American Idol - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2004, 11:37 PM   #181
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:26 PM
The only things that made sense tonight were the top 3, and camille going...

Old 04-08-2004, 01:19 PM   #182
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

John Stevens needs to be voted off of there! I thought it was nice the first time but then he sings in the same tone of voice for all the songs like if it were done by the Rat Pak

I think Camile knew she was going to be voted off cos she always had this look on her face of agony

Old 04-08-2004, 01:53 PM   #183
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:26 PM
JPL has charisma, confidence and star quality so I think that's why he's still around even though his performances keep getting worse (due in part I think to really bad song choices). I don't think he's right for this competition but he should get a band together or something.

I think people keep voting for John Stevens because he's so young. He needs more training but there's something sorta endearing about him. He should have sung something like "Your Song" instead of "Crocodile Rock" which was just disastrous.

Jennifer is scary. I hate her personality and you know she'd be a big bitchy diva if she ever got famous. Fantasia's voice does nothing for me.

George is the man.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:42 PM   #184
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:26 AM
Is Jasmine not popular in the USA to be in the bottom 3? I quite like her.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:41 AM   #185
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 01:26 PM
I agree that JPL and John should've been in the bottom three, along with Camille. Jasmine's performance wasn't her absolute best one the other night, no, but when you compare it to John's version of "Crocodile Rock", there's no contest. I like Jasmine, too, beli. I'm still amazed that that voice is coming out of a girl that young. She seems like a really sweet person, too...I thought the way she was comforting Camille when it was discovered she'd be the one leaving was really nice. You could tell those two had become really good friends.

One thing that kinda sucks about Camille leaving this week is that she was just starting to control her nerves a lot more within the last two weeks, which was a great thing.

Jennifer's voice isn't bad, but she really needs to tone down the facial stuff and the movements and everything. And it's good to see others are annoyed by Fantasia's attitude, too. She might want to learn to appreciate this while it lasts, because she could very well be voted off if she doesn't learn to keep her attitude under control. That will turn people against her after a while, if it hasn't started to already.

Angela
Old 04-09-2004, 01:54 AM   #186
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:26 AM
Its the John that sings Hit the Road Jack that erks people in Australia. Hes really unpopular. Not that we can vote, so it doesnt really matter.

We havent had the Elton show yet, its shown on Sunday here.

It will be interesting to see who wins. The guy that won American Idol II couldnt sell his grandmother over here. Hes not at all popular. It will be interesting to see if the person who wins is some one liked international (not that it matters cause its 'American" Idol)
Old 04-22-2004, 12:25 AM   #187
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
So, was anyone else shocked about tonight's results? I certainly was. I think John Stevens is this year's Josh Gracin...he's not improving at all, but for some odd reason, he's still there. .

Also, I hated the group song tonight. Wow. Talk about cheesy. Course, then again, this is Barry Manilow we're talking about...(no offense to anybody out there who may just happen to like his music).

In regards to last week, I was rather surprised to see JPL leave-I thought he'd guaranteed himself another week with his performance of "Jailhouse Rock" (which, personally, I didn't think he did too bad on. Also, kudos to him for liking the movie "Dead Poets' Society" .). My poor sister, though-she adores him and was not happy to see him go last week. And Fantasia did an awesome job on her song last week, too (and it's nice to see her acting a little more subdued, toning down the sass a little).

Anywho, so yeah, tonight definitely surprised me.

Angela
Old 04-22-2004, 12:31 AM   #188
Blue Crack Addict

Fantasia sucks.

She sounds like a roadkill cat.

She has all the class of a wounded pirate.

Old 04-22-2004, 12:35 AM   #189
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
So, was anyone else shocked about tonight's results? I certainly was. I think John Stevens is this year's Josh Gracin...he's not improving at all, but for some odd reason, he's still there. .

Also, I hated the group song tonight. Wow. Talk about cheesy.
I totally agree.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 04-22-2004, 12:33 PM   #190
New Yorker

so do i
Old 04-22-2004, 01:05 PM   #191
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:26 AM
America is smoking fat rocks.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:51 PM   #192
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Fantasia sucks.

She sounds like a roadkill cat.

She has all the class of a wounded pirate.

That's kinda mean, dude. I've never thought her unclassy, or even likened it to something as awful as a dead kitty. I think she's cool.

I was very surprised to see Jennifer go home. Something is clearly wrong here. Or ppl are just whacked in the head.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:40 PM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:26 PM
I was happy to see Jennifer go, finally. She's got a powerful voice but it's the energy behind it that bugged me. She needs to learn the art of subtlety instead of just belting out everything as loud and forcefully as she can. I just could not stand her voice or her personality.

I don't like Fantasia's voice either, but I like her.

I think LaToya is the classiest, most self-possessed and mature of the remaining singers and the one with the possibility of a real career. She's by far the most talented and consistent of the divas. I still like George, too (how can you not). John Stevens is a mystery. Must be all the 12 year olds and old ladies voting for him but even my 12 year old neice has better taste. I mean, he was cute for awhile, but come on, off with his head already...
Old 04-22-2004, 03:09 PM   #194
ONE
love, blood, life

I agree - there was something about Jennifer that screamed "egomaniac" at me, and not in an intriguing way.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:54 AM   #195
Blue Crack Addict

My dad had found something online in regards to this whole thing, and he thinks one reason why Jennifer was in the bottom three and got kicked off was because she's from the Chicago area, and that area got hit hard by severe storms this week (like in Utica, where the people there are still cleaning up from the tornado that hit them earlier this week), and so the power lines were still down then and everything, and the people of her state, who were probably rooting for her, couldn't vote as a result. Apparently, it was something like if she'd gotten 1/3 of the votes from the people in Illinois, she would've stayed for another week.

Also, the fact that she's a young single mom could have something to do with it-the thing my dad found had a quote from a person on an "American Idol" board talking about how she's a bad person to look up to because she's so young and yet has a kid (I think the thing said she was 19).

And then there's still the whole thing about the votes being rigged-it became so predictable week after week, with those three girls being safe and all that, so people aren't wondering if the votes were rigged to try and throw in some unpredictability.

Who knows. My dad's long since gone off to bed, so I can't do it now, but I'll ask him tomorrow where he found that thing and I could share it here.

Angela