American Idol 6 - Part 2 - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2007, 10:51 AM   #211
Refugee

Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by one4u2

I think your crazy gif represents Sanjaya's next hairstyle.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:55 AM   #212
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:44 AM
^

Old 03-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #213
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
Oh, Simon, it’s no longer 1975. Button up your shirt.

Wednesday night we get our first pimpmercial for Ford. The contestants completely murder the Modest Mouse song “Float On.”
I was just stunned that Simon wore something other than a tee shirt!

And I kind of liked the pimpmercial. They've definitely gotten more clever and less cheesy over the years.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:52 AM   #214
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

And I kind of liked the pimpmercial. They've definitely gotten more clever and less cheesy over the years.

That was my reaction too. I remember thinking do my eyes deceive me? Simon isn't wearing a tight T-shirt.. It was a welcome change. Did Randy style him last night?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #215
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Simon looked so fine in that shirt...highlight of the evening.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 03-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #216
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:44 AM
I have short term memory loss - what was Simon wearing?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #217
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
I have short term memory loss - what was Simon wearing?
A white button down shirt that was partially unbuttoned (of course) He did look pretty damn good.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

I didn't remember what he was wearing either Lila. But white unbuttoned shirt on Simon =

(AP) Paula Abdul, Cowell chummy in real life

Wed Mar 14

Paula Abdul says she and Simon Cowell, who torments her on the set of "American Idol," are chummy in real life. "Simon and I actually get along great," the 44-year-old "Idol" judge says in an interview in TV Guide magazine's March 19 issue. "We have cultivated a fun relationship. ... He's actually become a really good friend."

Were they at first attracted to one another, as Cowell has suggested?

"Oh, puh-leez! He makes this stuff up," Abdul says. "He said, `Paula, people want us to hook up so bad.' I said, `That's disgusting.' He goes, `Paula, I know you want me,' and I go, `Like a cold sore.' We have fun playing up the chemistry, but there's also times when I would cross the other side of the street so I wouldn't have to look at him."

In her five years on the Fox talent contest, Abdul has become a pop-culture punch line for her sometimes odd behavior, which has included slurred speech. Cowell, ever the troublemaker, is to blame, she says.

"He's caused me a lot of problems. ... In the middle of me trying to figure out how I'm going to say something that gives someone dignity walking off that stage, I've got the antagonistic brother goofing on me, trying to throw me off," she says.

"Simon will do things that people have no idea about. ... When the camera isn't on me, (he) isn't watching the performance, he's poking and prodding me."
Old 03-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

TMZ found Sanjayas's My Space page

They also say this. I agree, that was atrocious. And I noticed Simon's face too

Diana Ross gave a mind-numbingly horrific and off-key, shrieking, wobbly performance on "American Idol" last night, that left even Simon Cowell staring in disbelief.

From her opening spotlight, the wild-wigged diva seemed to totter, and then, in a big "American Idol" no-no, she slurred the lyric to her song. Instead of saying, "I know you feel the same way too," she 'sang,' "I know you spiel the same way too." Upside down!

After Diana almost hit several hollered notes, a stunned Simon's eyes widened as he took a sip of his Coke. The song seemed never-ending -- until Miss Ross appeared to mercifully wave at the band to quit playing.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:

In Simon fan circles we call that shirt the THUD shirt... because he looks especially fetching in it.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:14 AM   #221
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Diana Ross gave a mind-numbingly horrific and off-key, shrieking, wobbly performance on "American Idol" last night, that left even Simon Cowell staring in disbelief.
Heh. Well, Miss Ross was never known for being a great singer.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:06 AM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Cowell says he's bigger than Springsteen

Thu Mar 15, 7:19 PM ET

NEW YORK - Simon Cowell says he's bigger than The Boss. In an interview to air Sunday on CBS' "60 Minutes," the "American Idol" judge says he's worth five times more to Sony BMG than
Bruce Springsteen.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:23 AM   #223
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:44 AM
that Sanjaya myspace pic is just a twinge creepy

and i agree, Diana's performance was a little on the wobbly side
Old 03-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

Chill out Simon. Ok you're hot and rich, but you are no Bruce. Not by a long shot

Has the uber success of American Idol gone to Simon Cowell's head? Perhaps. It certainly has padded his bank account – so much so that he proclaims he's worth more than legendary rocker Bruce Springsteen, who has a record contract reported to be worth $100 million.

"I sell more records than Bruce Springsteen," Cowell says in a new interview with 60 Minutes airing Sunday. Cowell tells interviewer Anderson Cooper that he has sold "over 100 million records."

How is it that a former music executive-turned-television personality can achieve this feat?

Cowell says it's simple. "By doing Idol I signed the biggest artist on the planet and it's called Idol because every single Idol winner in now signed through Sony BMG," Cowell explains. "And this applies to ...all countries... we sell Idol to, which is over 30 countries."

Albums by the show's winners and runners-up are distributed by labels within the Sony BMG system through a deal between Clive Davis and 19 Recordings Unlimited, the label managed by American Idol creator Simon Fuller.

Many former contestants – not just the winners – have gone on to become platinum-selling recording artists including Kelly Clarkson, Fantasia, Chris Daughtry and Carrie Underwood, who Cowell predicted would sell "more records than any other artist" in the show's history. And he was right – so far. To date Underwood's debut CD has sold over five million records.

Of Springsteen's $100 million deal with Sony BMG, Cowell quips, "For him it's a good deal."

Meanwhile, Cowell crows to Cooper, "In the last five years, I've probably sold over 100 million records. If [Springsteen] got 100 [million dollars], I should have got 500."
Old 03-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #225
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
I wonder if Sanjaya has a large contingency of Indian voters ... that could be keeping him around more than something like VoteFortheWorst.com.

Look at Jasmine Trias in the Fantasia season - all of Hawaii was probably voting a zillion times for her every week.

I still haven't forgiven Hawaii for her sticking around so damn long.
Ah but she was just so f-ing cute with those flowers in her hair...I actually thought she was pretty good at first, another one like Sundance that got worse as the show progressed.