American Idol 6 - Part 4 - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2007, 07:39 PM   #301
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:38 PM
From mjsbigblog.com

***********SPOILER ALERT*****************

Idol Guest Performers for the Finale:

Kelly Clarkson - may sing solo (”Never Again”) and duet
Carrie Underwood
Taylor Hicks - Will sing his new single, “Heaven Knows”

Songs from the Beatles catalog have been made available for tomorrow’s show. More on that as details arrive…

Rumors:

-According to MTV Doug E. Fresh is in negotiations with Idol to appear on tomorrow’s show. His appearance has not been confirmed.
-There will be no hometown parties. The original plan was to have them, but the producers thought otherwise and cancelled them.
-According to Perez Hilton, there is buzz around Hollywood that Britney Spears will appear on the Finale. Hello trainwreck!
-I’m pulling this from comments. The NY Post reports that the winners of the songwriting contest are two men. Americanidol.com has songwriter bios posted for all 20 contestants. The forum at Spinme.com (I’ll be posting something on the songwriter’s contest later…) has supposed insiders who claim “This is My Now” written by Jeff Peabody and Scott Krippayne as the winning song. You can listen to it at the bios link. thanks marys

Old 05-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #302
The Male

Local Time: 10:38 PM
LOL. What a beating. Jordin smoked Blake in every way possible. When it came down to the original song (horrible, as usual), it showed exactly what each singer was made of, and Blake's version paled in comparison. Actually, it wasn't even worth comparing.

5 more votes are going to Jordin, courtesy of myself, by midnight.

Now.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #303
Blue Crack Distributor

Jordin's obviously the better singer of the two. We'll see whose fanbase has the fastest dialing fingers tonight.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #304
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:38 AM
voted for mr. plaid pants..
Old 05-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #305
The Fly

Local Time: 06:38 AM
Wow. Blake completely got the shaft. That really sucks. Just like the final song. That song was written for a voice like Jordin's, not Blake's. I had higher hopes for the songwriting competition, but it wow, that song was worse than the rest.

As soon as Blake started singing that horrible song I didn't want him to win so he wouldn't have to release that crap of a song.

I hope Blake's fans are super pissed and vote becuase he got the shaft, but I don't want him to win now as stated above.

Blake...good job...you're going places!

Yes, it is a singing competition, but the winner has to sell themsleves, so it really isn't just a singing competition.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #306
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
Old 05-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #307
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
AKA Mr. Can't Sing Worth A Damn And Should Have Been Kicked Out Two Weeks Ago
Old 05-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #308
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Local Time: 01:38 AM
OK...here's my final 2 cents, then I'm really done here...

First yes, Jordin is the better singer of the two, but the performer is Blake just like what Simon said.

And as what was stated above, I really don't want Blake to win so that he's not stuck with AI's songs. That's what happened to poor Soul Patrol. Taylor is so much better than the AI CD he put out. He's got to be! I'd rather see Taylor with his real band from back home and them doing their own music.

Jordin has that Disney quality where she could just about fit anywhere.

So I don't want Blake to fall into the same trap as Taylor.

And to be honest, if you gave me two separate tickets to see Jordin or Blake live, I'd literally will run to see Blake. He's been growing on me, and I've been liking him more and more these last few weeks.

Basically, I'm all for Blake, but under the circumstances I want Jordin to win.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:55 PM   #309
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Allegra
Basically, I'm all for Blake, but under the circumstances I want Jordin to win.

I was on the fence about which one I wanted to win, but I think I'm gunning for Jordin, for the reasons you mentioned.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:38 AM
I agree with what you said, Allegra I was hoping that Blake would do some Sublime. What I've Got or Santeria. Oh well

God the winners single is god-awful.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 PM   #311
Blue Crack Distributor

Wow. Those songs sucked. The only good things about them are that they were written by dudes from Seattle. Hee!

The only decent song they've had in all the Idol years was "A Moment Like This." Yeah, it was cheese, but at least it was catchy, good cheese.

All the other songs have just been boring cheese.

And I'm sorry, but why does Jordin cry so damn much?

Edit: Gosh, for all the grumbling Chris Daughtry ... I'm sorry, that's just DAUGHTRY, did about Idol in all the interviews I read, surprise surprise! Pfft. Shut up, Daughtry.

Did anyone else see that sour look Melinda was giving in the audience toward the end of Jordin's song? There was an audience shot where you saw Chris R, Phil (complete in Navy uniform), and Melinda in front of them, looking at the stage with a hilarious expression.

I hope it wasn't a death ray stare at Jordin, but rather a commentary on the shittiness of the song. Ha!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:42 AM   #312
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:38 PM
I have to agree - that last song was not Blake's style, and yes, Jordin sang it better, but because it's more her style. It's not like they picked a song that both could take & run with it in their own unique manner. It was a Jordin song, which I pretty much expect to be hearing again tomorrow night. I like Blake for his uniqueness, and Maddy & I did vote for him this evening. And as stated before me, he might be better off not winning.

Night to see Daughtry tonite

Now, will I be able to not peak at this thread tomorrow night and watch it live on the west coast feed, or will I cheat? Which I somehow always end up doing
Old 05-23-2007, 07:08 AM   #313
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

AKA Mr. Can't Sing Worth A Damn And Should Have Been Kicked Out Two Weeks Ago

pfft!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:27 AM   #314
Refugee

Local Time: 06:38 AM
AI Recaps-May 22nd
Blake and Jordin Perform

We’re down to the homestretch. We have two contestants, three performances, and one sickly sweet coronation song that will probably give us cavities. The final two, Beat Box Blake and That’s So Jordin! are ready to rumble for the American Idol Crown.

First, Ryan looks like his hair has been a bit Blake-rized, and he’s wearing a pin-striped mafia lawyer suit. But he’s not the only fashion disaster. Randy Jackson is dressed as Sgt. Pepper, if Sgt. Pepper was a pimp. Paula “A Broken Nose is the New Black” looks like she’ll be joining Ann-Margret and Nancy Sinatra in entertaining the troops in Vietnam. And Simon Cowell, not surpisingly, is sans tie.

After Paula clears up “Tulipgate,” we are treated to Blake and Jordin’s journey to this very moment. Interestingly enough, it’s Seattle, not the south, that reigns supreme. Blake and Jordin both auditioned in Seattle, and Blake is even from the Seattle area. And the songwriters who wrote the coronation song are from Seattle. It’s Starbucks over sweet tea.

After a coin toss of fate, Blake decides to sing first. Hmm, whatever happened to ladies’ first....

First Performance

Blake (You Give Love a Bad Name)-I really liked Blake’s energy throughout this performance, and the beat boxing actually worked. Blake is a definite entertainer, and you can’t take your eyes off of him. However, compared to contestants in the past, he has one of the weakest voices. How will this translate to a CD?

Jordin (Fighter)-Christina Aguilera has such an amazing voice, I shuddered at the thought of Jordin tackling this song. But Jordin’s voice sounds really good. However, her performing skills were a big pile of meh. Jordin is a fighter, and I’m a fighter, too, a fighter of boredom. Her voice is great, but will she be able to handle an actual concert on her own?

Second Performance

Blake (She Will Be Loved)-Parents, let Blake’s life story be a lesson to you. If you don’t want to hear your kids beatboxing, buy them a drum kit instead. I wish Blake would have chosen up tempo Maroon 5 song. This song just showed how thin and reedy Blake’s voice is. However, I liked his interaction with the audience and his love of performing.

Jordin (Broken Wing)-This was way too much of a Miss Cornhusker pageant performance. I thought Jordin made this song too treacly and she sounded kind of screechy in some parts. However, I can tell the judges really want her to win with their relentless tongue baths.

Third Performance

Blake (This is My Now)-Eesh, ballads are really not Blake’s thing and he really doesn’t sell this song to me. He seemed weirded out while singing out it, and the bopping around in the middle looked rather ridiculous. I was afraid the coronation song might trip up Blake, and I was right.

Jordin (This is My Now)-Not surprisingly, AI’s graduation song of 2007 suits Jordin so much more, and we even got a few touching tears out of the girl. I thought her voice sounded great, and she really held that glory note.

I really have no idea who is going to win this thing. Jordin may have gotten the kudos from the judges and she definitely did a better job with the coronation song, but we might be surprised, and Blake could be crowned this season’s American Idol.

What did you think of the coronation song, “This is My Now?” Well, this is my no way! I was hoping we’d get a stretch in the songwriting. I’d love for something different. But compared to last year’s “Do I Make You Proud,” 2007 coronation song sounds like “Blowin’ in the Wind.”

And did you notice this year’s voted off contestants in the peanut gallery? And what was season 4’s Constantine doing in the audience? I swear, he pops up more than herpes. In fact, in think “Maroulis” is Greek for genital warts.

But our night is complete AI Recaps-May 22nd
Blake and Jordin Perform

We’re down to the homestretch. We have two contestants, three performances, and one sickly sweet coronation song that will probably give us cavities. The final two, Beat Box Blake and That’s So Jordin! are ready to rumble for the American Idol Crown.

First, Ryan looks like his hair has been a bit Blake-rized, and he’s wearing a pin-striped mafia lawyer suit. But he’s not the only fashion disaster. Randy Jackson is dressed as Sgt. Pepper, if Sgt. Pepper was a pimp. Paula “A Broken Nose is the New Black” looks like she’ll be joining Ann-Margret and Nancy Sinatra in entertaining the troops in Vietnam. And Simon Cowell, not surpisingly, is sans tie.

After Paula clears up “Tulipgate,” we are treated to Blake and Jordin’s journey to this very moment. Interestingly enough, it’s Seattle, not the south, that reigns supreme. Blake and Jordin both auditioned in Seattle, and Blake is even from the Seattle area. And the songwriters who wrote the coronation song are from Seattle. It’s Starbucks over sweet tea.

After a coin toss of fate, Blake decides to sing first. Hmm, whatever happened to ladies’ first....

First Performance

Blake (You Give Love a Bad Name)-I really liked Blake’s energy throughout this performance, and the beat boxing actually worked. Blake is a definite entertainer, and you can’t take your eyes off of him. However, compared to contestants in the past, he has one of the weakest voices. How will this translate to a CD?

Jordin (Fighter)-Christina Aguilera has such an amazing voice, I shuddered at the thought of Jordin tackling this song. But Jordin’s voice sounds really good. However, her performing skills were a big pile of meh. Jordin is a fighter, and I’m a fighter, too, a fighter of boredom. Her voice is great, but will she be able to handle an actual concert on her own?

Second Performance

Blake (She Will Be Loved)-Parents, let Blake’s life story be a lesson to you. If you don’t want to hear your kids beatboxing, buy them a drum kit instead. I wish Blake would have chosen up tempo Maroon 5 song. This song just showed how thin and reedy Blake’s voice is. However, I liked his interaction with the audience and his love of performing.

Jordin (Broken Wing)-This was way too much of a Miss Cornhusker pageant performance. I thought Jordin made this song too treacly and she sounded kind of screechy in some parts. However, I can tell the judges really want her to win with their relentless tongue baths.

Third Performance

Blake (This is My Now)-Eesh, ballads are really not Blake’s thing and he really doesn’t sell this song to me. He seemed weirded out while singing out it, and the bopping around in the middle looked rather ridiculous. I was afraid the coronation song might trip up Blake, and I was right.

Jordin (This is My Now)-Not surprisingly, AI’s graduation song of 2007 suits Jordin so much more, and we even got a few touching tears out of the girl. I thought her voice sounded great, and she really held that glory note.

I really have no idea who is going to win this thing. Jordin may have gotten the kudos from the judges and she definitely did a better job with the coronation song, but we might be surprised, and Blake could be crowned this season’s American Idol.

What did you think of the coronation song, “This is My Now?” Well, this is my no way. I was hoping we’d get a stretch in the songwriting. I’d love for something different. But compared to last year’s “Do I Make You Proud,” 2007 coronation song sounds like “Blowin’ in the Wind.”

And did you notice this year’s voted off contestants in the peanut gallery? And what was season 4’s Constantine doing in the audience? I swear, he pops up more than herpes. In fact, in think “Maroulis” is Greek for genital warts.

But our night is complete because the DAUGHTRY! is back to sing his latest hit "Home." And he's even wearing eyeliner.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #315
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
"This Is My Now"

Seriously? That's the title?