American Idol 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed most of it :(

Damn, that would have been great TV :wink:

tmz.com

So that whole kerfuffle about Courtney Love replacing Paula Abdul? A lot of bunk. "Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe says that he never called Courtney, and that he has "no plans to add to or replace" Paula, Randy, or Simon. Lythgoe says he's "afraid someone may have misrepresented me." Love, for her part, called the buzz about her being on "Idol" "nonsense" in a post on her website, and that she "woul dnever [sic] ever do that." Plus, says Courtney, in the spelling-challenged screed, "i couldnt even get ON that show nor would I wantt o." She says that Us, which had the original story, "misrepresented and misquoted" her.

AI Recaps Jan. 31st
LA Auditions

We’re going to Hollywood-literally. Will Tinsel Town bring us a superstar or make us want to throw ourselves to our death from the Hollywood sign? Olivia Newton-John is the one that we want...to help with the judging.

Martique: He claims he is eccentric. Well, that’s one way of putting it. After giving us one of the most bizarre opening moments in AI history, Martique er, sings, raps, um, I have no idea what he’s doing. Before his audition Martique claimed he wanted to be a singer, rapper, model, author, and choreographer. Now he can add trainwreck to his resume.

Shelandrick(?): He comes across as a Barry White wannabe. After singing, Barry turns in his grave.

Marianna: Someone must tell her that the Coyote Ugly look is so 1999. Marianna sings “Should I Stay or Should I Go?” I think we all know the answer to that question. Not only does Marianna get on her knees and beg the judges to let her through to Hollywood, she also brings her MILF of a mother to get them to change their minds. And despite Randy and Simon thinking Marianna’s mom is a stone cold fox, the answer is still no.

Alana: Alana has been a struggling artist. If this doesn’t work out, Alana says she’s going to go to college. Hey, nothing wrong with going to college. After the past few train wrecks, Alana is welcome relief. She has husky, warm tone that I’ve always liked, but sadly doesn’t seem to go far on AI. Perhaps this will change.

Phuong: Sex-change Taylor (and ethnicity-change Taylor). She gives us some crocodile tears about her family not supporting her musical dreams. There is a reason why. She can’t sing or dance at all! I had to avert my eyes and plug my ears. She’s that bad. She should also not evoke the name of Taylor Hicks in front of Simon. Simon hates Taylor.

Brandon: Brandon is a back up singer who has backed both Anastasia and Christina Aguilera. He better have the chops. Yes, he does have the chops-what a soulful, warm tone to his voice. Paula is practically creaming her drawers (Corey Clark, Paula, Corey Clark). And Brandon also has a great smile. He gets the golden ticket.

Brian: Brian got through to Hollywood last year and then choked. Now Brandon is back better than ever. Randy, Paula, and Olivia give him the yes to another AI chance. Simon thinks Brian is forgettable.

Sherman: Sherman is an old man who recently lost his lady love. His story brings tears to Paula’s eyes (Or maybe it's her meds). Sherman sings the old classic, “You Belong to Me” and has a pretty decent voice. Too bad he’s about forty years past the cut off age.

Now we have soulmates Darryl and Cavette. They are totally PDA city.

Cavette: Also known as Sparkles, Cavette brings it like it’s supposed to be brought. Too bad it’s not singing that’s been brought. Her flirting with Simon the hottie is really unnerving.

Darryl: Can you sing with a grill? Grill or no grill. Darryl can’t sing. Darryl and Cavette won’t be the idol finalist sweethears afterall. Oh well, they’ll always have the bus stop.

Anthony: He sings “You Light Up My Life.” As if that song isn’t bad enough.

Eric: Eric tells us he has been training for AI for two years. He sings and neither his voice nor the song he sings sounds human. Just what is he singing? We then found out that Eric trained with Randy and Paula’s DVD “Sing Like a Star.” It’s a real DVD, not a joke found in the Onion. Randy and Paula have an actual DVD. Simon finds this hysterical, and I bet the DVD makes a great gag gift.

At the end of two days in Hollywood, 39 people received the golden ticket, and they are going to Hollywood. Oh wait, they already are in Hollywood.

Next week, AI goes to San Antonio.

I have not laughed as hard watching Idol as I did last night. The first panther guy and the two soulmates were priceless!!

I'm still laughing :lol:

All I have to do is think of Panther making his sound and seeing his hand swoosh by, and it makes me bust out laughing.

I can't wait for San Antonio because I knew a coworker that went down to try out, and I'm wondering if I might be able to see her on the show.

Also there's already a controversy about a guy from Dallas. He won a golden ticket, but at the last minute they took it back.

Go here for the story...

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

I think he should keep it since he paid his dues, and now he's in college trying to better himself. It's the perfect Cinderella story they should have kept. What he did was minor.

RavenBlue said:
Ok I'll admit it. I had a tear in my eye when Sherman told his story and sang. I thought that was so sweet.

That bit with Simon at the end was hilarious.

those two scenes were the only worthwhile watching.

altho with that first guy, i about died laughing. that was too much.

Yeah, I teared up. At least they let him through to perform. They didn't have to let him through at all, right? And obviously he was too old. But it was still sweet

When you guys are watching the San Antonio auditions tomorrow, keep an eye out for a big black guy with braids and a great voice. His name is Jimmy.

Before I transferred to UT, I attended Texas State, and he was my residence assistant in my dorm. I've watched many a Mavs game with him and he's an all around great guy. I don't know how the show went for him, but it's exciting to know he is going to be on there. I saw his face in a promo ad last week.

So yeah, just a heads up.

Just keep in mind he's the bigger black dude who actually has a good voice and doesn't flip out. :wink:

Was he the last guy that they said was like Ruben? He has a very good voice, and he's super cute. Seems so nice too.

I felt very badly for the girl who said she had performed for the mayor and the way Simon made her cry. People know what they are in for but it is still just so wrong sometimes.

the girl who said she sang for the mayor....don't think she even pronounced one word she was singing!! was the mayor drunk? :coocoo:

The guy at the end that Simon said was a fun Ruben was good :up:

loved the set of cousins---the first guy who sang Amazing Grace and at the end told the judges that he was going to talk smack on his way out and just go with it (don't remember his exact quote)...thought that was hilarious! :lmao: and his cousin who actually sounded really good I thought, although Simon said he was bored.

was surprised they gave that girl a second chance, I liked her voice but the facial expressions were rather noticeable.

AI-Recaps February 6th
San Antonio Auditions

It is said that everything is bigger in Texas. Will San Antonio offer bigger talent or bigger train wrecks? I guess we’ll find out.

Brian: Brian tells us that people either love him or hate him-there is no in-between. After he sings the Billy Idol song “Rebel Yell” I guess I hate him. The judges aren’t exactly fond of him either, and he doesn’t get a golden ticket.

Hailey: Fortunately, Hailey can sing, has good control. Her voice is pretty. But can she bring any passion or fire to her performances? Well, at least she isn’t melisma city when she sings. And I give her credit for admitting that her outfit was rather hoochie.

Jasmine: Jasmine...and her camel toe come to audition for AI. She is awful. I can forgive a Glamour don’t like camel toe when someone can sing, but Jasmine can’t sing. In fact, I don’t think she’s singing. I have no idea what she is doing. Initially she is polite, but soon she gives the judges a bunch of lip. Jasmine and her camel toe will not be going to Hollywood. And through Jasmine's family, I learn Simon is from a country called British. Wow. You learn something new everyday.

Bailie: Hailie is another small town blonde. Ho hum. She can sing. She’s very commercial sounding, which equals boring to me. I think she’s unremarkable. Would she get through if she wasn’t a cute blonde? The golden haired gets a golden ticket.

Next we get a montage of the "other door of humiliation." This joke stopped being funny a weeks ago.

Next we get the unemployed cousins William and Akron. Yes, that’s a turn-on.

William: Cousin William goes first. He sings “Amazing Grace.” More like “Amazing Disgrace.” I did like his mock smack-down.

Akron: Unlike Cousin William, Akron can sing. He gets a golden ticket.

Once again, we are treated to a montage of bad auditions. Remember the Alamo, and dismember these contestants. Once again, this shit stopped being funny weeks ago.

Sandie: Huh? That was “Black Velvet?” That’s not how I remember it. Sadly, Sandie’s rendition of “Black Velvet” is more like the “Black Plague.” She isn’t going to Hollywood. Later we find out Sandie is a music teacher. Well, those who can, do, and those who can’t, teach. And those who can’t teach, teach gym.

Ashlyn: First, she is so stylish and pretty. I love her big expressive eyes. But can she sing? She sings the Nina Simone song “Feelin’ Good”-also done by Michael Buble. Well, I’m feelin’ good after I hear Ashlyn sing. Her voice is not mainstream (read: not American Idol), but I like her. The judges are put off by her affected facial expressions. Hmm, I hardly found her facial expressions too disconcerting. And after the parade of good, but bland singers, Ashlyn is very refreshing, but she doesn’t get the golden ticket...at first. The judges come to their senses and give her a second chance. This time Ashlyn gets the golden ticket. She...and her facial expressions are going to Hollywood.

Jacob: Jacob is from a show biz family and wants the legend of his forebears to continue. Jacob has the most freaky-ass facial hair I’ve seen, and he can’t sing. I guess the legend stops with Jacob.

Jimmy (inmyplace's former RA): Jimmy sings the old classic “Cupid” with lots of full-bodied soul. He’s likable and can sing. I like him, and he gets the golden ticket.

After being treated to some Texas-sized talent, and Texas-sized train wrecks, 22 people who auditioned in San Antonio are going to Hollywood.

Tomorrow we get the “Best of the Rest.” And when AI says the best of the rest, I’m sure they mean the best of the singers and best of the train wrecks. What would AI be without train wrecks? Is it Hollywood week yet?

I like him because 9 times out of 10, he's spot on in his criticisms. Sometimes he's a prick, though, and goes too far.

Yea, Simon can be an ass. But sometimes I think his less than flattering feedback is a complete blow to some of these kids who never heard a negative comment about their behavior, grades, talent, skills, etc. They're just not used to being told "no."

Bonochick said:
The last audition with Simon finding out about the DVD was classic. :lmao: :heart:

Here in the UK we're a bit behind you guys. Was watching this the other night. Simon at the end was so hilarious.:lmao:

RavenBlue said:
Ok I'll admit it. I had a tear in my eye when Sherman told his story and sang. I thought that was so sweet.

His stoory so sweet. I nearly started crying. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom