American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know...perhaps I'm just not getting it, but these audition shows seem mean spirited. Now I must admit I've never seen the show (I can't even get past the commercials), but is there any reason to show these auditions other than to make fun of the really bad contestants? It seems a bit cruel to laugh at people who are being humiliated but don't know any better. Rather like laughing at the special ed kids when you were in school. I guess I'm just being grumpy, but that's how it strikes me.

It's a hilarious show. I wish they'd have kept Keith from last year. He was the best ever.

That scary girl who Randy said sounded like a ghost was truly horrifying.

The famewhores are fun to watch. I mean, you gotta look at Clay Aiken and wonder how the hell he managed to convince people he was a sex symbol. The power of TV...

indra said:
I don't know...perhaps I'm just not getting it, but these audition shows seem mean spirited. Now I must admit I've never seen the show (I can't even get past the commercials), but is there any reason to show these auditions other than to make fun of the really bad contestants? It seems a bit cruel to laugh at people who are being humiliated but don't know any better. Rather like laughing at the special ed kids when you were in school. I guess I'm just being grumpy, but that's how it strikes me.

I somewhat agree with you but I really think a lot of these people are not serious at all and are just "auditioning" to get their faces on TV. They know they suck and are just playing the judges. They kind of get what they deserve.

Agreed ^^^^.

anitram said:
I mean, you gotta look at Clay Aiken and wonder how the hell he managed to convince people he was a sex symbol. The power of TV...

LOL, well, Clay doesn't think of himself as a sex symbol, that's the media that portrays him as one. When my sister watches any interviews with him and I catch a few with her, I notice he still seems a little startled whenever women scream for him.

But, like you said, the power of TV...

Angela

tiny dancer said:
Did anyone else see last night's show? Seems in LA the girls out numbered the boys in talent.

Indeed (what the hell was with the "She Bangs" guy? "I've never had any professional training"...no, really?).

Also, what did everyone else think of that one guy who was the last auditioner for the day? Good voice, yes-definitely surprised me...but I really don't like his attitude. He seemed awfully arrogant to me...:no:.

On the upside, I thought it was really cool when that one kid whose parents moved here from another country made it. I also liked that short girl who sang. Quite a voice on her...wow. Good to see she made it, too. :).

Angela

Bono's American Wife said:
I somewhat agree with you but I really think a lot of these people are not serious at all and are just "auditioning" to get their faces on TV. They know they suck and are just playing the judges. They kind of get what they deserve.

Yep :yes:

The little chinese guy that sang she bang just had me lmao! He was so :cute: :lol:

I :heart: that "She Bangs" guy...what was his name? William Hung?

Dude, everytime Dad and I need a laugh, one of us busts into an imitation of him...it's great. :lmao:

That girl with the Simon t-shirt should have gone through. I don't blame her for being so upset, especially considering that they let the next guy through. His voice was so weak.

Bonochick said:

Dude, everytime Dad and I need a laugh, one of us busts into an imitation of him...it's great. :lmao:

LOL, :yes:. What was up with him flailing his arms around? Was he trying to fly or something? :p.

I can't believe that one guy managed to find 5 people who liked him. I didn't think he was that great at all. But...:shrug:. Whatever.

Angela

Bonochick said:

That girl with the Simon t-shirt should have gone through. I don't blame her for being so upset, especially considering that they let the next guy through. His voice was so weak.

I've heard you speak of your Dad often; :)

He must be as cool as me! BAW and I should visit you and take the ol'e guy out for a brew or three!!! :up:

Sicy said:
:heart: She Bangs Guy :heart:

:lmao:

isn't he fookin adorable?
if you ask me, i thought the infamous Keith was alot worse! :lol:

:heart: Hung :heart:

i nearly pissed me pants when he said "And I don't have any professional music training".

You can watch Hung bang (sorry, I had to :wink: ) here. Also, a bunch of the other best and worst of auditions.

:)

mmmBono said:

isn't he fookin adorable?
if you ask me, i thought the infamous Keith was alot worse! :lol:

:heart: Hung :heart:

i nearly pissed me pants when he said "And I don't have any professional music training".

:yes:

I :heart: the She Bangs Guy. He wasn't obnoxious like Keith. True, he was a bad singer and dancer, but he was so adorable at the same time :cute:

We need to form a She Bangs Guy fanclub :lmao:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

We need to form a She Bangs Guy fanclub :lmao:

:yes: :applaud:

:heart:Hung:heart:

and thanks for the link anitram!!! I was looking all over for one but couldn't find anything...and I was too afraid to google "Billy Hung/She Bangs" :uhoh: :laugh:

kellyahern said:

I :heart: the She Bangs Guy. He wasn't obnoxious like Keith. True, he was a bad singer and dancer, but he was so adorable at the same time :cute:

Exactly!! :heart:

I could watch that clip of him over and over again. :lmao: :heart:

I think I've watched it at least a dozen times in a row now...and it is NOT getting old...:lmao: :heart:

Bonochick said:
I think I've watched it at least a dozen times in a row now...and it is NOT getting old...:lmao: :heart:

tell me about it! :lmao:
i'm gonna see if i can burn this to a disc later!!!
thank you anitram! :heart:

I was watching it again, and a telemarketer called...I turned up the volume and put the phone by the speaker. :lmao:

Bonochick said:
I was watching it again, and a telemarketer called...I turned up the volume and put the phone by the speaker. :lmao:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

stop it!
you're giving me ideas!:macdevil:

and yes to the fanclub idea.....i dunno about you...but i've been singing "she bangs" all fookin day. :der:

I saw this someplace...

shebangs.gif

Back
Top Bottom