American Idol 6 - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well crud. That being said, Steph kind of bored me.. and it sucks that they didn't show her singout.

Sanjaya is beginning to remind me of John Peter Lewis from Season Three. Remember him? Was easy on the eyes, but didn't have a great singing voice.. he stayed around for awhile and then finally got the boot. The same will happen with Sanjaya... I hope!

And no judges speak at all :rant: I don't watch the show to see Brad Garrett cameos.. Geez.

JPL was the biggest dork this show has ever seen.

And I mean that in a nice way - he was kind of endearing in a strange kind of way.

Yeah, she's a little firecracker, isn't she?

She totally broke that song though. What fun is it if you're going to change your song so much the people at home can't sing along with it??? :mad:

It's your one hit song, woman! Keep it simple.

Well, at least Lulu was better than Diana Ross.
Makes me want to go out & rent To Sir With Love again. Sidney Poitier :up:

Couldn't believe the bottom two, though I do think Stephanie got lost in the diva cracks as stated before, but more eloquently. I thought for sure the bottom 3 were going to be Sanjaya, Gina and Haley. Oh well. I don't think AI leaves enough time for the 'sing-off' and the 'road to AI', especially tonight with 2 musical performances. Maybe those days are over, at least with so many contestants. Who knows :shrug:

Sanjaya is still around??? :lmao:

We have to see/hear this kid every week...no wonder America's standard of living is lower than the Canada's. :|

wtfughsmiley.gif

corianderstem said:
Yeah, she's a little firecracker, isn't she?

It's your one hit song, woman! Keep it simple.

the recording was from about 40 years ago when she was a teenager

so I will give her some slack

1:42 a.m. - Let's play The Guess the American Idol Contestant Eviction Sequence Game!!

(O.k., the rest of the house is asleep and I must be bored).

The next four to go (in no particular order):

Chris R.
Gina
Phil
Sanjarjar

Followed by:

Chris S.
Lakisha
Haley (dark horse finalist?)

And then:

Melinda - probably deserves to win and if our folks were voting she would but she'll never receive the Ashley vote.

Finalists:

Blake - more original
Jordin - better voice

--

American Idol: Jordin Sparks

Are you delirious? Must be, you are awake at this hour :wink:

Sanjaya and Phil need to go. Can we have a double elimination next week? What's the theme, anyone know?

Oh, and Fox News had some AI blurb with Ashley, all of about 5 seconds. Simon really thought she was crying during Sanjaya because it was so bad. Those brits! :giggle:

RavenBlue said:

Sanjaya is beginning to remind me of John Peter Lewis from Season Three. Remember him? Was easy on the eyes, but didn't have a great singing voice.. he stayed around for awhile and then finally got the boot. The same will happen with Sanjaya... I hope!

Am I the only one who does not think Sanjaya is attractive? I mean is eyebrows alone could use up 5 pages of all that is wrong with Sanjaya?

I loved Lulu...that used to be one of my favorite songs and I really enjoyed hearing her sing it. And come on she was a hot ticket!!

Lila64 said:

That's awesome :lol:

This is not funny anymore, knock it off Howard Stern.

And I don't think Sanjaya is attractive either, not to be mean to a 17 year old or whatever he is. Frankly I can't believe teen girls would find him attractive, but I guess I'm totally out of touch in that regard.

I can't believe that Lulu woman looks like that-that is some amazing work :shocked:

How did I miss this thread...

Oh, well, quick catch up.

Sanjaya sucks. An embarassment to American Idol.

It is sad that everyone is making fun of this girl Ashley, I think she might have some sort of a mental disease.

And I also think that this is one of the most boring AI seasons... everyone sounds so similar.

My prediction for the top 3: Melinda, Blake and Jordin.

Cheers!

MrsSpringsteen said:

And I don't think Sanjaya is attractive either, not to be mean to a 17 year old or whatever he is.

Howard likes his sister as well, and has a link to her pic (in a hooters uniform) on his home page.

AI Recaps-March 21st
The Results

I now realize why I wasn’t thrilled with LaKisha’s performance Tuesday night. It was her hair. I think she was wearing the Diana Ross wig Sanjaya was sporting the week before. But onto the show.

Tuesday night was British Invasion night but the way some contestants sang it should have been British Invalidation night. We get an overview of Tuesday night’s performances but the true star was a crying Ashley who is this year’s David Hasselhoff, only she’s not a massive tool.

Instead of a group sing, Peter Noone lumbers through “A Kind of Hush.” However, countless post menopausal women totally squee all through out America. I just sit there and think of the contestants I want to hush.

Sadly, a thunderstorm kicked AI off the air for a brief moment here in Milwaukee. I saw a snippet of the pimpmercial (what song did the contestants butcher?), and then all of a sudden Brad Garrett is being kicked off of American Idol. Huh?

Now we’re getting to the results. Not surprisingly Phil, Blake, and Melinda are safe. Chris S., LaKisha, and Jordin also avoid the bottom pit of failure. Sanjaya (&%#$@!), Haley, and Gina are also staying. Chris R and Stephanie are in the bottom two.

Now do we find out right away which one is leaving us? Of course not! This is American Idol, and they have to drag on the torture to get back to some AI business, the Idol Challenge, Idol Gives Back, and a song by Lulu. Lulu sings her classic “To Sir with Love” apparently wearing Olivia Newton-John’s tight shiny black pants from “Grease.”

After 30 million votes we find out Stephanie is going home. I have to agree with Simon that she was losing her edge. She was becoming a bit Beyonce-ish and never really established a Stephanie-stamped identity. However, she is miles more talented and appealing than, well, you know who...

And I’ve come to the conclusion that Sanjaya is indestructible. After a nuclear war, the only things that will be remaining are cockroaches and Sanjaya.

Lila64 said:
Are you delirious? Must be, you are awake at this hour :wink:

Yes. But not nearly as delirious as I felt this morning when my alarm clock went off at 6:20. .:wink:

I'll eat my kid's floating rubber pool shark if Melinda or Lakisha win this competition.

I was really shocked by these results. :huh:

As for that crying Ashley girl, I saw on the news that she had been around for a taping of Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader, and she was allowed to watch the Idols rehearse. Since she was so thrilled to be there, they allowed her to stay for the show.

U2@NYC said:
It is sad that everyone is making fun of this girl Ashley, I think she might have some sort of a mental disease.

Nah. I think she's just a teenage girl at the mercy of her hormones. She was excited, and she's totally into the show, and sometimes for teenagers, that equals tears of "OMG I LOVE YOU."

You have a new little girl ... you should know what you might be in for 11-12 years from now. :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:

On the contrary, it gets funnier every single week.

I don't think we can discount the power of Indian voters either. They do account for at least 1/6 of the world's population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom