American Idol 6 - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #376
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
I don't want to make you puke, but according to DialIdol (take this with a grain of salt), Sundance has the most votes.
I'm actually okay with it. It surprises me, but I'm okay with it. I'm still willing to give him another chance to get his head out of his ass and start singing well again. His first audition blew me away.

I just thought he'd be the one to go.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #377
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:13 PM
the results on that site, if even semi-accurate are insane
Antonella being number 2 after Lakisha? (ETA: 2-5)
If that's true, then this is a beauty pageant

http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

Old 02-22-2007, 06:50 PM   #378
Blue Crack Distributor

It should be a shock to no one who regularly watches the show that the worst singers often live to sing another week.

I mean, there are probably 600 teenagers in Jersey voting 8,000,000 times for Antonella. "OMG WE CAN'T LET HER GET VOTED OFF BECAUSE SIMON WAS SO MEAN!!!!"

Be zen-like about it. Idol is pretty messed up, and I wish they'd do something about the way voting is allowed, but it's still entertaining television. That's my advice ... and sometimes I try to take my own advice.

I'm trying to remember talk about DialIdol.com in past seasons ... has the website been an accurate predictor in the past? I want to say it's been proven wrong quite a bit, but can't quite remember.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:11 PM   #379
Blue Crack Distributor

Sorry for my delayed response - I had a video to watch

If I recall, DialIdol - at least the few times I checked it out, were pretty on target. Maybe GG knows better.

Nothing against Antonella, but when you put her up against some of the other performers last night, she's not even in their league. Sure, she could have had a bad night & nerves got to her. She's been alright before, but nothing special beyond her looks. Suck it up - some of the others raised the bar. Damn voters!

Old 02-22-2007, 09:20 PM   #380
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 03:13 PM
I just got home from work. Who got voted off? (attach spoiler space for west coasters if needed ).
Old 02-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #381
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 02:13 PM
So Gwen Stefani and Jennifer Lopez will be two of the several guest judges this season? Interesting.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #382
Blue Crack Distributor

... avoiding spoilers ... ... avoiding spoilers ... but I had to come in here just to rant:

Man, I hate these group sings. Thanks for ruining the best Tears For Fears song ever.

... running back out of thread ...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #383
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:13 PM
I think I know how Antonella stayed in. On Extra tonight they said that topless photos of her and other girls have been 'uncovered' and circulating on the 'net. Boobies over vocals I guess

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/p...merge-4746.php
Old 02-23-2007, 12:04 AM   #384
Blue Crack Distributor

Well, maybe they'll decide to kick her off for flashing her boobies. One can only hope!

I was fine with the people that got booted tonight. At least we won't have to look at Paul's bare feet anymore.

<--- has the anti-foot fetish
Old 02-23-2007, 12:23 AM   #385
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:13 PM
I didn't like the barefoot deal either. I was just thinking of how dirty his feet must get
Old 02-23-2007, 12:31 AM   #386
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue
I think I know how Antonella stayed in. On Extra tonight they said that topless photos of her and other girls have been 'uncovered' and circulating on the 'net. Boobies over vocals I guess

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/p...merge-4746.php
Oh my!
Old 02-23-2007, 01:51 AM   #387
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:13 PM
Gina Glocksen said her fav. band is U2 also. I like her a little bit more now.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:25 AM   #388
Blue Crack Distributor

Really no surprises on those sent home. Will boobs be bumped off next week
Old 02-23-2007, 07:35 AM   #389
Refugee

Local Time: 07:13 PM
AI Recaps-February 22nd
The Results

Which two guys and two girls won’t be joining the AI fold next week? Tonight the final 24 is going to be cut down to 20. If it was up to me, more than 4 would be leaving and most of them would be guys.

Ryan informs us that many music people will be joining AI for theme nights. Some of these people actually include people not old enough to be my parents. However, the inclusion of Jennifer Lopez is a head scratcher. Will she force the contestants to wear Glow? Perhaps she’s around for Latin music week.

Our AI hopefuls sing “Sowing the Seeds of Love” by Tears for Fears. They made it a very high school graduation song circa 1990. I couldn’t even enjoy it ironically. Last year I had so much fun during the Queen and Elvis medleys. Maybe once we get rid of the cannon fodder (you know who I’m talking about), we’ll have more amusing medley performances.

As I mentioned in my last recap, tonight’s special guest is AI season 3 winner Fantasia. Fantasia has some excellent news. She’s going to be on Broadway, starring in “The Color Purple.” She sings one of its songs “I’m Here.’ Judging from the goose bumps I got, I think Fantasia will do a great job as Celie.

But we all know why we’re tuning into the results show, the poor schmucks who are getting kicked off. Of the guys Paul Kim is one of the first to go. I guess his lucky panties weren’t quite so lucky. Rudy Cardenas is also leaving us. Perhaps he shouldn’t have worn a t-shirt with a bullseye on it. Both give lousy sing-outs. Of the girls, both Amy Krebs and Nicole Tranquillo are not returning next week. Amy sings, and moments after she’s done, she’s completely unmemorable to me. Nicole sings “Stay.” She’s “Gone.” And as we watch Paul, Rudy, Amy, and Nicole’s last moments on AI, we are treated to Chris DAUGHTRY!’s song, “Home.” It’s so obvious the powers that be at AI wish he was the winner of season 5.

I wasn’t too surprised that these four got the boot. I also wasn’t surprised that the four divas of AI6-Stephanie, Sabrina, Melinda, and LaKisha are staying. Alaina staying was a bit of a shock. I thought Leslie might leave due to her awkwardness on stage, but maybe other voters find her intriguing like I do. Antonella staying is completely inexplicable. She was horrible! I think she’s getting a lot of votes from guys who hope she stays along enough to get a spread in Maxim magazine.

As for the guys, I heard a rumor that Sundance had the highest amount of votes among the guys. This is really hard to believe. Blake and Brandon were so much better. And I think Phil, Chris R., and Chris S have growing fan bases. I was a little surprised that Sanjaya was in the top 4. He must have clinched the Tiger Beat vote. Sanjaya is like a Bollywood Shaun Cassidy...or Kristy McNichol.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #390
Blue Crack Distributor

Agreed on Sanjaya. Never discount the teeny bopper set. Cute goes a long way.