American Idol 6 - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, I seriously doubt I'll buy anyone's album this season. I suppose it's possible one of the finalists' albums will be very good, but it depends on so much more than just the singing. That's where Blake will have a leg up on the others; he'll probably do some of that stuff for himself. For example, I thought Paris Bennett had a nice voice so I d/l her cd to check it out...crap. It sounded like she got a $5 record deal from her cousin's boyfriend or something, weak songs, really canned-sounding beats, etc. Of course having Kevin "Chicken Little" Covais on there didn't help.

In the end there just wasn't a lot for me to get excited about this year, but we'll see I suppose.

(OK, I'll very likely get LaKisha's cd, because I really liked her voice - and hopefully it's good. I still say she was the best pure singer of this season)

RavenBlue said:
I think of this season, if I were to buy an album.. it would be Blake's.

I agree, I'm actually interested in seeing what he does next...which I can't say for the other contestants.

Out of every season, the only Idol whose album I've bought so far is Taylor Hicks. I still care about him a great deal, if I haven't made that obvious. :wink:

Butterscotch said:

You know Bette Midler may not have sounded very good, but for a woman who is old enough to collect social security, she looked gorgeous! I couldn't believe it when I saw her I thought it must have been her daughter instead. She was never a very attractive lady IMO but now her body and her face and hair are looking better than ever. Whatever she's done to herself it worked. Maybe a trip to Madonna's makeover artist?

Her outfit was young and fun too. You got to give her credit for that if not her singing!

I agree completely. If she's had work, and I'm guessing she did, it was done right. She looked great and I loved her outfit. I just wish she could still belt out a tune. :(

I've bought a few Idol CDs just for the novelty of it, but on each of them, there's at least two songs I like enough to keep the CD.

I'd buy something by Melinda, Blake and Jordin, depending on the genre. If Melinda came out with a gospel CD, or a whole CD of "smooth jams" or something, I'd pass.

Ditto for Blake and Jordin. If they have a great first single that really strikes me, I'll likely buy it. I was looking forward to Elliott Yamin's CD because I really loved his voice, but it's too R&B flavored for me.

Larry King Live at 9:00 p.m. ET
on Friday, May 25, 2007

CNN Tonight: ‘American Idol’ Winner Jordin Sparks!

A primetime exclusive with the new ‘American
Idol’ Jordin Sparks - and runner up Blake Lewis!
Together for the first time since the big finale to
tell the backstage stories you haven’t heard!
Plus, finalists Sanjaya Malakar, LaKisha Jones,
Melinda Doolittle and more of the singers who
had millions obsessed the past few months!
They take your calls and your emails!

Tonight only on Larry King Live!

Taylor frolicking on a beach with a lady friend

splashnews_sshi240507h_007.jpg

splashnews_sshi240507h_027.jpg

Looking at him in that second picture just makes me want to smile. And also go to the ocean, but that's beside the point.

The CDs in my collection by American Idol contestants:

Kelly Clarkson (both CDs, and I'll buy her new one the day it comes out ... whenever it does come out)

Clay Aiken (just his first one; I was so put off by his latest one I wouldn't even dream of buying a CD of him singing songs I hate. Go back to cheesy pop, Clay!)

Katharine McPhee (two songs I like and the rest is schlock)

Carrie Underwood (I'm not sure why I have this one ... it's a little cheesy. I do like "Before He Cheats," though.)

I guess that's all I have. I thought there were more! I did have Bo Bice, which I'd gotten for free, but it was pretty bad, so I got rid of it. If I ever run across a used copy of Taylor's CD, I might pick it up. I got it from the library recently, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I think Maddy has some Kelly Clarkson on her iTunes. There are a few songs I know and like.

I think the Idol CDs should include a bonus disc with their Idol performances (their covers), for no extra $$ of course. Just an idea. I know Maddy was watching several of Blake's performances online this week.

:lmao: I'm watching "The Soup" now. They were talking about Joe Perry performing with Sanjaya. Joel Mchale goes: "And you thought that song from 'Armagaedon' was a career low." :laugh:

Lila64 said:
Larry King Live at 9:00 p.m. ET
on Friday, May 25, 2007

CNN Tonight: ‘American Idol’ Winner Jordin Sparks!

A primetime exclusive with the new ‘American
Idol’ Jordin Sparks - and runner up Blake Lewis!
Together for the first time since the big finale to
tell the backstage stories you haven’t heard!
Plus, finalists Sanjaya Malakar, LaKisha Jones,
Melinda Doolittle and more of the singers who
had millions obsessed the past few months!
They take your calls and your emails!

Tonight only on Larry King Live!

I saw this and I gotta tell you, Blake is very impressive.

I think we have all of Kelly's cds, and Ruben's and Fantasia's. Pretty sure we've got Carrie's, and I vaguely recall that the wife might have bought George Huff's and Elliott's (Mrs. CT likes R&B & gospel; CeCe Winans was the high point of her night on Wednesday). I have Daughtry also & I think it's good.

Oh I got hold of an EP of Jordin, I think it must be an unreleased demo (pre-Idol) because I don't think they can be on if they've put something out, can they? Anyway it's only 5 songs but if you guys are interested I could upload it somewhere...

I have both of Kelly's albums. I don't really care for the first one though except for "Miss Independent". Her second album is awesome though. I also have Carrie Underwood's and I really like it. I would definitely buy Blake's album, and probably Melinda's too.

CTU2fan said:
Oh I got hold of an EP of Jordin, I think it must be an unreleased demo (pre-Idol) because I don't think they can be on if they've put something out, can they? Anyway it's only 5 songs but if you guys are interested I could upload it somewhere...

Taylor had a self-produced/self-released (something like that) album prior to Idol as well. I think they just can't ever have been under contract or something like that.

They can't be under contract currently. They are allowed to have been under contract previously. A lot of the contestants have demos, or put out CDs prior to Idol.

I just saw something in an older issue of TV Guide where Blake talked about meeting Bono. I remember his bio. on the AI website said he's a U2 fan.:drool: Anyway, he had his vinyl copy of "The Unforgettable Fire" with him, and he asked Bono to sign it. Bono crossed out "fire" and wrote "Blake":cute: *endsfangirlmoment*

Last edited:
I saw that! He is a regular one man band. I thought it was cool he put in WOWY. It fit perfectly into the Maroon 5 song.

U2isthebest said:
I just saw something in an older issue of TV Guide where Blake talked about meeting Bono. I remember his bio. on the AI website said he's a U2 fan.:drool: Anyway, he had his vinyl copy of "The Unforgettable Fire" with him, and he asked Bono to sign it. Bono crossed out "fire" and wrote "Blake":cute: *endsfangirlmoment*
wow, bono's cool

Back
Top Bottom