American Idol 6 - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Down to the final 6, with a double boot coming tomorrow.

Carry on!

1_4_45.gif

You again? :eyebrow:
Jon_Bon_Jovi.jpg

I'll have to record the results show tomorrow, as I will be seeing Elvis Costello. :hyper: And no Bonoismymuse, no extra ticket this time :wink:

That was an awesome show....Melinda, and Blake were my highlights, but Phil rocked too. Bon Jovi is still kick-ass. And what Blake did with "You Give Love A Bad Name"...:drool: :combust: :rockon: :bow: :faint:

Holy shit, Phil was really good. :ohmy:

I don't like him all that much, but I hope that was enough to save him this week. He deserved it. Great job.

I like that song a lot, even though it's pretty much a rehash of "Wanted Dead or Alive."

Oh, and I love Simon, but he was whack (yo) about Phil.

corianderstem said:
Holy shit, Phil was really good. :ohmy:

I don't like him all that much, but I hope that was enough to save him this week. He deserved it. Great job.

I like that song a lot, even though it's pretty much a rehash of "Wanted Dead or Alive."

Oh, and I love Simon, but he was whack (yo) about Phil.

Wait till you see Blake....I guess you could see...I sorta liked his performance....:shrug:

I didn't think Jordin was as bad as the judges said. Clearly out of her element, but I thought she did fine with it.

She had fun with it, which is the only way to sing that song ... although it's preferable to have a bunch of drunks shouting along with you in the karaoke bar. :wink:

I think Lakisha knows her ass is on the line; how else to explain the return of Sassy Lakisha?

Edit: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! BLAKE! That was, like, hawt and stuff. And good. And nice new hair.

Last edited:
I wasn't crazy about the brown hair, but I thought Blake was great. He definitely took a big risk there. Sounded like Jon (Bon Jovi) wasn't too sure about it himself. I think he pulled it off. Melinda rocked that song, and as stated, Phil did pretty well as well. Think Jordin was just alright. Don't know why she chose that song - I heard she put in her request for that one quite early :shrug: Lakisha was alright, just didn't care for her hairstyle or her outfit. Chris - I got nothin' to say, except maybe see ya later. But who will go with him? Kiki? :hmm:

Phil was decent. I didn't think he was overly spectacular, I think the judges had too high of praise, but it was a respectable performance. Jordin was horrendous, and any sympathy given to her because of it being Bon Jovi night should be revoked after LaKisha and Melinda (especially LaKisha!!) knocked it out of the park. Song choice, Jordin, song choice. I give Blake a lot of credit for doing what he did, it would have been easy to just go and belt out the song as it had been originally done. That was truly an example of "doing your own thing" and "making it your own", to use phrases the judges have thrown around in the past. Very fresh, he is an amazing talent.

Chris...:| It's pretty bad when I think Phil is tons better than Chris.

P.S. I'm so jealous that LaKisha got to smooch Simon. :kiss:

About Jordin-I am not sure why you would sing that song as it only sounds good when you are screaming at the top of your lungs in a closed car with 5 otehr people and the volume is at 100... Maybe she was just too young to realize that.
I thought LAkisha was amazing and I am goignt o be seriously pissed if she goes home...Chris on the other seriously annoys me...he thinks he is WAY better than he is and PS being called Justin Timberlake is not really a compliment!!

JCOSTER said:
I LOVE Blakes hair!!! He's awesome, I think I just might have to get tickets when the top 10 come around just to see Blake. :shifty:

As someone who went last year just to see Chris Daughtery you may want to rethink this idea!!:wink:

Damn, that Bon Jovi is a sight for sore eyes. He's just ridiculously hot.

Again, the women are totally boring to me, even when they're good.

Phil was good but were he to win, he'd be another Taylor. As in, "Who?"

Blake remains the only interesting one.

AI Recaps-May 1st
The Top 6 Perform

Last week we got the shock of the century. Not a single Idol hopeful was booted off on results night. And on performance night the top 6 get to rock out to Bon Jovi’s greatest hits. Ryan proves he’s ready to rock out when he comes out sans tie. Ooh, Ryan, you are so edgy!!

Jon Bon Jovi is the mentor, and he brings along his keyboardist. I wonder if Jon’s Philly Soul T-shirt is a shout out to my Pennsylvania friend Marie. Well, I bet she thinks it is.

Phil (Blaze of Glory)-If you would have told me a few weeks ago I’d really enjoy a Phil performance, I would have called you nuts. Well, I really liked this performance. I’m not a fan of his lower register, but his belting is top notch, and served this power anthem perfectly. Also, Phil is no longer lifeless on-stage and seems to be getting more comfortable. This was an excellent way to start the show. And except for Mr. Grumpy Pants Simon, the other judges liked it too. But once again we get a snippet of Randy Jackson’s Curriculum Vitae. He recorded “Blaze of Glory.” Yes, we get it Randy. First Journey, now Jon Bon Jovi. You, alone, are the architect of rock and roll.

Jordin (Livin’ on a Prayer)-Jordin, you may not want to mention to Jon Bon Jovi that your mom loves Bon Jovi. Yep, he’s old enough to be your father, but there is no way any rapidly aging rocker wants to admit it. Okay, Jordin’s performance. Well, I thought it was a bit meh. Instead of livin’ on a prayer, it was like nappin’ on a prayer. Rock should be a bit dangerous, but Jordin was at dangerous as a shopping trip at Limited, Too. I thought Jordin might really be able to deliver because her rendition of Pat Benatar’s “Heartbreaker” from a few weeks ago was such a great performance. But this performance wasn’t anything to brag about. And it was too shrieky in some parts.

LaKisha (This Ain’t a Love Song)-I’m not that familiar with this song so I couldn’t compare it to the original. But I do think this was the perfect song choice for our KiKi, very soulful. Miss Chuch Girl gave it a gospel vibe. I still find her very limited in showing any diversity; she’s really in a box. But I guess this box suits her even though it can be a bit boring. However, her vocals were excellent, not a bum note that I can recall. It looks like KiKi is back. But she macked on Simon. I don't know if I'm jealous or repulsed by that.

Blake (You Give Love a Bad Name)-Hey, Blake “Miss Clairol” Lewis is sporting a new hair color! After weeks of not beat boxing, Blake has to give this song his patented beat box treatment. Maybe he was going through withdrawal symptoms. I wasn’t too crazy about the beat boxing. I thought it took away from the song. Then again, Bon Jovi is hardly sacred ground. They’re basic arena rock. So I’m going to give Blake some credit for taking a risk. It will help him stand out from the rest of the top six. And was that really Simon’s mum in the audience rocking out? You mean Simon actually has a mother? He wasn’t just spawned in some ooze some where beneath the surface of the earth?

Chris (Wanted: Dead or Alive)-Chris tells himself before he goes on stage to have fun. I wish he’d tell himself not to sing out of his nose. I thought this was a ho-hum performance. I’m trying to recall DAUGHTRY’S performance of this song last year. I can’t quite remember if it was good or bad, though no doubt he gave it the Nickelback treatment. No matter what, I’m sure it was vastly superior to Chris Justin Timberfakin’ his way through one of Bon Jovi’s most notable songs. And his voice sounded thin, and yes, nasally.

Melinda (Have a Nice Day)-My girl Mindy Do takes it to church and showcases another side of her, the rocker chick. Like Randy and Simon, I thought Melinda had a very strong Tina Turner vibe, and really got into the energy of this song. She had good chemistry with the guitarist as if they’ve been playing gigs for ages. And I liked how her vocals had a sassy attitude. I don’t think this was her best performance, but she is still miles above a lot of other contestants who compete on this show.

Bon Jovi night wasn’t a trainwreck of epic proportions like I thought it might be. There were a few surprises like Jordin stumbling and Phil soaring. And KiKi seems to be back in fine form, and on rock night of all nights. Blake brought beat boxing to rock and roll. Chris brought nothing but nasal. And Melinda proved she can sing anything including rock music. It looks like Gina wished she was up on stage rockin’ out, but it was kind of her to loan her ruby red Manic Panic to Jordin for the night. And speaking of rock and roll, nothing screams rock cred like President and Laura Bush.

OMG, Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age! The man is still hot as ever! :combust:

And Phil :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I give Blake credit for being original and I think he may have secured his win over Jordin tonight. But i thought he murdered the song. As Randy would say "it wasn't good dawg!" But i liked his hair!

Lakisha was great, but i dont think it will be enough to save her this week. Especially since last week's votes are factored in.

Bye Bye Bye to Timberlake and Lakisha! :wink:

joyfulgirl said:
Damn, that Bon Jovi is a sight for sore eyes. He's just ridiculously hot.

Again, the women are totally boring to me, even when they're good.

Phil was good but were he to win, he'd be another Taylor. As in, "Who?"

Blake remains the only interesting one.

Agree with all of this!

JBJ - What a treat!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Golightly Grrl said:

But once again we get a snippet of Randy Jackson’s Curriculum Vitae. He recorded “Blaze of Glory.” Yes, we get it Randy. First Journey, now Jon Bon Jovi. You, alone, are the architect of rock and roll.

:lmao:

Jordin, you may not want to mention to Jon Bon Jovi that your mom loves Bon Jovi. Yep, he’s old enough to be your father, but there is no way any rapidly aging rocker wants to admit it.

I couldn't believe that she said that, that comment always seems like the classic insult to "older" (using the term loosely, don't flame me!) musicians. :crack:

It looks like KiKi is back. But she macked on Simon. I don't know if I'm jealous or repulsed by that.

Jealous, definitely jealous.

Chris (Wanted: Dead or Alive)-Chris tells himself before he goes on stage to have fun. I wish he’d tell himself not to sing out of his nose. I thought this was a ho-hum performance. I’m trying to recall DAUGHTRY’S performance of this song last year. I can’t quite remember if it was good or bad, though no doubt he gave it the Nickelback treatment.

Tell ya what, I was one of those people who loathed Chris Daughtry (still do :wink: ), but I do remember actually having to admit that I liked his performance. Chris, on the otherhand...:crack:

ljclary said:

As someone who went last year just to see Chris Daughtery you may want to rethink this idea!!:wink:

And as someone who went the year before that just to see Bo Bice, I would absolutely have to agree with you! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom