn't come across on the screen. I don't know if I have a favorite yet, maybe Fantasia. :)

Last edited:
I like the chicky with the pink and black hair- that Dixie Chicks song she did was amazing and I dont even realy like country music and I also like the tall black guy with the big smile from I think New Orleans or somewhere like that, he seems like a real nice guy:)

George was awesome. :heart:

Get rid of John Stevens or whatever that redhead's name is!!!!!!!!! :|

OzAurora said:
I like the chicky with the pink and black hair- that Dixie Chicks song she did was amazing and I dont even realy like country music

Oh, I know! She did a fantastic job last week! :yes:.

Originally posted by OzAurora
and I also like the tall black guy with the big smile from I think New Orleans or somewhere like that, he seems like a real nice guy:)

Yeah, he's great, too. I really liked his version of "Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay" that he did a couple weeks back...if I didn't know any better, I'd swear that we were back in the 60s and he was doing that song originally. :). Same applies to Latoya's performance from last night...sounded very 60s-ish to me. Hers was nice, too.

And yes, George does seem like a really nice person...so friendly and outgoing and everything.

I thought Jasmine did really good last night with her song. I'm really impressed with her...she's got a great voice for her age. And it was nice to see Camille finally controlling her nerves more last night.

John Stevens isn't that great, I'll agree...although he didn't do too bad on that "King Of The Road" or whatever that song is called last week...yeah, he flubbed the lyrics, but the song fit his voice range. And Fantasia in regards to last week...she did a great job on "Always On My Mind"...why did she have to ruin such a classy performance with such a snotty attitude toward Simon afterward? As a person in yesterday's USA Today said, "Tone down the sass, girl".

Angela

Back
Top Bottom