American Idol 6 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michael Jackson certainly fits the description, but I'm just not sure if he's up for such a big appearance. He's basically been in hiding for the last year or so.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Bono and Madonna. I'm not sure if I've ever seen them together anywhere. They're both big supporters of Africa. It makes sense that it would be them.

If it's some old bag like Diana Ross again, I'll be disappointed.

ultravioletluvv said:
Michael Jackson certainly fits the description, but I'm just not sure if he's up for such a big appearance. He's basically been in hiding for the last year or so.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Bono and Madonna. I'm not sure if I've ever seen them together anywhere. They're both big supporters of Africa. It makes sense that it would be them.

If it's some old bag like Diana Ross again, I'll be disappointed.

That's the only thing I can think of that would prevent Michael from showing up. I would spontaneously combust with joy if Madonna and Bono showed up. The only way it could be better in that situation would be if all of U2 was there:drool: Btw, in "U2 by U2" there's a pic of U2, Madonna, and their road crew after one of the Sydney shows on ZOO TV!

ultravioletluvv said:
I think the two big stars are gonna be Bono and Madonna. It makes sense.

if it is Bono and Madonna, maybe they will appear via satellite?
did Ryan say the 2 stars would be live on the stage together?

Daddysgonnapay said:

if it is Bono and Madonna, maybe they will appear via satellite?
did Ryan say the 2 stars would be live on the stage together?

I think he did....I'm not sure. Their was a silhoutette of a man and a woman on the stage when Ryan was mentioning this. I think it was just supposed to represent the 2 in question, and was not actually them. We'll have to see. I have major doubts about the whole Bono/Madonna thing though:sad: although that would make my year.:drool:

corianderstem said:
Hell, I'm not even remotely convinced Bono would even be ONE of the "two big stars."

I agree, but my rambling postings on the subject are simply phase 1 of my plan to drive myself completely insane with anticipation before next Wednesday night.:rockon: because that's how I roll!

Is it just me, or did Simon sound like he was choking up a bit during his "clearing the air"?

I liked that they showed that split screen and the conversation that was actually happening at the judges' table. That was interesting ... although I like any little behind-the-scenes snippet we get about the show.

And finally? That was BARELY an eye-roll.

I'm only watching so I can relish in watching the bootee get booted. :wink:

I usually skip the results shows (honestly, so much filler for 5 minutes of interesting stuff) and come in here to get spoiled by the east coast folks.

yay.gif

corianderstem said:
Is it just me, or did Simon sound like he was choking up a bit during his "clearing the air"?

I liked that they showed that split screen and the conversation that was actually happening at the judges' table. That was interesting ... although I like any little behind-the-scenes snippet we get about the show.

Totally agree. I'm glad that he was able to defend himself adequately though, that was just so unfair for people to be attacking him about something. Like he said, he's not the nicest guy...but, sheesh, he's not THAT nasty.

As for Sanjaya...I don't know what the heck my problem is, I had tears in my eyes, I felt so sorry for him. My mom called me up and said that she had actually cried, and then she started crying again...which got me going again.

That's pretty much Exhibit A as to where my over-sensitive gene came from. Oh, and don't tell me that such a gene doesn't exist...I'll probably cry.

Well... Sanjaya is booted. Hoorah! Now I can truly enjoy the season to its fullest.

Simons statement was heartfelt for sure. Such a sweety.

I wonder if Bono could have anything to do with the mystery duet?

corianderstem said:

I thought that was really cool too. Simon (about Chris and his defense of his nasal Steve Urkel homage) "I don't get that." Me neither, Simon, me neither. And yes, that's the first thing my mom and I both noticed...we both said "Wow, is Simon choking up?" Is that the big story today?

corianderstem said:

I thought so, too. He handled the explanation well.

I was ready for Sanjaya to go. Is it too soon to miss him? :lol:

I'm sure the highest number of votes thing had to do with all the people trying to keep Sanjaya on. I felt sorry for him too, and that's his appeal in a nutshell. In this week's Star Magazine they have an article about his parents' divorce and how difficult their lives became, if it's all true it's pretty cool that Sanjaya has remained a positive person

I think it was his crying that got to me, it just seemed heartfelt and genuine. As a singer he's no good :wink: , but he's a sweet boy. He will probably become more famous than whoever wins. I actually thought for sure it would be LaKisha, it was so suspenseful.

did anyone else notice that when the bottom 3 were all standing together, that Lakisha and Blake were holding hands, but Lakisha was not holdingor attempting to hold Sanjaya's hand?....I thought that was odd....then Blake went back cause he was safe, and Lakisha and Sanjaya had their arms around each other....she just seemed cold to him in my observation.....and then when it was just the 2 of them, it was like she thought, well I guess it could actually be me, i better hug on him :huh:

Daddysgonnapay said:
did anyone else notice that when the bottom 3 were all standing together, that Lakisha and Blake were holding hands, but Lakisha was not holdingor attempting to hold Sanjaya's hand?....I thought that was odd....then Blake went back cause he was safe, and Lakisha and Sanjaya had their arms around each other....she just seemed cold to him in my observation.....and then when it was just the 2 of them, it was like she thought, well I guess it could actually be me, i better hug on him :huh:

I did notice it, but I thought I read somewhere that Lakisha was actually Sanjaya's best friend in the house. They were supposedly really close. I could be wrong though. It may be Melinda. But I know I read that somewhere. But, it's hard to read Lakisha sometimes. She comes across like she doesn't even want to be there lately and like she's too good for the show. I'm sure it must be rough having to do everything the producers say, in order to make "good tv", but i think her attitude is hurting her votes.

As for Sanjaya, I think he is a sweet boy and I think he handled himself very well throughout all of this. It couldn't have been easy knowing that he was the biggest joke in the country. I hope he'll be ok, now that he's free to find out all of what people were really saying about him.

AI Recaps-April 18th
The Results

Tuesday night Idol may have gone country, but did the country go Idol? Wednesday night is results night. And just a note Randy Jackson. You are way too old to be dressing like that.

Simon explains his eye roll of disgust during Chris R’s explanation of “bringing nasal back.” Apparently, he wasn’t disrespecting the tragic shooting at Virginia Tech. We even get an instant replay Zapruder film. Still, Simon needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and listen. You’re given two ears and one mouth for a reason, Mr. Grumpy Pants. But then again, did he actually seem like he was about to choke up a bit? Did some actually implant a compassion chip in him?

Now do we get to the elimination right way? Nope. AI has an hour to fill. Ryan does his man on the street interviews (yea, twenty feet away from the studio). And then we get a group sing from the gagnificent seven. The Idol hopefuls play musical chairs to the song “I’m Alright.” No, some of you are not alright. The group sing isn’t too horrific, but it was a rather Six Flags kind of performance.

Are you dying to know what kind of music the Idol contestants listen to? You’re not? Well, you’re going to find out anyway. Jordin mentions she’s listening to Fergie. Well, how convenient, because Fergie is one of the night’s musical guests. OMG! She’s actually dressed. But considering I find her music a huge snooze, I go to the kitchen and wash up the dinner dishes.

After the commercial break, we get another Idol Ford pimpmercial. The Idols sing the 80s classic “I Ran.” And not a single one of them is wearing a Flock of Seagulls hair do. Why not? Isn’t that why Sanjaya is here? To entertain us with his hair?

Finally we get to the reason why our Wednesday nights have meaning. Ryan puts the Idols into two groups. One of these groups has the lowest votes and is in the bottom three. Phil, Jordin, and Chris are in one group. And Sanjaya, LaKisha, and Blake are in another. Melinda is deemed safe, but Ryan pulls a “Taylor” on her and asks her to pick the group she thinks has the highest votes. Melinda decides to be Switzerland and sits between the groups, refusing to pick sides. Miss Doolittle ain’t playing that game, Ryan! However, Ryan insists she scootch over to Phil, Jordin, and Chris. They are the top vote getters. And Sanjaya, LaKisha, and Blake are in the bottom three. I would have switched Blake for Chris, and though I thought KiKi did a good job Tuesday night, she is losing steam. But Sanjaya in the bottom three? Could he actually be leaving tonight? Could I ever get that lucky?

Of course, we have to get to some Idol filler before we find out who is leaving us, like blatant commercial for “Shrek the Third.” Could Antonio Banderas please wash his hair? When did he become Steven Seagal? Ick.

And Tuesday night’s mentor, Martina McBride, finally makes it from her Pilates class to perform a song from her latest CD. After J-Lo last week it’s good to have someone who can actually sing. And I like Martina’s snarky daughter, Emma. Maybe she can host AI after Ryan retires and goes to the home for rapidly aging metrosexuals.

After 38 million votes we finally found out who of the unlucky three are leaving us. Blake is deemed safe. As is LaKisha. And after teasing us for weeks, Idol finally gives back. SANJAYA IS GOING HOME! At last our long national nightmare is over. But what happened? Did the Vote for the Worst people and Howard Stern fans finally come to their senses and decide not to vote for Sanjaya? Did parents all over America threaten to take away Libby Lu shopping privileges from their tweener daughters if they kept voting for Sanjaya? Who cares? This farce and his hair are gone. And I know I’m an evil person, but I actually cackled when Sanjaya was wiping away his tears during his kiss-off.

Back
Top Bottom