American Idol 6 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Allegra said:
For the first time ever, I called in and voted. I called about five times. Hope it helps!

Me too! been watching since the 1st season, but last night actually picked up the phone and voted! :D

All this talk of picking up the phone and voting has me thinking... I've been voting thru cell phone txt messaging the whole time! Has it all registered? :eyebrow: Why're you guys voting by calling when it's so much easier to text your answer?

My cell phone plan costs me .10 per text. I rarely use it so there's no point in having it added into my plan. I imagine that alot of older people who watch the show with their kids probably don't even know how to text. I didn't figure it out until about 6 months ago, and I'm usually pretty good with technology.

Lila64 said:
you PMers are funny :giggle:

Get back to work Amy! :tsk: :wink:

Since when does Amy work!

I have to say their version of American Prayer was awful because of Jordin.

I cringed when she started singing.

And I have seen Bono sing that song LIVE twice! I even have video of it!

Good thing Melinda and Blake make my ears feel better!

Golightly Grrl said:
AI Recaps-April 24th
The Top 6 Perform

Jordin (You’ll Never Walk Alone)-This was an amazing way to close the show. Jordin sounded beautiful and had a good connection with the lyrics. This song could have been a bucket of saccharine but Jordin made it very fresh. I got a little misty-eyed, as did Jordin. So cute of Ryan to hand over his $80 tie to let Jordin dry her tears. And though Melinda is very close to my heart but I think Jordin might be better off winning American Idol. She’s younger and more malleable, and is probably a better fit for the youth market Idol is going for.

Was this person on crack? She was pitchy and scratchy! She didn't do this song justice at all and I LOVE THIS SONG!!! Beautiful? More like a cat in heat!! I couldn't believe Randy thought this performance was one of the best ever. I couldn't listen to it!

sigh

I didn't think it was Jordin's best performance, but I still think she's awesome.

So who got voted off tonight? Please tell me someone got voted off and they didn't all get a free pass just because of the Idol Gives Back thing.

corianderstem said:

So who got voted off tonight? Please tell me someone got voted off and they didn't all get a free pass just because of the Idol Gives Back thing.

They got a free pass just because of the Idol Gives Back thing.

skjuls said:

Was this person on crack? She was pitchy and scratchy! She didn't do this song justice at all and I LOVE THIS SONG!!! Beautiful? More like a cat in heat!! I couldn't believe Randy thought this performance was one of the best ever. I couldn't listen to it!

sigh

I agree with this. I think Jordin is a good singer, but she really did screech her way through that song last night. I think the judges want her to win because she is the most marketable of all of them. So, they are pimping her to win. I do think that she would probably sell more records than anyone else.

Yep, Teri definitely has gone downhill since her Lois and Clark days. I can't figure out how and when her nostrils became uneven. Is it a botched nose job or was she always like that? She's definitely looking rough.

Okay, something about Il Divo just makes me giggle whenever I see or hear them.

Like they exaggerate their opera voices in order to say, "Look at us! We're real opera singers!" ... yeah, singing Broadway songs. :lol:

Hugh Laurie's bit on Stayin' Alive made the rest of the show worth it from an entertainment standpoint.

I wish they would've shown more of the segments of Ryan, Simon, Paula, and Randy's trips. They were difficult to watch, but they really got to the heart of the subject. I also wish they'd gotten the contestants out into the community or had taken them somewhere. I feel like part of being an American Idol should be giving back to the community--even when the cameras aren't rolling.

Back
Top Bottom