American Idol 6 - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
America is filled with imbeciles.

Now we get to watch Blake get mauled by Jordin next week (which he deserves). Fun. :|

LemonMelon said:
America is filled with imbeciles.

Now we get to watch Blake get mauled by Jordin next week (which he deserves). Fun. :|

exactly! it's gonna be a bloodbath.. :madwife: :banghead: how unfair is that..jeez... There is NO WAY Blake is going to beat Jordin..:huh:

thanks a lot america!:|

U2Fanatic4ever said:

exactly! it's gonna be a bloodbath.. :madwife: :banghead: how unfair is that..jeez... There is NO WAY Blake is going to beat Jordin..:huh:

thanks a lot america!:|

At this point, she could sing 100 Bottles Of Beer On The Wall and get 85% of the vote. :down:

the 11 year old girls don't relate to Melinda.

they either want to be Jordin, or to date Blake. it's the same template that gives us boy bands and teenybopper girls.

hence, ladies and gentlemen, you get a pop star.

Irvine511 said:
the 11 year old girls don't relate to Melinda.

they either want to be Jordin, or to date Blake. it's the same template that gives us boy bands and teenybopper girls.

This is exactly correct! A teen pop sensation will be chosen.

Melinda is too freaking good for this show.

Zootlesque said:
Melinda is too freaking good for this show.

it's totally true.

Simon is wrong, for once. it isn't a singing competition.

it's a singing + sex appeal + want-to-be-you + wholesomeness + personality + style + luck competition.

kellyahern said:

Exactly.

I'm trying to tell myself that she's better off not winning, now she can do whatever the heck she wants to.

But still, I call "bullshit" on America on this vote :uhoh:.

^what she said

:sad:

Holy shit Batman! I'm just as confused as you Robin!

Melinda gone?!?!?! WTF???

Well, like was mentioned before, you're really better off not being the winner. I'm really disappointed right now with "Soul Patrol." He's so much better than that crap CD he put out. I guess that's what happens when AI does your free album for ya...it stinks! So yes, Mel is better off leaving now because she can do her own thing. And I think Blake got all of Sanjaya's votes. Blake just might win this since it's the teenie bopper girls voting with their cells phones and all. Did you see Blake's crowd??? You'd thought Justin Timberlake came to town! Jordin of course is a better singer than Blake, but he'll win it on popular votes alone.

I think this season is already over with even before it's over.

See y'all next year!

:wave:

capt.cb37f677a47c46a982e25d69786b66e7.american_idol_finalists_tnmh105.jpg

:wave:

Irvine511 said:

And that's exactly what this show is about. I simply cannot be bummed about Melinda being gone. She is going to do damned well for herself ... and is probably better off not being further tied into the Idol contract.

I'm pleased with the final two. Go, Blake! Go, Jordin! I don't care who wins! (Maybe.)

I don't know that it's ever been a singing competition. It's a VOTING competition. Whoever has the most fans who have the most time to spend dialing a phone. It is what it is. Anyone who is surprised or outraged by this ... it's been on for what, 6 seasons now? :shrug:

Oh, and for the record, I can't believe Blake took a PLANE to go from Seattle to Bothell. Um, it's a 20 minute drive. I know it must look cooler on TV to fly in a seaplane over Lake Washington than sitting in traffic on I-405, but now everyone must think that Bothell is way out in the boonies! Whatevs.

PS: Elliott Yamin's stylist should be shot. What the hell did they do to him? :huh:

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

And that's exactly what this show is about. I simply cannot be bummed about Melinda being gone. She is going to do damned well for herself ... and is probably better off not being further tied into the Idol contract.

I'm pleased with the final two. Go, Blake! Go, Jordin! I don't care who wins! (Maybe.)

I don't know that it's ever been a singing competition. It's a VOTING competition. Whoever has the most fans who have the most time to spend dialing a phone. It is what it is. Anyone who is surprised or outraged by this ... it's been on for what, 6 seasons now? :shrug:

Oh, and for the record, I can't believe Blake took a PLANE to go from Seattle to Bothell. Um, it's a 20 minute drive. I know it must look cooler on TV to fly in a seaplane over Lake Washington than sitting in traffic on I-405, but now everyone must think that Bothell is way out in the boonies! Whatevs.

PS: Elliott Yamin's stylist should be shot. What the hell did they do to him? :huh:

Are you talkin' about his hair? :crazy: He still sounded great :up:

I think there should be some sort of voter reform for the future. One should not be able to vote 10, 20, 500 times for their fave contestant. Oh well...

I don't know about the landslide-the tween vote should be split. I think it is going to be very interesting. And the finale is always fun to watch. So supper syrupy and cheesy.
I hope Balke gets out there and does his own thing-I do like that about him he does have some serious musical talent. Jordin sure can sing. It will be interesting to see what they both bring to the table.
All in all however-I said it before and will again-totally lame season.

AI Recaps-May 16th
The Results

After a very unnecessary Homer Simpson opening, we see both Jackie Collins and former AI contestant, Brandon Rogers in the audience. Well, that’s a sentence I thought I would never write.

Before we get to the results, we get lots of filler. What else is new? First we get an overview of the previous night’s performances. And then we get a AI tour promotion featuring our old friend, the crying, pig-tail wearing Ashley. Remember her? And did any of you look at some of the past contestants featured in this promotion and say, “Oh, I totally forgot about you.”

Now we get footage of Jordin, Blake, and Melinda’s home town visits. Remember the home town visits of Taylor, Elliott, and Kat’s of last season? Taylor’s energized me. Elliott’s touched me. And Kat’s was just a big pile of meh. Sorry, I never caught McPheever.

During the home visits we learn that Jordin has been best friends with her BFF for 14 years, Blake likes big butts (well, hello Blake) and his dad is this year’s Mamaleh Yamin. And Melinda is really devoted to her church. Remember when I said I’d get a bit teary-eyed during Melinda’s visit? Yea, I puddled up a bit.

After the home town visits, Jordin, Blake, and Melinda are individually brought to the AI seal. But do we learn their fate? Of course not. Their individual fates can wait. And apparently, they don’t get to sing songs that will be featured on the AI Season 6 CD. Are there even enough good songs from this season to put on a CD? Anyway, Ryan uses some of this time to tell us about an AI “battle of the bands” contest.

And we also get a cute pimpmercial showing the final three as kids. Notice mini-Melinda with her Mickey Mouse Afro-puff hairstyle?

Fortunately, to cut through the dreck and the dross of results night, we get some guest performances. Elliott Yamin, who finished third last year, comes along to sing his single, “Wait for You.” Wow, his voice sounded superb, and his performance was heartfelt and soul-stirring. Isn’t it interesting how last year’s underdog and a relative wet-behind-the-ears newcomer is miles better than some of the more seasoned guests who have performed on this show? Yes, Diana Ross, I’m looking in your direction.

Maroon 5 is also on board to perform. I’ve heard their catchy pop songs on the radio, but I never realized how cute they are. And look at Paula Abdul get down in her Mrs. Roper caftan!

Okay, now we get the results. Jordin, Blake, and Melinda are on the AI seal of doom. Jordin is announced safe. She’s in the top two. And so is... Blake? Melinda is leaving us. Am I upset? Afterall, Melinda was my girl, and I really wanted her to go far. Actually, I’m okay with this. I think Melinda is going to do fine. Her talent can’t be ignored, and I bet labels are going to beat down her door to sign her. She’s probably better off not getting into Clive Davis’ blood-sucking clutches. Last year a humble person with a fabulous voice came in third, and now he’s doing incredibly well. Two words, Melinda-Elliott Yamin.

Lila64 said:
Are you talkin' about his hair? He still sounded great

I think there should be some sort of voter reform for the future. One should not be able to vote 10, 20, 500 times for their fave contestant. Oh well...

Yeah, his hair. Did you see the cover of his CD? YEESH. I like his voice, but I don't care for the type of music he's recording. I was disappointed that I didn't like it, since I liked him so much on the show last year.

I'd love to see some kind of voter reform as well, but I don't think that'll happen. I think whatever cell company is a sponsor would push back on that - think of all the text message $$$$ they'd lose if you could only do one vote per phone, or whatever they might want to change. Plus, then they couldn't say with such disgusting pride every week, 'After 60 bazillion votes ... '

I'd prefer to see something that would allow the judges to have some sort of say in the eliminations.

Ditto that Bonochick :up: Like both contestants, but don't really care who wins.

As for Elliott, I had seen the CD cover, and a few videoclips of him on You Tube yesterday before his AI appearance. No idea who thought that the Jew fro would be a good idea :der: I haven't heard his CD, but I agree about the voice. Great voice if he were singing more of a style of music I liked. Or a CD of popular covers or something. I watched (on You Tube) his performance of Sombebody To Love and of A Song For You from Season 5 :)

Lila64 said:
Ditto that Bonochick :up: Like both contestants, but don't really care who wins.

As for Elliott, I had seen the CD cover, and a few videoclips of him on You Tube yesterday before his AI appearance. No idea who thought that the Jew fro would be a good idea :der: I haven't heard his CD, but I agree about the voice. Great voice if he were singing more of a style of music I liked. Or a CD of popular covers or something. I watched (on You Tube) his performance of Sombebody To Love and of A Song For You from Season 5 :)

did you notice that Elliot got a new set of teeth (grill).. :eyebrow: Some serious veneer teeth he's got.

Back
Top Bottom