American Idol 6 - Part 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:35 PM
American Idol 6 - Part 2

previous thread: http://forum.interference.com/t171450.html

Carry on!

Down to the top 16 for now...

Old 03-02-2007, 08:45 AM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 01:35 AM
AI Recaps March 1st
The Results

This week the girls ripped it up and the guys threw it down, or so says Ryan. Four more contestants are getting the Idol boot. But first there is some business to attend to. Yep, the group sing. The Idol wannabes sing Three Dog Night’s “Joy to the World.” I wasn’t supposed to laugh, was I? They made Up With People look like the Blue Man Group.

And we have a guest tonight, season 5’s own Kellie Pickler. Last year Ms. Pickler was a 19-year-old small town girl unwise to the ways of calamari. Today she is a 47-year-old mother of the bride. Why does she have Barbara Mandrell’s hair circa 1983? Kellie and Ryan shoot the breeze, and then Kellie sings a sad song called, “I Wonder.”

But of course, there is a reason why we tuned into the results show. Who’s staying and who’s going? Of the guys, both Nick Pedro and AJ Talbado. I guess no one voted for Pedro, and I doubt AJ is “feelin’ good.”

As for the ladies, Alaina is the first to leave. She’s not ready to make nice, and we’re not ready to make her the next American Idol. Have fun in college, Alaina.

And as if my day couldn’t have gotten any more wretched, Leslie, a contestant I found really intriguing, also got the idol boot. Future contestants of AI vow never to sing “Feelin’ Good.”

Old 03-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Yeah Kellie's got some big boobies

She's a sweet girl

Antonella lives Give me a break
Old 03-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:35 PM
People, people! Why are you all so surprised? There's always at least one horrible singer that needs to leave who always sticks around.

We just have one of each gender so far this year. And it's not even the final 12 yet!

You all need to wise up and get cynical about Idol and realize you're just going to be disappointed week after week.

Poor Kellie Pickler. That hair. That makeup! I didn't even notice the boobs. I was too focused on why she looked so much like early 80s Dolly Parton.

In the hair and makeup, that is - not the boobs, I swear!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Old 03-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

"I've been working on this equation over the years, and it comes out something like this: (performance quality x 2) + (minutes of pre-semifinals screen time x 4) + (show placement, where end of the show equals 10 and beginning equals 1) x (judges' comments, where a rave from Simon equals 8, a scathing pan from Randy equals 9, and lukewarm sentiments equal 2) + (amount the audience feels you would be crushed by elimination, a k a the John Stevens IV Factor) - (4 for every insult of Simon) = possibility of staying, with the higher your score, the better. "

I know the columnist is kidding, but I think there's some truth in it.

I think I enjoy thinking about stuff like that rather than worrying if someone I like is going home that week instead of someone who sucks.

Whole article:

Why did Antonella survive another week?
Old 03-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

I think the most important factor is that people just don't vote for the ones who they feel are obviously good enough to stay on the show (as Simon said last night, you have to vote for them anyway). Add that to the horny basement guys, the friends and family, and well you get Antonella. And let's face it, as much as they might pretend to lament that the wrong people were voted off, AI wants Antonella on there. Her naughty pics and all that generates are good publicity for the show-and she's better looking than Frenchie so she's allowed to stay.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

Ayup.

Oh, and back to poor Kellie Pickler, half of my problem with her Dolly/Tammy new look is that it makes the poor girl look like she's 40.

Seriously, who styled her? They should be taken out back and shot.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

Seriously, who styled her?
I think it was the same person who styled Jennifer Hudson (or Meryl Streep) at the Oscars. Either that or they just hired some random drag queen off the street to do it
Old 03-02-2007, 05:54 PM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 07:35 PM
Old 03-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

in case you missed this pic from the last thread...

Old 03-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #12
War Child

Hee.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:37 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

Well, Kellie had boobs there ... maybe she was just wearing some magical push-up bra.

But damn, I can't get over how old and awful she looked on the show the other night.

No wonder she cried at the end of her song!
Old 03-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:35 PM
Old 03-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Nude Antonella Barba pictures discriminate against the blind says American Sightless Society

by Breeze Palabrería

Miles Hardee, spokesperson for American Sightless Society, lashed out at American Idol producers last night, saying that the pictures of Antonella Barba dicriminate against the blind.

"I am a big fan of American Idol," Hardee told us last night, "And I enjoy hearing Miss Barba sing but, like like every other red blooded American, I also appreciate seeing someone on TV in some sort of filthy, compromising position. I demand that a braille version of these photos be published so that the visually impaired have a chance to enjoy them too."

Hardee's call for braille photos was backed up by Ned Sunglesses, chairman of the American Sightless Society (A.S.S.).

"It is unfair that only people with vision should have a chance to pore over these photos," he told us, "I and many of my colleagues would like to have a chance to peruse them at length. At the very least, the audio tape should be released of her oral activies."