American Idol 6 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AI Recaps March 8th
The Results and Our Top 12

It is results night. We finally find out our top 12 Idol finalists. Who will sit on the bed pans of triumph and who will be sent packing?

But first we need another group sing. The contestants sleepwalk their way through an anemic “Stuck in the Middle with You.” Remember that torture scene if “Reservoir Dogs?” Yea, this was worse.

This being Idol, we can’t just ramble off the names of the top 12 and the 4 unfortunate souls who don’t make it. We have to fill it with other things. Carrie Underwood, season 4’s winner, stops by and sings “Wasted,” a rather appropriate song considering some of the contestants who have wasted our precious time, right? I wasn’t thrilled about her song (I was more of a Bo supporter that season), but the accompanying violin player was really cute.

Then Ryan makes a huge announcement. This year is the year of Idol Giving Back. Idol, along with its sponsors, notable guests, and us, the viewers, will be doing its share to help alleviate poverty in both the US and in the continent of Africa. I’d usually look at this with a cynical eye, but these are issues that I’m concerned about. Though Hurricane Katrina happened nearly two years ago, its effects are still being felt in the gulf coast. Obviously I don't have to tell anyone here that considering all of you are a very aware bunch.

And when Ryan mentioned Bono and his work on behalf of Africa, I totally squealed! I also instantly thought of this place and the wonderful posters who are doing their part to alleviate the problems facing the African continent. This include buying RED products, giving money to causes you believe in like the African Well Fund, actually going to African countries, and educating yourselves about the issues. You guys are my American and International Idols. I love you guys!!!

But let me get off my soapbox and discuss the reason why we tuned into the results show, our new top 12.

Some top 12 are no-brainers. Blake, Chris S., Melinda, and LaKisha are in fine form and are getting a lot of buzz on the Internet. I also like Brandon, Stephanie, Jordin, and Gina and am happy to see them get through. I’m not thrilled with Chris R or Phil, but obviously these two do have their fans. Haley and Sunjaya are pure headscratchers for me. Sunjaya is a talented kid, but he is a kid and it shows. Even he doesn’t believe he should be there. As for Haley, she’s a bit too sugary sweet for me, but she may surprise us during the theme weeks. If AI did a Broadway night she’d probably do a great job singing “Popular” from the show “Wicked.”

As for the booted? I wasn’t surprised to see Jared go. His voice is decent, but he really didn’t establish a distinct identity.

I was happy to see Antonella go. It was almost a belated birthday present to me. Antonella combined a lethal mix of little talent with a huge sense of entitlement. How long before she poses for Maxim and shows up on the “Surreal Life” and then tumbles into obscurity?

Sundance, Sundance, Sundance. Where is that guy who blew me away at his initial audition? Though I thought he was much more talented than Sunjaya, but I also thought he had a huge fall from grace week after week. Plus the tweeners aren’t going to vote for a guy who lacks the non-threatening prettiness of Sunjaya.

Sabrina getting the Idol boot was a definite shocker. Why? I’m wondering if she got lost in the shuffle of the other R & B belting divas. This is sad, but she’s very talented.

So there you have it, our top 12 of AI Season 6. Diana Ross will be joining us next week. Be careful kids. Miss Ross can cut you without removing her fur or touching up her weave.

Well, the point is if she's older, then she lied about her age from the start, and she could get booted if she's found out. There are age limits on Idol. I think they raised it to 29 two years seasons ago or so.

I don't think she looks older than 29. :shrug:

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
who cares how old she is.. that's not what the competition is all about..

If she is older more power to her!!:up:

It was just an observation, really...

Lila64 said:
why do you guys think that? :shrug:

Her maturity, her demeanor, her energy, the way she dresses, her taste in music, the way she drives... Oh, and because it says: twenty-nine (plus) next to her picture on the American Idol site.:wink:

--------

I'm sure she's twenty-nine but it wouldn't surprise me if it came out that she's really 35-42. In any case, she's a sweetheart.

OK it's official, every season there's that one that you're like "why is he still here" and this year it's Sanjaya (last year Kevin whatshisname, Chicken Little). Really who cares, all the guys pretty much suck except for Chris S.

Final 3 - LaKisha, Melinda, and one of the guys who probably won't deserve to be there (like Justin in season 1). Problem with AI is too many girls watch & vote, and vote multiple times...and don't vote with their ears. Guys do that too, but not as many of us vote hence the ousting of Antonella :)

Not happy at all with the guys this season. Speaking of Bo Bice, he's back and about ready to tour again. He just did soundtrack for Blades of Glory, which stars Will Ferrell. I read that he and Ben Stiller have become friends after the latter became a fan.

Saw this on youtube. Bo co-wrote this with Chris Tompkins, long time friend and former bandmate who now writes a lot of hits including one of Underwood. A couple of other songs on that thread. I think these are the ones he should put on his next album. And yeah buh bye to Clive Davis.
American Blood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufcZa_xScdQ&mode=related&search=

I'm Gone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAYPthWDcw4&NR

Last edited:
Me too. I think he needs to break away from the middling pop/lite "rock" (and I use the term VERY loosely) that he had on that album.

Justin24 said:
Bo is really talented and underated. I hope he becomes more successful.
I agree. He was definitely one of my favorites from season 4. It was a shame how he and his music was watered-down to fit into whatever Clive Davis feels is appropriate Top 40 pop/rock. Let Bo be Bo, I say.

Good lord please do not let tonight suck!! And please do not let me put my foot through my TV when Sanjaya sings.

Did anyone read about Mario Vazquez on TMZ?

Former "American Idol" finalist Mario Vasquez is facing accusations that he tried to masturbate in front of a male employee in a bathroom on the set of the hit show in February 2005.

Shortly thereafter, Vasquez mysteriously dropped out of "Idol," citing personal reasons.

According to the lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ, Vazquez allegedly "sexually harassed" Magdaleno Olmos, assistant accountant for Fremantle Media, the company that produces American Idol.

In the lawsuit, Olmos claims "Vazquez stared lasciviously, smiled lasciviously ... and on one occasion followed him into a bathroom ... knocked on the door of the plaintiff's stall and made eye contact through the space in the stall door."

The lawsuit alleges that Vazquez "started to rub his genitals over his pants. Attempting to leave the bathroom, Olmos opened the door of the stall and saw Vazquez standing in front of him with his pants down masturbating."

According to the documents, Vazquez pushed Olmos "further into the stall and continued masturbating with one hand and trying to pull down Olmos' pants with another hand."

Olmos claims that he tried to "cover his body with his hands" but Vazquez touched his "chest and stomach underneath his shirt, and Olmos' "genitals" as Vazquez "attempted to unzip" Olmos' pants.

Vazquez then allegedly asked Olmos "if he wanted oral sex."

In the lawsuit, Olmos claims that as he "managed to get out of the stall, and attempted to leave the bathroom," Vazquez, grabbed his arm "in an effort to stop him." Vazquez continued to call Olmos to come back as Vazquez "stood in the bathroom with his pants still down."

In the suit, Olmos claims that he tried to report the incident to a superior named Eric LaPointe, who allegedly responded by telling Olmos that "he was crazy" and "repeatedly threatening to fire" him. A few months after the incident, Olmos claims he was "terminated."

In addition to suing Vazquez, Olmos has named FOX Entertainment and Fremantle Media as defendants in his lawsuit for wrongful termination.

Reps from FOX tell TMZ, "We haven't been served, but we wouldn't comment on pending litigation."

Calls to Vazquez's attorney, and reps from "American Idol" on behalf of the defendants, have not yet been returned.

That was amazing. Thank you, Simon, for saying everything we have all ever wanted to say to Ryan.

He seriously set himself up to be ridiculed. :drool: :drool:

PlaTheGreat said:
That was amazing. Thank you, Simon, for saying everything we have all ever wanted to say to Ryan.

He seriously set himself up to be ridiculed. :drool: :drool:

"Stop going throught my closet."

"Come out then!"

"This is about the top 12, not your wishes."

AWESOME! :dancing:

And it's the long awaited return of "funny drunk crying making no sense gosh she's such a mess" Paula.

I sure hope she was making Simon laugh, because if Simon just got a little verklempt that the apocalypse is coming soon :shifty:.

Oh, it's "Endless Love" done to the tempo of "Clocks" :huh:.

Third different hairstyle in three weeks for Sanjaya.

If I were to submit a question to the "Idols" I would send one to him.

"Sanjaya, how long do you think it will be until the show completely crushes your spirit? Two more weeks? Three?"

eta: To be fair, I had the tv on mute during the judges comments, and my close captioning wrote it as "whale", so I was like, "wtf?" :lol:

God, he was awful :|

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

"Stop going throught my closet."

"Come out then!"

"This is about the top 12, not your wishes."

AWESOME! :dancing:

And it's the long awaited return of "funny drunk crying making no sense gosh she's such a mess" Paula.

I sure hope she was making Simon laugh, because if Simon just got a little verklempt that the apocalypse is coming soon :shifty:.

Oh, it's "Endless Love" done to the tempo of "Clocks" :huh:.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I totally agree with ya! :up:

I don't know. I think the judges are being too harsh on Sanjaya now. Hasn't he heard enough from them yet? If America is voting for him, he must be doing something right. Don't put him on stage week after week and then humiliate him every single time in front of the camera. Granted, the judges have no say in who gets thru to the next round.... or so everyone "believes".

Paula is right. Half the audience may not even know she messed up the lyrics. But she told everyone now. :|

batboy.gif

"I'm gonna make you looooooooooooooove meeeeeeeeeeee!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom