American Idol 6 - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #451
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:30 AM
What did Sanjaya perform this week?

Old 02-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #452
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:30 AM
Simon has a british accent. So he is an important judge.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:26 PM   #453
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:30 PM
What is that ridiculous getup Sanjaya is wearing? Send him home for fashion crimes.

I have to say, Phil almost made me like that song "Missing You."

Almost.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:22 AM   #454
Blue Crack Distributor

What was that song that Chris (or as I like to think of him, Sluggo Timberlake) sang?

Hmm, Sundance in the final slot. I'm waiting to be impressed.

I love how the judges like to put the singers back in their boxes. "Man, I wish you would do you beatbox thing." "I miss the crooner Nick with the smokey voice." "Where's the bluesy Sundance?"

I realize that might be what they do best, but it cracks me up the way they sometimes want the singers to try something new, lest they get boring, but as soon as they do, they want to shove them back into their little boxes.

Singers! STAY IN YOUR BOX!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:40 AM   #455
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Local Time: 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER
He made me laugh when he said, "I luv puppeeees."

Same here. Yes, Simon was mean, but you have to admit it was funny when he said that.

I was on both sides of the issue here. Yes, it was nice to have a dedication, but American Idol might not be the place to do that when your life is on the line and when you should be belting out songs. In all honesty that was a very weak song he did. There were others that did a much better job than him. There's a time and a place for ballads/dedications, and that wasn't the time.

Thank the Lord I missed the first hour! Dateline Predator was a lot more interesting.

But tomorrow night, I will watch all the women.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:02 AM   #456
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:30 PM
Blake I think he's my fav....and Chris Sligh

Simon was being very mean, but we found his soft side. PUPPIES!!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:02 AM   #457
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I like this guy

Old 02-28-2007, 01:04 AM   #458
ONE
love, blood, life

Word has it, you like any guy!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:13 AM   #459
Blue Crack Distributor

Thought the guys were better this week than last. Of course, that's not necessarily saying much.

Still liked Blake and Chris. Sundance was much better than last week and picked a great song to do. Liked Chris too. But I think Sanjaya's performance was and Brandon's was very weak & boring (Time After Time).
Old 02-28-2007, 07:54 AM   #460
Refugee

Local Time: 06:30 AM
AI Recaps-February 27th
Top 10 Guys

Ryan claims it’s personal tonight. The guys are probably licking their wounds after being beat by a bunch of girls last week, and they need to bring it.

But first there is a bit of business to attend to. AI decides to claim Jennifer Hudson as one of their own, and congratulates her for her Oscar win. Hmm, is Taylor going to have to broker peace in the Middle East to get some recognition from the powers that be?

Tonight’s theme is Hallmark card, and the guys are dedicating songs to the people who inspire them.

Phil Stacey (Missing You)-Phil dedicates this song to his command unit. Well, we all know that dedicating this song to his wife, the woman who gave birth to his child while he was auditioning for AI is asking way too much. I’m not impressed with Phil’s interpretation of this song. Paula claims that people love his tone, but I’m not a fan. He sounds too guttural to me, like he’s singing from the back of his throat. Still, he gets a tongue bath from the judges.

Jared Cotter (Let’s Get it On)-Jared dedicates Marvin Gaye’s iconic baby-makin’ song to his parents. That skeeves me out so much that I can’t even pay attention to his performance. However, I find his voice too sharp in parts, and Simon is spot on. Jared’s performance is very “Love Boat.” He really does come across like cruise ship entertainment.

Sanjaya Malakar (Steppin’ Out)-Sanjaya dedicates this song to his late grandfather. And he’s obviously wearing grandpa’s favorite hat. Sanjaya is still too hesitant and nervous on stage. Paula uses 374 words to say she doesn’t like Sanjaya’s performance. As talented as he is, he’s just too unready for this show. However, due to the lightening-fast text messaging fingers of today’s tweeners, I wouldn’t be too surprised if Sanjaya stays. The pages of Tiger Beat always have a place for non-threatening, non-sexual cute boys.

Chris Sligh (Trouble)-Chris dedicates his performance to his wife. Remember when Taylor sang this song last year? Yeah, good times, good times. Chris sounds wonderful and I really liked his performance. Other than rushing in some parts, Chris’ voice was top notch. And apparently he did not refer to his “Book of Snark” before he performed; he didn’t make a snippy joke at Simon’s expense.

Nick Pedro (Fever)-In lieu of being home for Valentine’s Day, Nick sings this song to his girlfriend. He also boy bands this Peggy Lee classic for all it’s worth. Vote for Pedro? Is that saying even relevant anymore?

Blake (Virtual Insanity)-Once again, Blake sings outside the AI box and chooses a Jamiroquoi song. Though I’m not a fan of the dancing and hand gestures, I really liked his performance and how different it was from last week, especially with the scatting/beat boxing. Blake proves he can sing different genres of music. He’s going to be interesting to watch during the theme weeks.

Chris Richardson (Geek in the Pink)-Chris dedicates this song to his grandmother, aka Big Mama. I’m rather put off by the suggestive songs the contestants are dedicating to their parents and grandmothers. What kind of “Flowers in the Attic” relationships do these people have? Though it appears that Chris is one of the chosen ones by the judges, I’m not feeling this guy. I don’t regard his nasally voice and K-Fed mannerisms on stage to be that impressive.

Brandon Rogers (Time after Time)-Dedicating this song to his grandma, Blake surprises me with a song choice that I’d never thought he’d make. I thought it was very brave of him to do a song so unexpected. I’ve loved this song ever since Cyndi Lauper made it a hit in the 1980s, and Brandon didn’t disappoint. Simon may of complained that it wasn’t an over the top show stopper, but sometimes subtlety and nuance can be welcome relief from all the “in your face” performances.

Sundance Head (Mustang Sally)-Sundance sings this song for his new baby boy. Finally we get the Sundance that made many of us love him at his audition. This is exactly the kind of music Sundance should be singing. He brought so much soul and grit to his performance, and he really hit the glory note. He deserves to stay.

Some of the guys stayed consistently good, and some guys were far improved over last week. And some guys are on thin ice. And we also learned something new tonight. Simon likes puppies. I’m sure the girls will bring out the puppies when they perform.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:38 AM   #461
Blue Crack Addict

@ "Flowers In The Attic relationship"-I read all those books

I liked Chris with Trouble-but why would you do a song that Taylor had done and know that your version would be compared? It's not as if Ray doesn't have other songs, he has two CD's out.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:31 AM   #462
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl

Jared Cotter (Let’s Get it On)-Jared dedicates Marvin Gaye’s iconic baby-makin’ song to his parents. That skeeves me out so much that I can’t even pay attention to his performance.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one! I called my dad (he watches AI as well) and said, "No offense, but that is the LAST song I'd dedicate to you." He thanked me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
Chris Sligh (Trouble)-Chris dedicates his performance to his wife. Remember when Taylor sang this song last year?
Yes...

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 02-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #463
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm glad Sundance picked a more bluesy song to sing, but honestly, Mustang Sally is about the safest, easiest song he could have chosen.

He hasn't won me back yet.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #464
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
My favorite male singer:

Chris Sligh
Old 02-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #465
Blue Crack Distributor

Mine, too.