American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diana is the better singer of the two left

but thats my point of view

Fantasia's a bit more nasally, and the watchers here in Australia just felt like 'oh, some black girl is going to win - boring'

but thats taking nothing away from fantasia, both are very fine singers

how come the judges couldnt pull out another Paul Hewson in America? a vast landscape like America, yet no white guy can sing!

For shame!

mind you the craze in music at the moment is that everyone wants to be the next Creed or Nickelback, so Idol shows are probably not their thing

oh speaking of Idol Shows Australian Idol is starting here soon

i have a friend who's lining up for that, hes a good singer (in a heavier (nickelback, creed stuff) because thats the stuff our youth like :huh: ) but hes doing it in jest, if he gets anywhere in the competition like the point where contracts have to be signed, he will bail

i myself am not game, because i might drown myself in the mediocrity pool, or even worse, end up on the blooper reel, which is something that will scar me for life, and my (unborn) children's life. even though i practice heaps!

CrashedCarDriver said:
how come the judges couldnt pull out another Paul Hewson in America?

Hehe. That'd be cool. :).

Originally posted by CrashedCarDriver
mind you the craze in music at the moment is that everyone wants to be the next Creed or Nickelback, so Idol shows are probably not their thing

Yeah. Unfortunately for those who aim to be like those bands, I'm not a Creed or Nickelback fan, so...bah. I want some bands to start a new wave revival or something like that. That'd be awesome.

oh speaking of Idol Shows Australian Idol is starting here soon

i have a friend who's lining up for that, hes a good singer (in a heavier (nickelback, creed stuff) because thats the stuff our youth like :huh: ) but hes doing it in jest, if he gets anywhere in the competition like the point where contracts have to be signed, he will bail

Oh, yeah? Hmm. Well, even though he's planning on bailing if it gets to that point, I wish him luck anyway. :).

i myself am not game, because i might drown myself in the mediocrity pool, or even worse, end up on the blooper reel, which is something that will scar me for life, and my (unborn) children's life. even though i practice heaps!

Haha, agreed. I'll just watch others goof it up on TV, no need for me to add to the horror. :p.

Speaking of blooper reels by the way...don't know if anyone else caught the "American Idol" special that was on Sunday night-it was just talking about why this show is so popular, and there was this one guy who they showed auditioning for the show, and while he was singing (forget what song it was right now that he performed), he pretended like he was in the midst of a war zone. So you'd hear a few lines of the song, and then him pretending to fire at somebody, then more singing, more pretend shooting, and then finally he pretended to be injured and was dragged out of the room. I was like, "What...the...hell...?" Very, very odd.

Angela

jkayet said:
but 'all my life'?!?!?!?!? :no:

Agreed-I really hate that song.

Personally, I thought Diana did really well tonight-well, except for her last song. There were times during two of Fantasia's songs when she seemed a little off to me or something-she sounded a little more nervous, and I think that affected her singing a little more, whereas Diana sounded better during her first two songs.

Angela

Yay, Fantasia!! :happy:

Fantasia seems so natural...Diana seems so forced and fake and cheesy. I can't stand her performances.

good deal. i wanted Diana all along to win, but last night Fantasia really made me believe she should win. I am pleased with the results.

:up: :D

Same here. I'd been more of a Diana person, but yet I was happy for Fantasia tonight. Her attitude may have tended to bug me from time to time throughout the competition, but she isn't a bad singer at all, and so it's cool that she won. So congratulations to her. :). And congratulations to Diana, too-she should be proud of making it as far as she did (and it seems like she is, so...).

Heh, also, I gotta admit, seeing Fantasia get all teary-eyed tonight actually gave me a bit of a lump in my throat.

I'll look forward to see what happens with these two girls within the next year. Good luck to both of 'em.

Angela

:applaud:
i was for Fantasia all along....in fact...during the auditions, when i saw Fantasia, i said this girl is going to take it all...she stood out right from the beginning!
what a voice...what a performer...she's 19 and performs like a veteran.
she deserved it...as far as i'm concerned she had it bagged right from the beginning :up:
best American Idol so far!

mmmBono said:
:applaud:
i was for Fantasia all along....in fact...during the auditions, when i saw Fantasia, i said this girl is going to take it all...she stood out right from the beginning!

I remember seeing her audition and thinking, she has to AT LEAST make the top 10!

Heh, my sister decided to watch her tapes of all the episodes of this past season today, starting from the auditions, and it was really weird looking back and seeing the clips of Fantasia and Diana in the early rounds-it made me think, "God, did either of them ever imagine back then that they'd get as far as they did?"

Justified said:
I just love that all the American Idol winners and runners up so far have been from the SOUTH! :D

Haha, my dad noticed that, too. He's like, "Boy, the southern U.S. has a bit of a monopoly on this show, don't they?" :p.

According to that special last Sunday that I was talking about earlier, there have been people from 49 states in the U.S. that have tried out for the show. The only state from which there have been no auditioners has been North Dakota. I found that kinda amusing.

Angela

I don't think Fantasia has a "mainstream" type of sound. yes, she is good but I don't think her album will sell as well as Clay, Rueben or Kelly.

I wanted Latoya to win so I am bitter. :D

WildHoneyAlways said:
I don't think Fantasia has a "mainstream" type of sound. yes, she is good but I don't think her album will sell as well as Clay, Rueben or Kelly.

I wanted Latoya to win so I am bitter. :D

awww don't be bitter...i love Latoya too...but the beauty of it all is that everyone (atleast some of the top 12 or so) are going to get approached by someone in the music biz....you'll see Latoya again :up: it's definitely not the end for her....nor is it the end for Miss Power Pipes (Diana)...these gals are going to get some kind of offer...just you wait and see :D
as for Fantasia....that's exactly what ROCKS about her....she doesn't sound like anyone else. If you ask me, I think she'll do better than the ones you mentioned (Clay, Reuben..) I like the fact that she is just so unpolished...so unique...there's a market out there for that kind of vibe....she's fresh...actually I think her album will do very well in sales. We need more Fantasias. :up:

Back
Top Bottom